A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap Gallery  (Read 31864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
artsycandice
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2015 07:47:12 PM »

Swap thread

Links to the goodies:

1. artsycandice - organizer USA
2. rantyhippie USA
3. Ludi USA
4. MissingWillow USA
5. gotgrey USA
6. scarlet_nights USA
7. quaggy USA
8. Bow and Sparrow USA
9. lindyv321 USA
10. whatthepuck USA
11. Glamis Germany
12. mom2em USA
13. smashu Canada
14. edelC Ireland
15. Lo{ve} USA
16. Whistley USA
17. calixita USA
18. JoyfulClover USA
19. Gspinn USA
20. TrickyMcVomit USA
21. crazyda79 USA
22. Alchamy513 USA
23. Audania1 - Co-organizer USA
24. cadet120433 USA
25. phoenixfiredesigns USA
26. Thimbles71 USA
27. sweetyetevil USA
28. gala_apples Canada
29. Sylvan Canada
30. QueenNinjaMonkey USA
31. Smeddley USA
32. koalascout USA
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015 01:01:58 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015 11:29:29 AM »

My spot!  Is it October 1st yet??  Check out these adorable tags Ludi made!   Shocked

DAY 1
Ludi embroidered me the most perfect Jack O'Lantern!  I'm going to display it with the embroidered zombie she got me in a past OTT swap.  Both will displayed all year (!)

DAY 2
Ewww... Gross Ooze!  I think there's a hand in there.  Guess I need to open it to find out for sure.   Cheesy

DAY 3  
Hooray!  I am the proud recipient of one of Ludi's adorable pumpkins.  Lucky me!   Smiley

DAY 4
Today's treat is jar of the most realistic eyeballs I've ever seen!  

DAY 5
The most delicate, most awesome plant specimen!  Perfect for my curiosity cabinet, even though there's a magnet inside which will allow me to display it lots of different places!

DAY 6
Today's treasure is a perfect TM style patch that's the perfect size to be a coaster.  I'm not sure I'll be able to use it as a coaster, it will probably go into my curiosity cabinet, too.  

DAY 7
Just last night my husband and I were discussing locating a large-ish tote bag to take on vacation and look what I opened this morning!  It's the perfect size that we were looking for and she also sent luggage tags from Bat Conservation International.  So cool!

DAY 8
I'm including both tags in today's photo because I forgot to include day 7's in yesterday's photo.  I neeeed a Halloween tree to display all of my tags!  Today I received a TM style zombie patch and fun zombie card!  Love them!

DAY 9
Today's package features two amazing treats.  A really cool book on mummies that has lots of photos inside (along with a spider bookmark) and, you guys, a beaded hanging cat skull adorned with fish and snake vertebrae!  

DAY 10
Ludi graciously agreed to be part of a project I have going on which is an altered puzzle.  I sent her the piece and she sent me back this awesome altered art!  The piece is like 1/2 inch thick now with how the castle is built up.  It's not like anything else I've received and I LOVE it!

DAY 11
Yay!  Ludi sent me a jar market Body Parts that has body parts inside!  Included are a few of the ones she features on her website, which is uber cool!  

DAY 12
You guys... the stitching on this witch is amazing!  I had to take it outside in the sunlight to see if it truly was stitched (it of course is) because it's perfect.  One of my themes was a witch flying in front of the moon.  This is my first Halloween pillow ever.  Love it!

DAY 13
Did Ludi make me a zombie sheep to add to my collection?  You bet she did!  I can't wrap my brain around how it's made and I love it!  Thank you so much for everything, Ludi.  You're amazing!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 06:11:36 AM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015 12:11:02 PM »

The goodies!  Including extras; a keen Old Dark House poster, candy corn, and some hot pepper flakes from MissingWillow's farm!

Cute card:

Day 1:  A wonderful Halloween party scene!

Thank you MissingWillow!   Kiss

Day 2:

Day number is indicated on card by the number of bats!  Here is the perfect teacozy, snuggled around my teapot!

It just couldn't be any better.  Thank you MissingWillow!   Cheesy

Day 3:

Bunting!

Cheesy

Day 4:

Deliciously scented home made soaps using milk from MissingWillow's favorite goat, Hermione. (I have a cat named Hermione!  Cheesy)

Day 5:

Keen TV fridge magnets featuring motifs from "The X-files,""The Outer Limits,""Nosferatu," and "Dead of Night"!

