A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 318,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Yet Another TM Patch Swap Round 1 (July 29- August 29, 2015)  (Read 4245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 29, 2015 01:41:33 PM »

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING THE SWAP.

DISCUSSION THREAD
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439961.0

GALLERY
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=440254.0

SWAP INFO
Swap name:  Ongoing Yet Another Teesha Moore Patch Swap Round 1
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: craftADDchick and Watsonc7
Sign-up date range: July 29, 2015 - August 29, 2015 The date for the end of signups has been updated.
Date to send item by: 14 days from the day you claim (this starts on the day you claim NOT the next day!)
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO (if you do not wish to send out of the country, please check the country before making a claim)
Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

DETAILS OF SWAP:
This is an ongoing version of the Yet Another TM Patch Swap. For this round, you are limited to 1 open claim at a time, but once your partner has received, you may make another claim. The last person who makes a claim in this round will be the first person to post a list in the next round. See additional details below:
Claims:
-You can not make a claim until you have been approved for the swap.
-You can only make a claim from the last list that has been posted.
- For the first round, you are limited to 1 open claim at a time (an open claim is one that has not been received)
- Each claim is for 2 patches
-You must PM the organizers when you have made a claim
- You will have 14 days from the date of your claim to send your patches (this starts on the day you make your claim)
- You must send the tracking # and/or customs numbers to organizers when sending.
- Once your partner has received, you may make an additional claim

Communication:
Communication is the key to the success of this swap! Please do the following with all PMs:
1. Include craftADDchick and Watsonc7 in all PMs
2. Use the appropriate subject line in your PMs:
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Approval
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Claim Made
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Sent
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Received
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Question

Additional Information:
There are lots of inspirational patches from previous swaps, so check out some of the galleries here:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439296.0 (Yet Another TM Patch Swap R5!)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437989.0 (Yet Another TM Patch Swap R4!)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=436180.0 (Yet Another TM Patch Swap R3!)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434712.0#axzz37wXpySPV (Yet Another TM Patch Swap R2!)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432695.#axzz2yLfpYtaO (Yet Another TM Patch Swap!)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=407645.0#axzz2UxtFzswN

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402089.0#axzz2UxtFzswN

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426480.0#axzz2bcdxNvuF

IF your are new to making patches, here are some links to Teesha Moore's own video tutorials showing you her techniques. You won't want to miss these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cm4RoEsgl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt49UgGzy6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=246iSNnS8So
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njd3J7ttslQ

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer for approval (please use the appropriate heading in the subject line: Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Approval)

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Yet Another TM Patch Swap Round 1
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (please put it in the proper format for mailing to your country):
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least 2 patches per claim? (If not then you will not be approved )
This next section is what you will also post on the thread, after you have been approved
Country (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country):
List at least four themes to inspire your partner: (Some themes from previous swaps were the beach, peace and love, buttons, rainbows, DOTD, trees and nature, literature, stripes and polkadots, craftster's choice.)
List peferred size range, if you have one:
Preferred colors, if any:
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches?
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

HOW THIS SWAP WORKS:

CLAIMING
1. Claims are made using the following procedure:

Person A (the swap organizer) will begin the swap by posting a list of themes in this swap thread.
Person B will choose a theme from one of A's themes and make a claim by posting his/her own list (see below for formatting of post).
Person C will make a claim on one of B's themes and post his/her own list.
Person D will make a claim on one of C's themes and post his/her own list etc...

This continues through the end of the swap period, when the swap organizer closes out the claiming part of the swap and continues this swap in the next round starting in the next month.

2. How to make a claim:
A claim post should include the following information:
1. The theme you are choosing and who youre sending it to.
2. The send by date (two weeks from the date the claim is made)
3. The following information from your questionnaire:
   A. Country
   B. Themes
   C. Preferred size (if any)
   D. Preferred colors (if any)
   E. Themes, colors, shapes you do or do not wish to receive
   F. Link(s) to Pinterest, Wist, or websites that your partner can use for inspiration

ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM
1. Send a personal message to the person you have claimed and request their address
2. Send a PM to the organizers to let them know you have made a claim using the appropriate heading in the subject line: Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Claim Made
3. You have 14 days to complete each claim and have it in the mail to its new owner. You cannot make a new claim until your partner receives.

