A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July, August, September 2015 Birthday Swap! (Claims Through 9/7/2015)  (Read 5657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BriannaB03
« on: July 23, 2015 07:41:02 PM »

Calling all July, August and September Birthdays!
Un-Birthday Swappers are also welcome!

Lets celebrate!
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

Gallery and Discussion

Swap name: July, August, September 2015 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: BriannaB03
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: July 23-August 23
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim
Claim Time: July 23-Sept 7

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1.   This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wish Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2.   This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3.   If your birthday is in swap's current 3 months posted, you can post your birthday wish list for this time period. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: Gallery and Discussion

4.   Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive.  Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5.   Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread.  Gallery and Discussion

6.   Every birthday participant must make at least one claim.
     a.  New swappers may only have one outstanding claim at a time
     b.  FOC may have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time
     c.  Everyone else may have up to 2 outstanding claims at a time

7.   The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras.

8.   You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.  Help me keep it fair!

9.   If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the Un-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  

10.   Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.  Again help me keep it fair!  Its only polite to thank the person who sent you a birthday gift!

11.   When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  Please include whether or not you are a birthday swapper or Un-birthday swapper.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

12.   It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate PMs, you will receive poor communication feedback.

13.   When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)  You can do this by using the modify or edit option on your original post.

14.   If you are sending late you must PM BriannaB03 by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on. (Im not yo mama!  Wink)

15.   If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Become an FOC Here

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-rounded list:

--Include a short bio and information such as favorite colors, likes/dislikes, and allergies.

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your pinterest (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen.  Who doesnt like a surprise?!

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Include links, if possible.

--Check out other lists in past Birthday swaps and the Ongoing Wish Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

Gallery and Discussion

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: July, August, September 2015 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
Are you at least 16 years old?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#:
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt if needed.:
Have you posted in the discussion thread already?
What do you have to do if someone who is a non-birthday swapper sends you a gift?
How long do you have to send out after making your claim?
How many outstanding claims are you allowed at one time?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- July, August, September 2015 Birthday Swap (Un-Birthday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#:
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt if needed.:
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap. Yes/no
Have you posted in the discussion thread already?
How long do you have to send out after making your claim?
How many outstanding claims are you allowed at one time?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: Gallery and Discussion

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds
April, May, June 2015 Lists
April, May, June 2015 Gallery
Jan, Feb, March 2015 Lists
Jan, Feb, March 2015 Gallery
January 2014 Lists
January 2014 Gallery
June 2013 Lists
June 2013 Gallery
October 2012 Lists
October 2012 Gallery

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.Gallery and Discussion

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

Special thanks to past organizers for the format and rules for this swap!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015 09:48:10 AM by BriannaB03 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BriannaB03
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015 07:53:35 PM »

Birthday Swappers
(0/3)Bow and Sparrow July 2nd (3)
(0/3)calluna July 4th (2)
(0/2)cmouse01 July 6th (3)
(0/2)MommyTheMaid July 21st (5)
(0/2)mom2em July 27th (3)
(0/2)Lo{ve} August 8th (4)
(1/3)dessadoll August 20th  (3)
(0/2)fluffypants August 29th (2)
(0/3)anna.wahnsinn September 24th (2)

Un-Birthday Swappers
(0/3)BriannaB03
(0/3)RaraAvis (3 cards received)
(0/3)alwaysinmyroom(1 card received)
(1/3)kayrun(1 card received)
(0/3)underthemountain(1 card received)
(0/2)Plaidpineapple(1 card received)

(#of pending claims/#of pending claims allowed) (# of times they have been claimed)