I got a little behind yesterday, so here's

Day 6:

A beautiful tiny scene of a witch's workroom!

Day 7:

A spooooky scene!

I love these tiny scenes!   Cheesy

Day 8:

MissingWillow made these hilarious coasters from spooky fabric:

and this beautiful mug!

Day 9

OMG!  Gormenghast bunting!!!!!  

(sorry for the murky pic, the room is dark and flash looked even worse)

I'm so thrilled to get anything Gormenghast!  Cheesy  Thank you MissingWillow!   Kiss

Day 10

Today's wonder is this teeny tiny (approximately 2.5 inches tall) swordswallower shrine!

Day 11

These super kitchen towels!

They might get used in the Cabinet of Curiosities instead of the kitchen, though...

Day 12

A great little bit of Ernest Thesiger fan art, this tiny drive-in scene of my favorite movie "The Old Dark House"!

Day 13

These amazing, fantastic, omg-I-love-them spooky placemats!!!

Thank you so much for everything, MissingWillow!  This was such a fun swap.   Kiss
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 08:28:29 AM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
Glamis

Fighting for peace is like f**king for virginity

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015 03:19:31 AM »

Here is my whole loot:

Day 1:
a superpretty pin cushion for my collection of DIY fancy pin cushions

the back is pretty too!

Day 2:
two skull blocks that are quite heavy. I thing they are intended to be decoration but I think they make handy fabrics weight too. Plus some skull charms and a nice little skull bracelet.

Day 3:

A beautiful charm bracelet. In one of my favorite color combinations! The beads are all so interesting.

Day 4:

A beautiful bunting. In one of my favorite color combinations again! Love the writing on it.

Day 5:

A rad bat scarf (I desperately needed but couldnt find a nice one), bat jewelry and a wooden bat badge

close up of the jewelry

Day 6:

2 beautiful pieces of artwork . Did you make/paint these artsycandice? And if, how are they made? They are somehow applied to wooden blocks.

Day 7:

A wonderful, spooky lantern. When you turn on the electric light inside it looks like the graveyard is burning. Even the picky SO liked it!

plus a nifty carved bat pendant. It looks like some kind of gemstone...

Day 8:

A lovely painted coffin/pincushion with an anatomical heart magnet inside. I cant tell if it is DIY  Huh

Day 9:

A great, wooden figurine. I think it is supposed to be a cat but it also looks kind of like a lemur

Day 10:

An awesome skull towel and three equally awesome small, spooky trays. Bat brains!

Day 11:

A painting with a quote from Army of darkness and an Ash shadow. I now want to watch it again!

Day 12:

A supercool Halloween mantle miniature scene. So much details!

A cheese platter in the right corner

A crafty scene it the attic. You cant see it very good but there is a tiny oldschool sewing machine in the back

A tiny sphere tree and poisonous beads

And this really cracks me up: there is a sceleton hand on the mantel, wearing a diamond ring...I am getting hitched this Halloween so this is perfect!

Day 13:

On the last day I received a posh dressed puppet. She is wearing a gown and a fancy sash and jewlery. I named her Cecil and she is going to live with my Lady Gaga and Poison Ivy poppets.

look at her awesome fringe hair

Thank you artsycandice for an awesome and fun swap and lots of pretty and spooky things. I admire your crafty talent and maybe we are able to swap again in the future. My SO just looked at all the presents I received and said: She made a bunch of cool stuff, didnt she? There's nothing else to be said....

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015 10:13:46 AM by Glamis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
pinterest
draw me s.
Smeddley

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015 05:41:10 AM »

The whole kit and kaboodle, a whole MONTH before I can open it!!!

Such adorable tags! I'm going to have to up my wrapping game!

Luckily, she sent me an extra that I got to open right away, some lovely soft fabric that will be perfect for my red and black costume!

And now to wait... Sad

Day 13!

Yarn, you say? GLOW IN THE DARK yarn, you say? Cheesy I immediately thought... I need to make a knitted scarf with glowing eyeballs. NEED to. Cheesy

Day 12!

MY FAVORITE THING EVER!  Reusable shopping bags, in such cute Halloween fabric (these puppies will be used all year, though!).  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Day 11!