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED PATCHES

1. Please PM the organizers and claimer/claimee when you send or receive your patches.
2.  Please use the appropriate heading in the subject line:
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Sent
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R1- Received
3.  Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

FEEDBACK
Positive feedback will be given at the end of the round when all of the patches you sent have been received.   Good communication is vital and will be noted in feedback.

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers.  

This thread is for claims only! Please use the discussion thread for questions and comments, or the gallery thread for posting photos of patches.

Participants:
1. craftADDchick
2. meowari
3. roler
4. lindyv321
5. crazyda79
6. MommyTheMaid
7. Sharalee
8. Inselaeffchen
9. calluna
10. GoldenSunshine
11. goatgoddess
12. Alatarial
13. RovingAnarchist
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015 07:42:33 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015 01:44:47 PM »

Country (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country): USA
List at least four themes to inspire your partner:
I am planning to make a wall hanging to put in my science classroom, so I would love it if the patches could be science-themed! These are the topics I currently teach (I've deleted the topics I already have patches for- and all of my science patches are posted on my Pinterest board Smiley ) :
1. Earth science (earthquakes,  plate tectonics, dinosaurs, moon phases, seasons, eclipses, tides)
2. Space science (objects in the solar system or galaxy. the universe, etc.- I already have a constellation patch and a planet patch)
3. Engineering (Bridges, Robotics, Computer Aided Design, etc.)
4. Life Science (human body {but they need to be 6th grade classroom appropriate... so probably no reproductive organs}, ecosystems, photosynthesis)
5. Physical Science (forces & motion {Newton's Laws of Motion},  density, heat transfer- conduction, convection, radiation, chemical reactions, light, sound)
6. Famous scientists (or quotes by famous scientists- I have a Carl Sagan, a Thomas Edison, and an Einstein patch)
List peferred size range, if you have one:  No bigger than 4" X 6" but smaller is okay!
Preferred colors, if any: No preference
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? Nothing violent, religious, or sexual in nature (it's for my 6th grade classroom)
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? I'd prefer square/rectangle shapes
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? I created a board on Pinterest for the science-themed patches I have so far. I'm trying to avoid duplicates for themes/topics (but there's only a few right now, so it's pretty wide open Smiley ).  Link: http://www.pinterest.com/msgouldams/science-themed-tm-patches/

Note: I've been claimed once already by meowari, so you might want to check in with her to see what she's making so you don't do the same thing Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015 03:22:39 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015 05:14:09 PM »

Hello! I'm meowari and I'm claiming craftADDchick for the themes of Earth Science and Life Science

I will be sending out by 13 Aug, 2015

I am still looking for patches for my sewing machine cover, here are some (okay, a lot) of the themes I like, although I don't mind if you make something else!
*Thistles     *Cats     *Pigeons     *Edward Gorey     *Pansies     *Faux Bois
*Spider Web (with or without captured bugs)     *Tattoos     *Day of the Dead
*Strawberries     *Steampunk     *Jane Austen     *Sewing
*? Maybe something I missed that's on one of my Pinterest boards?

List peferred size range, if you have one:  No preference

Preferred colors, if any: Bright and Bold!

Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?:
No pastels or pastelly neutrals. Nothing religious, please.

Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches?: Sure, why not?

Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration?: https://www.pinterest.com/meowari/

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015 05:22:17 PM by meowari » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015 07:09:11 AM »

Lindyv321 claiming meowari for strawberries and either cats or DOTD due 8/14

Hi Im Lindy and I am in the U.S., Arizona to be exact! I am trying to collect patches to make a cover for my embroidery machine. Its about 2-3 times the size of a regular sewing machine so I will need a lot of them!I would prefer square or rectangle patches please. My favorite colors are aqua/turquoise, mint, coral, pink, gray, black, silver, and jewel tones. I am not a huge fan of yellow or orange as main colors. I have no allergies.