LATE WITH COMMUNICATION
SENT
RECEIVED
FEEDBACK GIVEN
LATE WITH NO COMMUNICATION

Claims

RaraAvis claims dessadoll for bookmarks and supplies due 8/8/2015
cmouse01 claims dessadoll for a toque(& matching cowl if time permits) due 8/8/2015
MommyTheMaid claims cmouse01 for yarn due 8/8/2015

mom2em claims bow and sparrow for a box of supplies due 8/12/2015
Lo{ve} claims bow and sparrow for mug rugs due 8/12/2015

alwaysinmyroom claims Lo{ve} for name pillows and supplies due 8/13/2015
Lo{ve} claims mom2em for tie die supplies due 8/13/2014

kayrun claims Mommythemaid for a nerdy hoopla due 8/14/20151 CARD OWED
bow and sparrow claims Lo{ve} for F the dishes embroidery and bath bombs due 8/14/2015
underthemountain claims Lo{ve} for a beaded spider brooch and anatomical brooch due 8/14/2015

alwaysinmyroom claims cmouse01 for a basket or tote due 8/17/2015
anna.wahnsinn claims fluffypants for a colorful sunhat due 8/17/2015
BriannaB03 claims MommyTheMaid for a hoopla and TM patch due 8/17/20151 CARD OWED
fluffypants claims anna.wahnsinn for an ipod case due 8/18/2015

RaraAvis claims mom2em for a yoga mat strap and supply item due 8/19/2015

dessadoll claims Lo{ve} for an altered baby doll head, boston terrier key chain, and a supply item due 8/20/2015

alwaysinmyroom claims dessadoll for some bun covers and a needlebook due 8/21/2015

MommyTheMaid claims mom2em for reading pillows due 8/24/2015

calluna claims cmouse01 for a notebook and tatting due 8/29/2015

plaidpineapple claims calluna for reusable cloth pads due 9/1/2015

fluffypants claims MommyTheMaid for Lydia and Beetlejuice dolls due 9/6/2015

kayrun claims MommyTheMaid for books and surprises from pinterest due 9/14/20151 CARD OWED
kayrun claims fluffypants for a supply package due 9/14/2015
dessadoll claims MommyTheMaid for a hoopla and creepy rag doll due 9/14/2015

dessadoll claims calluna for a prayer flag and a couple of ATC's due 9/16/2015

RaraAvis claims anna.wahnsinn for a bubble necklace due 9/17/2015

cmouse01 claims bow and sparrow for a doily due 9/21/2015
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015 03:43:03 PM by BriannaB03 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015 02:06:10 AM »

Hi all!!!  My name is Brieanna and I am a craftaholic.  Roll Eyes
Now that I got that part out of the way....I will be 34 in August.  I am a proud wife and mother.  We have a biological daughter that will be 15 in October, and 2 munchkins we adopted from foster care 3 years ago.  Our son will be 10 on July 26, and youngest daughter will be 8 on the 28th of July.  We also have 2 Siberian Huskies, 2 mini Dachshunds, 2 cats and a huge fish tank.  I work full time as a LPN on a busy surgical ward.  My days away from work almost always consist of crafting in some form or another. 
I am super easy to craft for.  If I pinned it....I want it...and even if I have it, its always good to have another  Grin  I do have a wishlist board, but I am open to receiving from any of my boards. 

My pinterest is www.pinterest.com/brieannao

Some ideas of things I really would be flabbergasted over........

First and foremost.  First Nations stuff.  Anything really.  Our 2 we adopted are of Cree heritage and I would love to put more artwork and decorations around my house.

Sewing
--nurse utility belt!!  any color!  Size L-XL for waist.  Best to make it adjustable.
--sewing machine caddy to place under my machine and hold my scissors etc.
--vintage aprons with recycled fabric
--dishtowels that attach to my stove so my kids stop knocking them on the floor.
--needle book (I have 2 but I could use more to keep with various projects)

Themes
--Outlander!!
--Orange is the new Black
--Fantasy / Supernatural

Other Mediums I love but don't do
--wire wrapped stones for necklaces
--ear cuffs

Knit/crochet
--bun covers (3 girls in the house with long hair that love to wear buns)
--scarves and toques (it is cold here in Saskatchewan from October til April....so we use these a lot.