How perfect are these?  I'm thinking I'll be using them for the zombie walk this coming weekend, they look very Victorian, and I do love a costume with a ton of lace... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  The fit perfectly, as well (and my nails aren't well done, but they match!).

Day 10!

A travel sewing kit!  Smashu said the fabric looked like candy corn, and it does, but I was eating Doritos this morning (breakfast of champions!) and now all I can think of is "Nacho sewing kit, MINE!".  Cheesy  It's wonderfully made with needle pages, a zippered pouch, and lots of nooks and crannies to tuck bits into!  I'm amazed with anyone who can sew such things with that kind of precision!

Day 9!

A needlebook!  You can never have too many needlebooks, but this one is extra special...

Pockets! Seriously impressive sewing skills! It's going straight into my project bag... Well, one of my (many) project bags... Cheesy

Day 8!

Okay, admittedly I'm a little mixed-feeling about these, because I LOVE them, but really think I should wait until Shark Week next year!  How awesome with that be?!  All my friends know how crazy I am about it, and this would just be the icing on the cake... and go well with all my Shark Week buttons...  Cheesy

Day 7!

Okay, I thought it was my phone's fault, but I can't seem to post pictures to Craftster right now, it's hanging up on "Process Image".  We're going to see if I can remember how to get into my Photobucket account... wait, it's in my uploaded photos even though it is still "proccessing"?  Whatever, this has NOT been my day technologically!

MINI CANDLES!  The most adorable mini candles.  I looooooooove them and have grand plans for them!  First, I'm going to use them in a photshoot for my little peg people comic, THEN they're going in my curiosity cabinet!

Day 6!

Oh my goodness, I don't know what I love the most about this.  The skull is AMAZING, but that little jar... I love tiny jars.  The spindles she said might make good scrolls, but I also think they'd make amazing tapestry hangers.  So many choices!  Again, these will probably go for the photoshoot, then straight into my cabinet!

Day 5!

Ahhhhhh! How cool are these skull earrings?  And the necklace is the perfect length and soooooooo sparkly!  They will both be getting a lot of use in my costuming and Bellydance!

Day 4!

More... what do you call these? Gauntlets? Bellydance floofy wrists? Wink  I love them, whatever you call them. Having stuff on my wrists/hands always makes me more aware of them so I don't suffer from droopy hand syndrome. Cheesy  And the lace is beautiful!

Day 3!

I'm sure most of you are looking at this going... Whaaaa? And I wanted to get a picture of it in use, but yesterday at the RenFest was crazy and dusty and I ended up with a horrible allergy-induced migraine, so I never got a picture of it. But what it does is, the black part loops over your belt/hip scarf, and you pull a piece of fabric up near the bottom edge of your skirt (large circle skirts with ruffles or tiered 25 years skirts) and cinch it through the two metal rings (like some belts).  It securely hold the skirt without damaging it!  Brilliant!  This will get a TON of use, because I've never had luck just tucking my skirt into my waistband, and pinning them can cause damage...

Day 2!

ANOTHER BAG!!!!  I LOVE REUSABLE BAGS!!!  Sorry, I'll stop yelling now.  But I really, really, really love these bags.  Cheesy

Day 1!

An informational monster book, and a coloring book...

...but wait, there's more!  A movie list for each creature!  You know I'm going to have to watch movies until they're all checkmarked!  How fun will that be?!

Thank you so much for an amazing swap, smashu!  I'm only sorry it's over now, and wish I'd signed up for the Christmas one... Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 06:00:00 PM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bow and Sparrow
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015 11:02:34 AM »

This spot shall heretofore be known as thine.

Me and the Derps, with our presents from Thimbles under the Halloween tree.
Major swap anxiety is on my face, though you may not be able to tell. All of thimble's tags are the most fantastic fabric ornaments/patches with vintage monster movies and bottle labels. They are so cool!

Day 1
AHHH, I had this seahorse skeleton pinned and never expected to actually receive it. So generous and sweet. And that would have been enough, but she also made a wonderfully apt (it has skeletons on it) zipper pouch as well that will come in so handy. So fun, AND IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.

Day 2
Velcro snack pouches! So handy! And I love the fabric. They also came preloaded with treats!
D

Day 3
This is so SO me. What an adorably scary wonderful little creature! I don't know if it's supposed to be, but in my mind it's a sloth. I'm not sure if the picture gets it across, but he's big too. I am in love with this guy!