Themes I would like:
Doctor Who
Harry Potter
Day of the Dead
Disney: Alice in Wonderland, Ursula, Ariel, The Haunted Mansion, Belle, Disneyland/land or ride themes, Dole Whips, Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie, Pooh & Friends, & Tinkerbelle.
Nature/Animals
Guardians of the Galaxy
The letter L

I also have a Pinterest board with patches I like the link is in my signature

And here are some photos of the patches I already have:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015 11:27:14 AM »

crazyda79 claiming lindyv321 for Disney and Guardians of the Galaxy.  Due 8/14

I am Brenda from Southern California.  I have been collecting these but have yet to determine what I am going to do with them, so I will just keep collecting them until I figure it out Wink

- butterflies
-pregnancy and infant loss awareness
-constellations
-Quentin Tarantino movies
- narwhals
-beach/flip flops
- gerbera daisies/dandelions/daffodils

List peferred size range, if you have one: any
Preferred colors, if any: any
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? nope
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? just square or rectangle please
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? www.pinterest.com/crazyda79

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015 04:14:02 PM »

MommytheMaid claiming crazyda79 for Butterflies and daisies/dandelions.  Due 8/15

My name is Lissa and I live in the beautiful state of Colorado.  I am collecting patches for some fun projects and love that my Craftster buddies are included.  

Themes:

Baby animals in bright or soft baby colors (for my daughter's scrapbook)
Zombies
Pinups/Burlesque
Skulls
Pirates
Bats
Creepy Cupcakes
Tattoo
Day of the Dead

List peferred size range, if you have one: whatever size inspires you
Preferred colors, if any:  for all of the themes except the animals theme I would love red, black, blue, pink, silver, purple
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? not a huge fan of orange yellow or brown or floral patterns
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches?   square or rectangle please
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration.  www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015 04:39:00 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

wandering...

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015 09:45:18 AM »

I'm going to claim MommyTheMaid for baby animals and Day of the Dead...possibly burlesque as well if my idea works out.  Cool
Sending by: August 17

About me: I'm Heather in California, U.S. For the most part, I prefer to not have words added to patches (it's fine if there are already words on the fabric you use). I'm completely happy with an abstract patch that has nothing specific on it, if it is still inspired by any of the themes below. Here is my hefty list of ideas:

• Earthy, bohemian, nature-y texture, eclectic spirituality, wabi-sabi, holistic wellness...elements, chakras, mandala, hamsa/eye of Fatima, tree of life, etc. (Patches I already have: ohm symbol, gingko leaf, labyrinth, luna moth, night sky)
  • Morocco or India/Bollywood aesthetics--paisley, sparkly, rich or sparse colors, henna designs, tapestry, non-Roman letters, Arabic geometric patterns, etc.
  • Animals being their awesome selves
  • Mexican kitsch, or other Latin American aesthetics/culture
  • A vibrant needlework, fiber art, and/or beading sampler patch, monochrome or as multicolored as you want to go!
  • Rainbow
  • If you have dyed or printed some fabric (shibori, snow dying, screenprinting, blockprinting, etc), and have an extra swatch of it, I'd love to have that as a patch
  • Gay pinup man (I've seen a series of these fabric prints, and there's also a gay male toile fabric in existence. If you already have one of these, I'd love a patch.   Smiley) ...Heck, I'll add gay pinup woman to the list, too; why not.
  • A landscape patch to be added to a larger playmat for a 3-year-old girl. I have lots of playmat ideas here. A simple rectangle of ground-cover print fabric would be fine, but feel free to do whatever you want with it.
  • A machine-stitched/-embroidered patch in a cool pattern

I have no preferred sizes, shapes or colors. Abnormally shaped patches are fine but I'm not specifically seeking them out.

I would prefer NOT to receive these kinds of fabric prints or colors: girly/baby/juvenile, modern or tiny floral, licensed characters, country-western, country-kitchen, 1980s, plaid, Southwestern, breast-cancer-pink, mauve, burgundy, hunter green, and what is listed in the "dislikes" from my Craftster profile.