Supplies
-embroidery floss
-embroidery hoops
-felt and/or roving
-polymer clay
-fabric

Any source
--car organizers
--bookmarks
--scented drawer sachets
--slippers
--altered journal

I hope these ideas help.  Please don't feel the need to stick to any of these suggestions though.  I will truly feel blessed with whatever I may receive  Cheesy

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/brieannao/

I am always up for a personal swap!
cmouse01
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015 11:15:34 AM »

I'm Carmen from Wisconsin, married to Dave for just under 20 years and we have a 4 1/2 year old daughter, a whiny Basset Hound and a dozen laying hens.  My birthday was on July 6.  Our passion is DIY projects and making foods from scratch.  Daughter loves anything to do with princesses, pink, My Little Pony, little Lego people (we have 2).  We love watching movies, but at this point most are G/PG and animated (including monsters, dragons, superheroes, etc. not just the princess/pink).

Do you have any allergies? mold/mildew; I also can't handle strong scents (perfumes, smoke)
Do you have any allergens in your house? dog (does dust count?)

I'm perfectly fine with thrifted, recycled, or gently used items
My Pinterest and etsy faves for stalking
Feel free to check out my other boards, especially the sewing one as I'm pretty weak in sewing techniques.

Favorite colors and combos: jewel tones and primary colors - esp blue (Delft / cobalt), green and their darker versions (maroon, navy, etc), neutrals; lately I'm liking the aqua/pale yellow/grey combo, bright pink
Least favorite colors: orange, olive green, neons/chartreuse, turquoise
Patterns/themes I love: chevrons, flowers, hexagons, toile, organizing, food/cooking-related, polka dots, angels, Green Bay Packers, gardening, Norway, chickens/farm, Biblical
Least favorite themes/patterns: sharp angular geometrics, steampunk, zodiac, mustaches, clowns, sock monkeys, horror, zombies
Favorite animals: chickens, bunnies, mice, non-scary dragons
Favorite movies/tv shows: Foyle's War / WWII era, NCIS (Gibbs!), anything with Cary Grant (esp Father Goose)

In no particular order
1. Any bags, totes, baskets, box pouch / shaving kit (similar to these) ((if it holds something else, I love it!). Thank you alwaysinmyroom for claiming (either a tote or basket)
2. cloth napkins
3. reusable sandwich wraps or snack bags
4. placemats - something that will go with pale yellow, dark green and/or bright blue
5. fabric scarves - multi-colors are great because I can match with more outfits
6. Jewelry; I love delicate pieces and dangling earrings.  Also shawl pins.  I haven't gone much beyond connecting jump rings - so fancier hooks/fittings, wire wrapped-stones, etc. would be great.
7. Knit/crochet - I do a lot of this myself but I'd love some bunnies or longer cowls.
8. pretty notebooks, esp shabby chic Thank you calluna for claiming
9. Do you tat?  I would love anything made from tatting! Thank you calluna for claiming
10. Garden decorations such as dragonflies
11. Christmas ornaments
12. Coasters (need to be absorbant)
13. Fabric or ribbon bows

Supplies
1. zippers - any colors and sizes
2. pinking shears
3. yarn - especially in the lace through DK weights.  Thank you - MommyTheMaid for claiming this one
4. any miniatures, esp those that would work well in a fairy garden
5. die-cutting templates (spellbinders, etc) and embossing folders.
6. fabric - looking specifically for patriotic colors, esp dark blue, red, white; would be ok with "antique" versions of these colors.  But really any fabric - current stash is limited; I love vintage and Riley Blake
7. jump rings in variety of colors and sizes (I seem to have a lot in just silver/nickel)

Books
1. Harmony Knit or Crochet guides  I have a few already pm me for a list.
2. Or any other knit/crochet stitch dictionaries

Something from your state or country (non-food) that I can start teaching my daughter about the world.
Or any surprise!!  I love getting mail Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015 09:54:23 AM by cmouse01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bow and Sparrow
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015 01:19:10 PM »

My name is Cait, my birthday was July 2nd. I live in Nashville with my husband and my australian shephard E-V and my great pyranee Harper. I work as a school based Occupational Therapist.