Day 4
These guys give me the giggles. These are hilarious and will make the most wonderful, unexpected Halloween decorations. I'm looking for places to stake zombie heads all over my house now, I may need more. So well crafted!

Day 5
I know how many fellow Nightmare Before Christmas fans there are here, so prepare to be jealous! ... A knitted Jack mug cozy!! All the mornings are about to get so much better.

Day 6
A really clever and beautiful pillow cover. I'm really lacking in these types of Halloween decorations, so this is perfect!

Day 7
A *fabulous* mug rug AND coasters? Yup. I love crows so this brought a big smile to my face. These will def be used all year round. The coasters are day of the dead styled, which I also love. Have all these out already!

Day 8
Holy. Wow. A beautiful heart wall hanging. Everything so far has been amazing, but this just blows me away. Really incredible artistry and stitching. I love love LOVE it!!  (swap anxiety setting in strong here)

Day 9
2 zipper pouches in the most fun fabrics. (These are already coming in handy). One was filled with washi tape (which I might be slightly inappropriately obsessed with) and the coolest painted day of the dead dog. Thimbles stalked me well. So many wonderful treats!

Day 10
AHHHHH! OMG!! This is tied with the heart wall hanging for my favorites so far. There may or may not have been squeeling only dogs can hear upon opening this. My very own splat cat mat. I have been pining over this forever, but I can't make it myself. Love. It!!!

Day 11
Placemats! My goodness, these took so much work. Love the fabrics and really love the spider silhouettes, they look great on my dining room table.

Day 12
I must have misordered something, I'm not sure if these go together, but I had more gifts than days left! So, here are the next two. An array of (crocheted? knitted? I don't know how to tell the difference) anatomical body parts! Excellent additions to my collection for my curiosity cabinet. They are all great, but the heart is my fav. I don't even know how you get all those wacky parts on there. I need to learn to do this.

NEXT, two fantastic pot holders! they are almost too pretty to use, I don't want to get them dirty!

Day 13
An epic voodoo doll that can be used as a pincushion, how fun is this guy?! I just love odd little creatures. These yarn skills never cease to amaze me. He is perfect, I love it!!

I feel sooooooo spoiled, there wasn't a small in the whole lot. This swap was a blast. I love everything so much and am so grateful to you, Thimbles, for all these beautifully crafted items. I can tell how much thought and work went into it all and it is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 10:46:46 AM by Bow and Sparrow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015 11:49:33 AM »

Spooky things from quaggy henceforth shall be here!

D'oh! I'm a dork. I totally forgot to share a pic of my boxes of goodies!!

In an attempt to give you scale, this is my COUCH!!!

Here is a sneak at some of the SO PRETTY wrapped gifts! I haven't taken them out because my cat will very likely eat the wrapping paper. She's done it with Christmas presents before so...I'm trying to help her avoid temptation by just not giving her the option! Grin

Sept 30th
I took them all out of the boxes (except for the one box which is it's own day) and stacked them up. Look at them all!!

October 1st

Two awesome pillows!! The bats are flying past full moons. And the back has more bat fabric. They're so perfect!! Grin

October 2nd

A spooky book to read with two handmade Halloween themed bookmarks! Grin Perfect timing too! I just finished my book and need something to read. Cheesy

October 3rd
sorry, I wasn't home Saturday to post

A Mr & Mrs bat magnet set and an embellished bat kitchen towel! I love bats and the fabric on the towel is so cool!

October 4th

Inside is an awesome tote bag and a BUNCH of goodies!

The tote, ghost hand soap, ceramic owl, ceramic owl toothpick holder, tic tacs (orange!), mellowcreme pumpkins and two "perler" bead kits in pumpkin and witch.

Here's the back of the tote! Such awesome fabric!!! Grin

October 5th

Inside the box was a cool, patchwork mug rug, pumpkin almonds, and Halloween paper straws...and a wrapped item.

...and it's a cute pumpkin mug!! Grin

I also forgot that inside one of the boxes was four bags of popcorn:

There are only three here because one bag has gone mysteriously "missing."  Wink Cheesy

October 6th

Oh it's so cute! It's a memory tray full of fun Halloween details. It might be hard to tell in the pic, but it's big; about 12x12. Super cute!! Grin

October 7th

It's an adorable owl wall quilt! It's so nicely done. And it's hard to judge the size here but I'd say it's about 2.5 feet long by about 2 feet wide. A really nice size. The owls are outlined in stitch too but you can't really tell in the pic. So cute!