Here is a Pinterest board of additional non-specific ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/callunacraft/visuals-prints-patterns-colors-textures/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015 09:46:49 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldenSunshine

Cookie Monster LOVE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015 03:06:22 PM »

I'm claiming Calluna for Earthy theme , Morocco Theme. Sending by August 15th.

Hi! I am Goldensunshine and I am back from a small hiatus. I'm back to get sewing again! I have two boards on my pinterest on TM patches. Please feel free to email me or shoot me an PM, I'm more happy to help you!

Country (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country): USA
THEMES!!
Craftster's choice *check with me first*, Baymax from Big Hero 2, Summer (Fishing, Paddleboard, swimming, inner tube), Black Labs, buttons (no flower buttons) Doctor Who. I would love to have someone create a memorial patch(s) of my dog who passed away in December, Rosco. If you are up for that one, contact me and I can give you some photos to use or ideas.  If you need more inspirations, or want other themes, please email me and I am more gladly to give you some more ideas! Ps. For the black lab, this is going to be my new puppy; I have photos of her also!

List peferred size range, if you have one: Not picky on size
Preferred colors, if any: Any colors is okay
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? Not too crazy on dark colors, but if it is in a theme I requested, Im fine. I do not need any more flower patches!
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? No
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? Yes, www.pinterest.com/solarsun/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015 03:16:38 PM »

I am claiming GoldenSunshine for Black Labs and Baymax. I will be sending by August 19th.

I am planning to make a wall hanging to put in my science classroom, so I would love it if the patches could be science-themed! These are the topics I currently teach (I've deleted the topics I already have patches for- and all of my science patches are posted on my Pinterest board Smiley ) :
1. Earth science (earthquakes,  plate tectonics, dinosaurs, moon phases, seasons, eclipses, tides)
2. Space science (objects in the solar system or galaxy. the universe, etc.- I already have a constellation patch and a planet patch)
3. Engineering (Bridges, Robotics, Computer Aided Design, etc.)
4. Life Science (human body {but they need to be 6th grade classroom appropriate... so probably no reproductive organs}, ecosystems, photosynthesis)
5. Physical Science (forces & motion {Newton's Laws of Motion},  density, heat transfer- conduction, convection, radiation, chemical reactions, light, sound)
6. Famous scientists (or quotes by famous scientists- I have a Carl Sagan, a Thomas Edison, and an Einstein patch)
List peferred size range, if you have one:  No bigger than 4" X 6" but smaller is okay!
Preferred colors, if any: No preference
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? Nothing violent, religious, or sexual in nature (it's for my 6th grade classroom)
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? I'd prefer square/rectangle shapes
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? I created a board on Pinterest for the science-themed patches I have so far. I'm trying to avoid duplicates for themes/topics (but there's only a few right now, so it's pretty wide open Smiley ).  Link: http://www.pinterest.com/msgouldams/science-themed-tm-patches/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015 01:12:25 AM »

I'm claiming craftADDchick for Life Science and Famous Scientists. I will send by August 20th.

Country (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country): UK

- Doctor Who
- Marvel Comics Characters (Xmen, Avengers,Loki, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man...)
- DC Comics Characters (Arrow, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman...)
- Outlander (Books & TV Series)
- Beach/Sea creatures/Maritime
- Disney
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Books
- Lego Games (PS3 type)
- Game of Thrones
- Christmas
- Halloween (not too goulish, have 4 year olds in the household)
- Crafts (i.e. patches about knitting/crochet/scrapbooking/silhouette cameo/quilting/photography etc.)
- Easy to understand Science (to introduce to my little Hobbitses throughout their preschool/primary school etc. Smiley ) (any science - but LOVE craftADDchick's list)
- American Football

List peferred size range, if you have one:no larger than 4x6 inches pls.
Preferred colors, if any: Bright and bold
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?No pinks or neon colours. No religious things or sexual pls.
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? Prefer square patches, but open to new things.
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration?
Really should organize my Pinterest more, but the whole lot is here.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015 05:51:08 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Shark week is coming!
@Home This Weekend: Frugal Floral Wreath
July 20th: National Moon Day

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...