I like anything outside and/or active (weight lifting, running, walking, biking, roller skating, hiking, travelling), reading, gardening and sitting on patio's with a spiked lemonade.  I like all kinds of patterns, but I lean more towards floral patterns, especially ones with a vintage feel, and geometric patterns. I like creepy or cute, or creepy-cute! I like old books, bugs, foxes/hedgehogs/any forest or unusual animal/nonsense monsters, cute food, anatomical things, taxidermy, mushrooms, typography, pom pom trim, rustic wood, sparrows and ravens.

I could use (examples of most of these things in my pinterest)
pot holders
oven mitts
kitchen towels
microwave bowl holders
pillow covers (I can stuff)
mug rug
mug cozy/sweater
pillow cases with crochet edges
buntings or garlands
faux taxidermy
softies
embroidered or felted hooplas
crochet/knit doilies of various sizes/styles in whites/creams/tans (to look aged)
floral kimono robe
casserole carrier
purse organizer (like this or anything similar: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/264656915574868533/)
marble maze (but with a little bit more fun fabric: http://therapyfunzone.net/blog/fabric-marble-maze-with-metal-marble-and-magnets/)
or anything from my pinterest
or just a surprise!

pinterest wishlist: https://www.pinterest.com/cait_wage/make-me-things-inspiration/

general pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cait_wage/

supplies (secondhand is ok!):
embroidery thread, any colors
embroidery hoops
scrapbook papers
washi tape
distress inks/mini distress inks
card/scrapbooking embelishment
ribbons/strings
buttons
background/print/texture stamps
various sized fun containers for craft supplies'
fabric
treats/soaps
2" star punch
pinking shears
an edge punch (something like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/274227064781915833/)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015 08:57:23 PM by Bow and Sparrow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015 05:14:30 PM »

Hi!  My name is Lissa and I live in Colorful Colorado.  My birthday was July 21 and it was rather lame.  I always tend have weird or bad things happen on my birthday and this year was not an exception.  So, instead of lamenting on that, I want to send and receive awesome birthday wishes!  

I am a little bit rock and roll and a little bit hippie.  I love pink, black, and silver and that combination.  I am not a huge fan of florals, yellow, or brown. I love all things 1940s and 1950s and anything that helps me save the environment or make awesome treats for my family. I am trying to cut back my supply stash a little, so I havent asked for much, but if you have something to pass along that you think I will love, I would love to receive it.  I dont wear earrings or much jewelry although I do like rings sometimes.  I love fun hair pretties and bandanas and tend to wear them in my hair rockabilly style.   I have a My Little Pony collection (1st gen) and have recently started a curiosity cabinet.  I love Tim Burton, especially Beetlejuice, and have seen the new Stepford Wives at least 1,000 times.  I love that my home and life is filled with handmade items from all over the world and my fellow craftsters.  Thank you so much for looking at my list!

Crafted Items:

*Teesha Moore style patches
     -baby forest animals in bright and pastel baby colors
     - zombies, bats, skulls, pirates, anything a little spooky but not too halloweenish
     - hello kitty and friends
     -pin ups
     - sideshow - i really love AHS, conjoined twins, fiji mermaid, turtle boy,
*Hooplas!  https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/hoopla-happiness/
*Curiosities for my cabinet  https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/curiosity-cabinet/
*Miniture repcilcas of Deila Deets sculptures from Beetlejuice https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481744491363668219/
*Beetlejuice and Lydia dolls - any kind of doll, poppet, rag, Ninni, Dotee, whatever creative path you would like
*Felt Pincushion - anything cute you think I would like
*My Little Pony plush (crochet, knit, or sewn)- I can stuff it
*Creepy Rag Dolls - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/144044888057377204/  There is a Craftster that makes beautiful dolls and I am so inspired by them
*Handmade Christmas Ornaments - some ideas here - https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/ornaments-for-our-home-made-tree/
*Cloth menstrual pads - I prefer snaps to velcro, but I can add the snaps when they get get here
*Jackalope taxidermy
*Ninnis!  I would loved a themed Ninni  https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/ninni/  
*Ring or hair bow with a skull girl pendant https://www.pinterest.com/pin/144044888051157809/
*Delicious homemade treats or candies - preferably something that wont melt in transit
*Skeleton hands headband or barrartes https://www.pinterest.com/pin/144044888055689654/ or anything similar
*Unpaper towels - would love a fun flannel print with terry cloth on the back
*Car organizers - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/365073113514037259/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/395824254726740440/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/491525746801930266/
*Surprise me!  I have a crazy large pintrest. https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/  (I have a Blythe board and dollhouse board, but do not yet own either)

Supplies:

*Alova Suede in fun colors for poppets
*size 16 KAM snaps - mismatched is fine if you have extras
*Fun Amigurumi eyes in larger sizes
*Felt sheets
*Etching kit - I have lots of glassware that needs decoration
*Ceramic paint markers
*These skull girl pendants https://www.pinterest.com/pin/144044888051157809/
*Hello Kitty or Batman duct tape (even just the last bit of a roll would be awesome- I would use it to decorate my server book at work
*Cricut cartridges (used is awesome) or cutouts from the cartrdiges https://www.pinterest.com/mommythemaid/cricut-supplies/
*Essential Oils (I have plenty of Eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, grapefruit, and lemongrass)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015 05:22:23 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015 10:04:02 AM »

Hi birthday swappers!!!!

I'm Lo, I will be 25 on August 8th! I live in Northern CA, USA. I tend to lean towards darker colors; marroon, gold, black, dark purples and reds, jewel tones, etc. A few of my favorite themes are anatomy, aliens, vintage circus or freak show, bats/vampires (creepy kind, not cutesy) Halloween, chakras, crystals, Egyptian themes or gods, aliens, power puff girls, Beauty and the Beast.. Feel free to PM me with questions!

I get migraines extremely easily, therefore I can't accept anything that smells heavily of smoke or has a fake chemical smell. If something is scented I prefer a neutral smell like nag champa or food scents.

Surprises are always welcome! here is my craftster wants pinterest board for inspiration! https://www.pinterest.com/1createmydreams/craftster-wants/

SEWN

Intestine pillow! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488404726986/

Name Pillows for my niece and nephew. The boy's name is 5 letters, would love superhero fabric! Any and all superheroes would work! Example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403064764/ and the girls name is 4 letters and would love a frozen themed pillow the most or princess! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403064759/   I understand these can be 2 different claims! thanks alwaysinmyroom!!!!

An apron to bake in! Some examples of ones I like are.. Or any played off my themes would be fantastic!!! Maybe we could discuss colors or such if you needed?
 One yard apron- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403064709/
Love the towel snapped on or buttoned to this one - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403064682/

A set of fabric envelopes to divide money

A slip, this gorgeous free vintage pattern is amazing! I could send you measurements, I wear a XS. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403064957/

Cloth pads. I would love ones with snaps!

CROCHET/KNIT

Knit sock monkey slippers, will get exact size of babys foot for you for reference but he is 2 years old; https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488398288710/

Crochet or knitted (or sewn!!!) cast iron skillet handle covers, would love two for a mini 5" skillet and one for a regular 12" skillet

Lamb slippers, I wear a size 6.5 narrow US women's https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403253940/

Crochet bugs! https://www.pinterest.com/1createmydreams/ (thanks la chapa for sending me my first batch! I'd love more though!!!)

Pee-wee Herman crocheted doll! I would love love love pee-wee or chairy!