October 8th

quaggy hand painted this glass block with the cutest scene!! And she included a light kit so you can light it up!

OMG it's adorable! Such a great job on the painting too!!

I had a show this weekend so I'm behind in posting!!

October 9th

Wow it's a CERAMIC pumpkin with ghost! quaggy handpainted the whole thing too!

And it even lights up! She included the light kit for it. Even my husband who is notoriously "not impressed" by a lot of things looked over when I was opening it and said, "wow, that's cute" which is a massive ringing endorsement from him! Grin

October 10th
This day was it's own HUGE box. Here it is taking up part of my couch. Wink

It's a totally neat, nontraditional wreath. Instead of being round, it's a frame!

And it totally lights up!! quaggy must be psychic because I LOVE things that light up and she's sent several now! Grin It's so neat with the bow and bats and lights. I love it! And again, my husband was like, "you should put that on the door" which is two thumbs up from him! Grin

October 11th

Oh it's so cute! It's a hand embellished sign. But holy crap you might not be able to see but each one of those little accents is STITCHED ON. WOAH. That is a LOT of work. I would have glued it and that would have been a ton of work but they're all stitched!!

So cool!! And sparkly! Grin

October 12th

(Have I mentioned how nice the wrapping was on all these packages? Man, I felt like a slacker compared to quaggy on them!!)

TWO huge bunting banners! They read "HAPPY" and "HALLOWEEN" I had to string them across my couch to try and get them all all! Grin

It's the cutest fabric too!! I just need to figure out where to hang them. I think it's longer than my living room wall! Grin

October 13th

This is it...final day. I'm so sad. It's been such an amazing swap!

Holy...! Shocked Shocked Grin Grin WOW. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this quilt is. I was speechless when I opened it. To say it's amazing is like the most understated comment ever. It's just...breathtaking. quaggy...it's too much!

The details...the kitty, the leaves, the pumpkin...I'm just in awe. This is beyond beautiful.

The back is a pretty autumn-y paisley with gold in it. So nice.

This pretty much made me cry. I can't believe the time and effort you put into this! I just don't even know what to say or how to express how amazing it is. It's just so much. And it's so beautiful.

Thank you for being an absolutely amazing partner! This has been such a wonderful experience for me and I hope you've enjoyed it too. (Although I think I owe you a FOREST full of trees for the amazing quilt!)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 10:52:30 AM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015 01:50:05 PM »

I received my package from Smeddley! What a fun wrapping job Smiley All the labels have haikus and are little folded up origami envelopes with notes inside! I can't wait for the first Cheesy

DAY 13 ~
A jingling box
Will give away the contents
so open it first

They are perfect!!!! Adorable bells with jack-o'-lantern faces in them in my colors!

DAY 12 ~
Rough, and yet so sharp
three items opened day two
conundrums abound

Fabulous hand made buttons in the theme of my favorite Halloween/Christmas movie, Nightmare Before Christmas!

DAY 11 ~
Now, flat and floppy
but with so much potential...
...when in the right hands

Nightmare Before Christmas fabric!! And a whole bunch of it! I've never even seen NBC fabric in person, this is fab! I need to think of something super cool to make out of it Smiley

DAY 10 ~
In the distant night,
through the blackness and silence
a woof in the wind

This is freaking AMAZING!! A crocheted Zero ornament from Nightmare Before Christmas! I have been carrying him around my place with me all day hahah. I love him!! <3

DAY 9 ~
When your Halloween
fingers until Christmas time -
a case of boo balls

Adorable ghost ornaments! I didn't even knew things like these existed, they are awesome! So many new decorations Cheesy

DAY 8 ~
There's not much to say
Some cutting and some painting
on a store-bought thing

An amazing Jack Skellington t-shirt! I don't know why you were so hard on yourself Smeddley, this turned out great!! I already had someone want to sneak it away and keep it for themselves Cheesy hahah I would have thought it was silk-screened, it is so crisp! And the white is soo hard to put over black. You did an awesome job and you also picked the most lovely soft shirt ever! It's perfect Smiley

DAY 7 ~
Sew much potential
but pinning down the right one...
seams to be quite tough

The most beautiful NBC fabric! I don't even want to cut it to make something out of it, it's that pretty! Smiley I've never seen any NBC fabric in person before, I feel so spoiled  Cheesy

DAY 6 ~
Walnuts or almonds,
cashews, chestnuts or pecans
crack skeletally

Such an awesome present! A skeleton nutcracker!!!

