A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,258
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft My Playlist Swap (Sign ups to 9/1/14, send by 10/1/15)  (Read 10526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

RovingAnarchist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2015 11:45:17 AM »

Time to celebrate the bands, musicians and songs that made a difference in our lives! This is a 3 point swap based on songs and lyrics- guaranteed to be fun! You might even discover a great band you've never heard of on your partner's list!

Swap name: Craft My Playlist

SIGNUPS: 8/19/15-9/01/15
MAIL BY: 10/01/15

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: RovingAnarchist

Limited to a certain number of people? no.

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

Craft My Playlist is a chance to craft based on your partner's favourite songs! We'll be making 3 points worth of musical goodness, which might be:

3 small items,
1 small and 1 medium item,
or
1 large item

Details on what constitutes the different sizes can be found here:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg3712343#msg3712343

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

Craft My Playlist QUESTIONNAIRE:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address, including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES/NO
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

Please list at LEAST five bands or songs for your partner (Youtube links are love!):

If you have a story about why you chose any of these songs that you want to share with your partner, please tell it here.

If you chose any songs that are not in English, please provide a translation of the lyrics.

Extra fandom stuff, if applicable:
Are you a fan of any particular band member or pairing?
Is there background information about the band or artist you want your partner to know?
Do fans of the band or artist have a nickname for themselves, ie. Deadheads, Juggalos, Parrotheads?
Does the band have a mascot?
Does/Did the band have merch or slogans that mean something special to you?

Do you have allergies (if yes, what are they?)
Do you have any allergens in your home? What are they?
What kind of crafts would you like to receive?
Do you want useful or decorative items?
Any special wishes? (no guarantees)
Anything you really DON'T want to receive? (i.e. animal products, religious, adult", items you already have)

What is your...
(answer only those you are interested in receiving)
shirt/tee size?
head measurement?
hand measurement (wrist to tip of mid finger)?
foot measurement? (shoe size & measurement in inches)
hip measurement? (where you would wear a belt)
preferred bracelet length?
preferred necklace length?
preferred bag/tote/purse size? (small, medium, large)

Are your ears pierced?

Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

DISLIKES
Colors:
Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

Places you can be stalked (Pinterest, blog, etc.):
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Confirmed Swappers
Belladune -sent & received!  / crafty_cool- sent and received! !
emilywilde- sent & partner received! / roler- sent & partner has received!  

RovingAnarchist
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015 02:50:12 PM by RovingAnarchist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
roler
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015 08:29:59 PM »

Yay!  Sent in my questionnaire!! 

It got... long. ;P  I added a ton of links and background info about my artists since all the ones I really really love are Japanese, and I figured they probably wouldn't be very well known outside of Japan.  It'd be great if they got a new fan or two through this though! Smiley

Looking forward to partners and perhaps discovering some new music from them too! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
crafty_cool
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015 09:05:49 PM »

yay!  Smiley, I sent in my questionnaire

my playlist has a bunch of different genres
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015 09:45:18 PM »

I'm very interested in this swap. There's a lot of bands that mean a lot to me. I mean, one of the most profound moments of my life happened at an Our Lady Peace concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBu_NpyMxk

This is a song called Paper Moon. It's about realising you're selling out, becoming someone you don't want to be because that's what society wants of you, and asking your loved ones if they'd help you re-find yourself. The third time I saw them in concert it was an encore song, so it was 1600 people all singing it together and swaying. It made me cry. It was like a group vow to be a better person. I'm not super into hoopla, I don't have a lot of wall space, but I have one that has a lyric from this song, and I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
RovingAnarchist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015 07:22:41 AM »

gala_apples, I feel you! I've had some of the most cathartic experiences of my life at concerts. A friend took me to see Sublime as a break from an extremely stressful family situation. The show was two hours from home, and they drove. We got separated at the concert, and I was completely lost. It was a little thing, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. There I was, in the middle of a crowd of 10,000 happy people, bawling my eyes out over everything that was wrong in my life. A total stranger came up and wrapped her arms around me like it was a perfectly normal thing to do. She didn't say anything; she just hugged me and petted my hair until I stopped crying. Then she nodded and walked away.

I've never forgotten her kindness. (If you were wondering, I did eventually find my friend and got home all right.)

That, my friends, is the power of music to bring people together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
roler
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015 08:43:10 AM »

I love hearing these stories about experiences at concerts.  I think it's not an exaggeration to say that concerts are some of the most important things in my life.  I go to about 2 to 4 a month, and prioritize them above just about any other non-essentials, like furniture. ;P  I cannot count the number of times I've cried at a concert, or just gotten totally absorbed and overwhelmed by the music and atmosphere.  I've also met some of my absolute best friends at concerts or through band fandoms.  I'm so excited for this swap because I'd love to have some more stuff to show how much these groups mean to me!

By the way, just sharing here the three main groups I put on my questionnaire: WEAVER, jealkb, and KanJani8.  They're all very different styles, and levels of popularity, but they're all also very close to my heart. XD
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015 10:26:47 AM by roler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

RovingAnarchist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015 09:12:40 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I met one of my best friends via our shared love of bandfic, which is to say we had a meeting of dirty minds over doing terrible things to rock stars.  Grin (I really hope those musicians never read any of it!)

Everyone else i know, I met at a concert, or made friends with because one of us was wearing a band shirt worth commenting on.

When I meet someone who says they don't like music, it short circuits my brain. I seriously don't know how to relate to them at all. It's the only thing I have that reaction to- anything else I love that they don't care for, well, whatever. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE MUSIC?!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015 07:09:23 AM »

Gala Apples, Paper Moon is one of my favourite OLP songs. OLP has been a big part of my life.... Love that band (and I might want to steal Raine Maida away from Chantel... but that might upset my husband.... lol)

I'm going to have to really think on this. it's a short craft period! I know, 3 weeks, but still short to me! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015 07:59:24 AM »

RovingAnarchist - Any chance you can extend the sendout day for another week or so?  It might make it easier for more than just Belladune to join; I've heard that a lot of people like to have a whole month to craft. Smiley  It'd help me too, to be honest. ;P

Listening to Paper Moon right now; it's very pretty and I see why you like the lyrics!  It's funny; when you first mentioned it, I thought of the much older jazz classic Paper Moon, even though it was clear from your explanation of the words that you weren't talking about the same song.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RovingAnarchist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015 09:38:23 AM »

I'm happy to do whatever y'all want. If the group thinks more time is better, then let's do it. I've asked for advice about editing due dates and so on. (I'm clueless- this is my first time organizing!) As soon as I figure it out, I'll move the send out date.

Shall we go whole hog and move it to October 1?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...