JEWELRY

Brooches: I have examples on my jewelry board of my style and ones I love! http://www.pinterest.com/1createmydreams/jewelry/

Alien bracelet for a 5" wrist: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488403274135/

EMBROIDERY

This embroidery!!! F the dishes! If you could blur out the middle of the f word like here or cross it out somehow would be perfect! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488402806772/ thanks bow and sparrow!!!

BATH/BEAUTY

Soap (not melt and pour please, natural and handmade, certain chemicals and artificial smells give me migraines)

Bath bombs (natural and handmade please, chemicals and artificial smells give me migraines) thanks bow and sparrow!!!

Candles (natural and handmade please, chemicals and artificial smells give me migraines)

OTHER

Home Grown White Sage

Boston Terrier Felt Keychain, mostly black body with white chest, would also love if it had extra wonky eyes. I can send you a photo of my aunts pups who recently passed away, this would be in his memory!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488404121599/
thanks dessadoll!!!

Some type of Quiet I'm Meditating sign. Any medium would be great.

Beaded bugs! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488402879118/

Any altered baby doll, rubber or ceramic, example: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488402491241/

Miniature 3D scenes. I would love to have scenes with any of the following themes; alien abduction, freak show, crime scenes, Egyptian, or whatever you come up with!

Wood burned kitchen utensils, like this ant spoon! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366480488404605478/

SUPPLIES *supply only packages are more than welcome!*

Anything from my amazon wish list, used is okay!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref=aw_wl_ov_nxt_1?ie=UTF8&lid=M3LR282FYXXI&p=2&reveal=unpurchased&sort=date-added&ty=wishlist

Metal stamping tools - I would love any of these stamps!;
Heart Chakra- https://www.etsy.com/listing/207390682/heart-chakra-metal-stamp-impressart-6mm
Ganesha- http://www.pjtooljewelry.com/ganesha-metal-stamp.aspx
Eye of Horus - http://www.pjtooljewelry.com/impressart-6mm-eye-horus-metal-stamp.aspx
And any of the astrology signs but most wanted would be Leo, Virgo, Pisces, Cancer.

Pendant blanks for metal stamping - any metal/color/size

Firefighter charms, any style!

Jewelry gift boxes, any color will do but these are lovely for example, https://www.etsy.com/listing/93571533/kraft-jewelry-gift-boxes-cotton-filled?ref=market

Spatulas for baking

Mini or regular donut baking pans

Wooden utensils to wood burn on

Cook books from Amazon
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1480048437/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_2_8?colid=M3LR282FYXXI&coliid=I24BKHE0YBRMR3
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0976917009/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1435874178&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=ayurveda

Black (either matte or shiny!) or gold spray paint

Beeswax to make candles with

Wicks to make my own candles

I would love to learn how to make my own soap, if you have any tools or supplies for this i would love any and all!

Baby doll parts, heads, arms, legs. Any material, plastic or ceramic would be lovely

Barbie parts, mostly looking for arms and legs! Will take the whole gal if you have them though

Pasta maker to roll out polymer clay

Alien or Pokemon fabric

Metal spikes, any color will do but would esp love black

Leather, even scraps!

Metal o rings, any color

Serger thread in any color, 4 of same colors please

Wilton Character cake pans. I'd love any really but specifically Star Wars, superheroes, or princesses!

Thanks so much!!!l
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015 03:16:58 PM by Lo{ve} » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2em
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015 09:11:49 AM »

My name is Christine and I live in Delaware.  My birthday was July 27th.  I have been married for 11 years.  I have 2 daughters who are 4 and 7 that I homeschool.  I am a big animal lover, especially dolphins, primates, cats, and dogs.  We currently have 3 cats and 2 dogs.  I love reading, scrapbooking, making things with my girls, etc.  My favorite colors are purple and blue.  I like paisley prints and fabric with animals on it.  I dont like yellow, neon colors, or stripe prints.
Please--I dont want to receive anything from a smoking house.  Other than that I have no allergies.
My pinterest is https://www.pinterest.com/mom2em/