I'm going on vacation and had to open the rest of my presents early (I know, life is so hard!). I can't believe what Smeddley made for me! I feel like the most special girl getting all these amazing presents, thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Cheesy
DAY 5 ~
Shiny evil lurks
constrained by glass and by glue
may it never leak

Awesome NBC ornaments filled with mysterious potions!!

DAY 4 ~
I felt a presence
chilly and ethereal
and yet strangely cute

Felt ghostie ornaments, and they are so small and cute! I can't imagine how hard it would have been to scale them down so small Smiley

DAY 3 ~
Nuances captured
the great artist managed to
peg the characters

Perfectly painted peg people ornaments!

DAY 2 ~
In the belfry arch
lanterns hung by Paul Revere
while many eyes watched

An adorable felt bat ornament!!

DAY 1 ~
The same stitch again
only the color changes
so repetitious

This is so far beyond what I could have ever imagined! AND NOT A SMALL!! haha
Smeddley crocheted me a flipping Sally patchwork blanket!!!! I LOVE IT!! <3 THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015 09:05:11 AM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015 03:23:59 PM »

My boxes arrived, all three of them! See the three presents in the front? Glamis sent things for my kids too!! Talk about swap anxiety!

Pictured here with my three-year old, Lily.

Day 1
A countdown to Halloween calendar! Why didn't I think of this? What a great idea to start a gift extravaganza like this. Grin I love all of the little details. She even included the chalk and wipe and started the countdown for me...

Day 2
A trio of luminaries. These look handmade too, they spell out the word "boo", are trimmed and painted in festive gear. The little lights inside are electric.

Day 3
Oh my goodness! Look at this amazing little cross stitch! It is whimsical and precious and will hang on my hoopla wall year-round. Grin

Day 4
Look at this amazing vinyl crow key ring! OMG! I love this! I will probably hang it in my work space though so it doesn't get damaged out there in the world. Grin

Day 5
Today I received a wonderfully embroidered pumpkin pin. The detail is so amazing. My partner is blowing me away. She really did some wonderful stalking. Thank you!

Day 6
I have to head out early tomorrow, so I will post this tonight. Grin This is an adorable garland of little paper ghosts! There was a note with them that said they were painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, but that it did not work very well. Grin That's okay with me, they are super cute and my family will enjoy them, glowing or not.

Day 7
Brace yourself for this awesomeness... Look at this miniature scene! Isn't it fabulous?! There were some bits that had wiggled loose so I glued those down. But... here it is... There is teeny writing on the paper, little eyeballs, rolled scrolls, bits of feathers, all kinds of little mysterious things. I keep finding new things. Thank you!

Day 8
Today I received this reversible table runner. I love the skeleton material on the front. The purple trim is a nice touch too. My table is currently covered in the kid's things so this image will have to suffice. Grin

Day 9
Today I received some great coasters and some bird-shaped paperclips.

Day 10
Look at this adorable little amigurumi ghost! My daughter fell in love with it.

Day 11
*gasp!* OMG!! Look, look, look!!! I can't believe this. This is hand-painted and fabulous! I don't know if I will be able to bring myself to write in this journal. This is really wonderful.

Day 12
I am blown away. Check out this amazing feathered owl mask! The action shot was of me last night, the light was bad so I re-took the today. This time with Lily as the model. This is awesome.

Day 13
Wow! I am not worthy. My partner clearly spoiled me. This is my first poppet to receive. (I hope that she has opened today already, because that is the first poppet that I've ever made.) Hers is so amazing. I see how mine could be improved on. She clearly stalked me well. Anyone who knows me knows that if it's got boobs and a bird head, I'm good. Grin But really, this is quite fabulous and will sit in a place of honor with other art dolls and sculptures that I keep out of reach of my children.

