A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Writing boards  (Read 2445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

AugustBell

My Patronus is Grumpy Cat

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 15, 2015 05:46:44 PM »

Is there any interest in boards for writing? Creative fiction or nonfiction, poems, anything you love to write. I posted the idea on a Friends of Craftster board and there was interest and another idea tossed out.

Ways the writing boards could be utilized:

Writing Craftalong: The person who begins the thread starts the story and then the next poster continues the story, and so on.
Writing Prompts: Provide a prompt and give posters the opportunity to craft the story however they wish! I think this would be so much fun to see how different people run with the idea.
Poem Challenges: Write using certain poetic guidelines.
Short Story Challenges
Threads specifically for kids of Craftsters to share their stories.
Genre fun! Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Romance, Horror, whatever tickles your fancy!
Fan Fiction!

I think we could have a TON of fun with these writing boards! Also, generate more traffic for the site as we can cater to a different type of visitor. Please post below if you would be interested in Craftster writing boards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015 06:24:53 PM »

I would be interested in Craftster Writing Boards.  I personally find writing extremely difficult, even painful, but find myself needing to write bits of biographical non-fiction from time to time.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015 07:57:57 PM »

What a wonderful idea! I'm with Ludi, I find writing difficult, but probably for a different reason. I abuse Thesaurus.com. And commas. And I begin sentences with conjunctions. I make grammar obsessive people angry. When do we start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015 03:05:24 AM »

I love this idea, though I am also afraid that I would end up looking, drooling and having no time to actually take part. I could use it though, my English is getting rusty. I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this!

Brings back memories, actually... We used to do this all the time on the old Dutch HP forum. Aaah, those were the days. I was only 16, but I made friends for life there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
AugustBell

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015 01:47:44 PM »

What a wonderful idea! I'm with Ludi, I find writing difficult, but probably for a different reason. I abuse Thesaurus.com. And commas. And I begin sentences with conjunctions. I make grammar obsessive people angry. When do we start?

Pfffft....grammar shrammar! One of my favorite pastimes is to end a sentence with a preposition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015 02:11:34 PM »

And a NaNoWriMo along!  Cheesy  I looooooove writing and used to do it all the time, but it's slipped to third place in my hobbies behind crafting and reading.  I still try to do a haiku or limerick a day, and the occasional drabble, but haven't written a story in... gosh, since the last time I did NaNo a few years ago!

I've also been looking for a new writing bingo community since the one that really inspired me to stretch my writing comfort zone seems to be on permanent hiatus.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan

I work for Cats.

Birdie, you are loved.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015 06:19:43 PM »

Oh I am so in

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.      Gandhi
suzeqz

Easily distracted by shiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015 01:26:07 AM »

Count me in!  I write fiction, music (poetry with accompaniment?) and fanfic to keep myself amused, and have been part of an online RPG or two.  I also write technical manuals and SOPs for work, should anyone get the bizarre urge to read up on displacement pumps.

I'm a grammar and punctuation freak, but if you know the rules, you can break the rules.  With impunity.

I also eat Roget's for breakfast.  If MSWord had no thesaurus, my life would have no meaning.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/suzeqz
Frugal Holiday 3 swap - first swap completed!
RovingAnarchist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015 07:39:27 AM »

Count me in!  I write fiction, music (poetry with accompaniment?) and fanfic to keep myself amused, and have been part of an online RPG or two.  I also write technical manuals and SOPs for work, should anyone get the bizarre urge to read up on displacement pumps.

I'm a grammar and punctuation freak, but if you know the rules, you can break the rules.  With impunity.

I also eat Roget's for breakfast.  If MSWord had no thesaurus, my life would have no meaning.

I write fanfic and short stories too! At work, I put together the curriculum assessment criteria for British vocational standards. I recently finished writing a technical manual about writing technical manuals. suzeqz may be the only person here that knows what a joy that was!  Tongue

A Craftster RPG would be hilarious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015 05:23:31 AM »

sounds fun to me. i write short stories, and i have 2 blogs that no one ever comments on even though it does get viewed. i would appreiate the feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
AugustBell

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015 06:59:38 AM »

Is there any further interest in this? I think this would be a great creative outlet and source of entertainment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...