Crafts (examples of all of these are on my Pinterest)
Yoga mat strap claimed, thank you!
Weighted sensory lap belt for my older daughter (her favorite color is blue or rainbow)
Doll baby carrier (like an Ergo) for my younger daughter (she likes cats, Minnie Mouse, Frozen)
Reading pillow claimed, thank you!
Multi pocket tote bag (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/161988917823909525/)
Snack/sandwich reusable bags
Cloth menstrual pads with snaps
Ombre dyed t-shirt, size XL
Surprises from my pinterest are always appreciated too

Supplies
White canvases
Scrapbook adhesive squares
Cute flannel fabric
Washi/Duct tape
Scrapbook tools and embellishments
Tie Dye claimed, thank you!
Miniatures for a fairy garden, Halloween haunted house, or Santas Village
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015 06:04:02 PM by mom2em » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
fluffypants
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015 06:49:11 PM »

Hi! Im Mary, from Ontario, Canada. Born August 29th (same day as Michael Jackson, but many years later). I just realized that this year is my champagne birthday - Ill be turning 29 - but since I dont like the taste of champagne, Ill probably celebrate with a pina colada. Wink
Im a graphic designer by day, but my passion is baking! I love making cakes, cookies, squares, pies, candies, everything. My brownies have been dubbed Mary brownies by coworkers, friends, and family, and I often get requests. Everyone at work gets Mary brownies for their birthday!
I live with my husband of just over 1 year, and am stepmom to two kitties and two turtles. We have a fun house, with lots of random pop culture and memorabilia. I love colour (bright, jewel tones), vintage patterns (floral, geometric, mid-century paisley etc). and useful things. The walls of my craft room are quite full, but Im always looking for fun artsy or crafty pieces to hang up in there.
As far as Im aware, I have no allergies, but a sensitivity to smoke. My husband is allergic to dogs, but its not an issue as long as items are clean. Smiley I like vintage, mid-century, quirky, fun things, music trivia, classic rock, oldies, cartoons, documentaries, art, chocolate, kitties. My Pinterest is a pretty good snapshot of things I like. I dislike goth, art containing foul language, and am not overly keen on frilly lacy things.

My Pinterest: pinterest.com/fluffypants

Some ideas...

Supplies - supply only packages are totally awesome too!
  • Bezels
  • Bezel cups (38mm)
  • Resin supplies
  • Molds (for resin, preferably plain shapes. For polymer clay, anything!)
  • Baking goodies (sprinkles, cupcake wrappers, etc).
  • Embroidery hoops - since Im just learning I only have two!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015 06:23:57 PM by fluffypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015 01:19:47 AM »

Hi, my name is Anne. I'll be 39 on September 24. I live in Bremen (in Germany!) with my husband Uwe and little ones: Lea (4) and Hanna (2).

I don't like cigarette/cigar smoke, but have no allergies to speak of (some artificial scents, mostly, slight cat/dog/dust/mold).

My favourite colours are black (esp. for wearables), dark teal, deep purple, dark brown, cream & taupe (sand, milk, stone, wool... think nature), and as an accent pink. So: darker intensive or lighter bland colours. I like plain fabrics, or (stylized) patterns like leaves and blossoms; polka dot... We have decorated our apartment mostly in light colours (white, cream, wood) so colourful stuff is always welcome. Repurposed and/or used is always fine. I usually prefer cotton or other natural fibers over acrylics. Also I'm happy to receive supplies (again, used or remnants welcome).

I have a Craftster Pinterest board (https://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/craftster-ongoing-wish-list/), the current big wishes are listed right here. I have lots of things I want on other Pinterest boards, so if you find something there, feel free to make whatever you would like.
As this is about a birthday gift for me these two might be especially interesting:
http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/jewelry-id-love-to-receive/ or here
https://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/t-shirts/ – I love the four shirts I've received so far and am wearing them constantly. I would love more!