Glamis clearly spoiled me. I think that she crafted for every day. I am floored, and humbled. There are direct inspirations from my Pinterest boards, inspirations from my interests, and clever takes on other things that tickle me. I hope that you like what I made/sent you in the end. I have never done a multiple item swap of this size and it was an interesting challenge, for sure. Thank you again. You are an amazing swap partner. I hope that our paths cross again down the road and I can blow you away then. Oh yeah, congrats on gettin' hitched soon! Grin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 08:06:49 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015 04:47:35 PM »

Eeekkkkk!!!!! Excitement has set in!  BF asked me well aren't you going to open them.  Then I had to explain the madness to him about this swap.

DAY 1

OMG just look at my 1st gift!  PFD stalked me well and even went in search of the original artist for this necklace.....talk about dedication to pleasing her partner (me).  She added the crystals and included a pair of earrings to match!

DAY 2

A collectible resin napkin holder. I collect these and have about 25 of them....owls are always a plus.....these are getting harder to find and way more expensive than a few years back.  I also received 2  towels and some fun napkins to use in my napkin holder

Day 3

Big squeal here.....I love Frankenstein so much and PDF sent me this awesome Frankie shirt.  The white stitching is hand sewn and just makes this t-shirt perfect.  I sported him around today while running errands.

Stickers from Day 3 and the cute bag that my frog/candy corn necklace and earrings came in.

I also finally got my tree put up.

DAY 4

A pumpkin that PDF decoupaged with pages from a vintage Poe book.....she then added the ribbon and fall dcor...this is amazing and so me....It is staying out through Thanksgiving!

Having issues with pictures tipping over.  They appear right when I upload but somehow keep falling on their side

DAY 5

I have had these on my pinterest forever and was so pleased when I opened up my package today.  PDF used a vintage dolly for one.  I love the fabrics she chose.  One for now is decorating my ceramic owl that my Halloween tree is sitting on.

DAY 6

Oh so cute candy corn........Love these and I am gonna use them in 2 separate places...look how neat the yarn is and perfect application!  I do not think I would have the patience or the ability to get these to come out looking store bought.  Mine would appeared to be a gluey mess......

DAY 7

Winner!!!!  It's me....I love Frankie and I have my very own super cool Altered Book Box!  Love the Frankie image and so well made just look at the inside, the page edges and the binding......Inside was also a super cute Frankie suncatcher.....eek, he is holding a spider!

I wish I could figure out why my pictures keep laying on there side.....

DAY 8

I was super spoiled today......bummed that I left for work this morning forgetting to open my gift......when I finally was able to open I found not 1, not 2 but 3 fabulous necklaces.....and yes one is a piece that had made PDF famous on craftster.

2 tile necklaces and PDF made the clasps as well.....gotta love her skills

A spooky Halloween scene

Christine from Stephen King a favorite author of mine

and drum roll please!!!!!!!

A Halloween Moon pendant.......I love all three......just look at her artistic skills!!!!!!!!!

Lucky me!!!!!

DAY 9

I love this cute ceramic pumpkin house.  PDF was stalking me pretty good as she saw my love for fairy doors and this pumpkin house has one.  She also knew of my love for frogs and the cute little fellow on top makes it perfect.  This is headed to work with me to adorn my desk.

Day 10

I knew PDF has some mad jewelry skills but just look at this Frankenstein head that she painted.  He is so cool and she did a super job....he looks so real!  Can you believe he made from Styrofoam...this blows my mind!

DAY 11

Loving this wreath!  Just look at all the spooky detail!  So bright and fun!!!!

When I opened the box inside I found my last 2 gifts!!!!!!!

Pictures look better on your phone at least they post right side up...  Wish I could figure out way they are sideways this is driving me crazy!!!

DAY 12

Super excited about todays gift.....PDF shared that she had ordered something that was broken when it arrived.....She managed to use it to make this terrific piece of wall art, then went in search of finding another one to send to me in the swap.  I LOVE THIS.  I also added a few photos to show how well it fits my decor and my napkin holder collection

I have had a amazing partner.....it is as if you got into my head and saw my house through my eyes!!!  Knew exactly what I needed and where to put it!

Day 13

What a wonderful ending to such a fun swap!  My gift today was a beautiful tapestry Halloween pillow!  Loving the pumpkins and crows,,,there you go again PDF was lurking my home to see what I needed.  Although the swap is over I will treasure my gifts for years to come!

PDF also sent me some fabric.....this is awesome.....it amazes me that I have never seen this print before and Frankie is so freaking cute.... just look at all the cute characters.....hmmm....this will actually be sewn up into something special for me!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015 04:32:44 PM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...