O iPod cozy (for an iPod classic) - maybe even a star like this? http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495381063/ - or just a very plain pockety thing thank you fluffypants!
O If anyone has a nice dark teal/brown jersey (solid or patterned) and maybe a serger, I'd love a very simple, plain tunic. It would have to be pretty large, though, XXL or XXXL. If that would work as a medium.
O Binding or bias tape: patterned or solid, scrappy or single colour, from a fat quarter or a long strip from a sheet... I'm always in need of binding!
O Spiral heel socks http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279493860489/ especially in teal/brown
O Any socks really, cable, plain, or self-striping, knit or or crochet...
O Knit hat with owl pattern http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494719195//owl-hat-4  50cm/20" or (or 60cm for me!) in grey or a nice cool brown shade! Also possible in crochet! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495143479/
O Something small printed/stamped/embroidered with dandelions on it: A tea wallet, a little zippered coin purse or tampon wallet, a headphone keeper, pendant, anything! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279497094302/
O Stone & crystal (glass) pendant like this with four crystals (two smaller, two larger) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494784538/
O Han and Leia Mugs - please include "i love you" and "i know" (bottom inside would be my favourite!) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494131098/
O mini stamps for "filofaxing" - appointments, birthdays, dates, movies, etc. - also work well for greeting cards (one piece of bunting, a candle, a cake or cupcake...)!  (various on my OWS board)
O Leather planner/organizer cover like this http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495377730/ in A6 so I can put a regular notebook and a calendar in it (or like the smaller Moleskine flex). I love plain oiled leather in darker brown or black.
O Screen printing kit (I would so love to try this!)
O Bubbles necklace! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495383186/ Thank youRaraAvis!
O Mini hooplas/wall art for my room in the doll house (because there is no space for a real hoopla wall and I love tiny things!). So inchies or rinchies in your favourite medium. Maybe somthing from here as an inspiration? http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/artwork-hoopla-inchie-inspiration/
O Stand-up thingy for tablet (to look at sewing instructions while sewing...) (the bookish kind?) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494649573/
O Smallish embroidery floss cards - plain, or shaped, painted, printed... lots of those! (plain or decorated - examples on my Pinterest)
O Anything Labyrinth/Jareth for me... shirt, crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, embroidered, whatever, useful or just pretty...
O Calvin & Hobbes - again anything "pretty" and/or useful

O Embroidery hoops! All sizes, especially 4-8" - but if you have a smaller or larger one, those are very welcome, too!
O embroidery floss: especially blacks, whites, creams, regular and pastel colours (for care bears etc.)!
O Fabric paint (my favourites: silver, black, white, dark teal, dark purple, dark brown, pink; but need the regular colours as well to make shirts and stuff with the kiddies) (can also be glittery, metallic or pearlescent) - I'd love the kind that doesn't have to be ironed to fix the paint
O Always: fabric! (esp. solid black!, teals; purples, or smaller patterns)
O Calendar stamp http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495066678/
O Metal stamping blanks & stamps (heart, star!) (oh, anything really, I only have very plain alphabet stamps and some rectangly tags)
O Embroidery floss bobbins (plain, or patterned)
O Papers or cardstock (plain, glittery or pearly): Would love 12x18cm / 5x8in, can use smaller, especially in teal, cream, turquoise, black, pink/rose or brown (to be used as planner pages/dividers, for cards etc.)
O Books/magazines on (bead) embroidery, sewing (doll clothes, kids, or women plus size)
O Wooden or glass beads from 3mm to 10mm, any colours/shapes
O Tea and spice tins / tea caddies. Examples: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495377698/ and http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495377711/ (love tea urns, too, but those might be not ideal for overseas shipping)
O (Etsy gift card to get my hands on these:) https://www.etsy.com/people/annawahnsinn/favorites/pixel-people?ref=favs_index_3
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015 12:59:54 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...