A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coloring Book for All!  (Read 1906 times)
Tags for this thread: coloring_book , coloring  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 07, 2015 02:21:36 AM »

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure what category this fell under, but since it mostly consists of paper (or, it will if you print it out), I decided to post on this board.

At the request of a dear friend, I started creating coloring pages (for grown-ups) hoping to give people an opportunity to unwind and slow down... One of my goals was to play around with ways to fill the larger space with smaller blocks, so patterns can be made with colors. (Or, colorers can fill in large blocks of one color by coloring outside the lines--- that's fine too!)

(of course, I tested most of them for colorability right away!)

Some blank pages (during the upload/cleaning up process)...

Anyway, I thought I'd share it here with you guys as well, in case you want to zone out and color!  (Feel free to share, but please keep it free!) You can download the pdf file at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dv8sr6wcpktoil/SCATTER-%20M%26C.pdf?dl=0

(Also, if you don't have a dropbox account and don't want one, you can just X out of the sign-up box and still download it.)

(I called it "Scatter," because it's totally scatterbrained.  Hopefully future installments will have more theme or focus.)

Happy coloring!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015 11:04:07 AM by Mountains and Clouds » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015 06:47:22 AM »

What a great idea! I often zentangle on crossword and sudoku pages. Usually while I am waiting on hold after those frustrating "press three, press four, press the gun to your head...now wait an eternity and we might care" type calls.  Grin I never thought to color. That would be good, too.

It is nice that you offer them for free, but I will bet you could post them on a site like Lulu.com (they publish your PDF or offer your download on-demand, and handle all the details for you for a very small percentage of your sales.) You wouldn't have to charge much, but it could help buy you some new markers and things. Some of the book downloads I have seen there are only 2 or 3 dollars, each. I think Lulu takes 20%, but you only pay for what you sell, and last I checked, there is no cost to post things with them. They collect the Paypal and zing it back to you, or will issue a monthly check, if you prefer payment that way.

I also shared this for anyone else who wishes to self publish. They also do posters, and calendars, and other stuff. I have a couple how-to books that I need to get back to working on. When my computer died a while back, I fell out of the swing of things. You just inspired the thought for me to get my butt in gear again. THANKS  Grin I need to check the site again and make sure they still have the same rules, but their instructions and tutorials are easy to follow. They walk you through all the steps.

Another thought for you on the charity side would be to offer your pages to the local Women's battered shelters, and such. They might wish to use them as a healing tool. One of your beautiful faces and hair figures (I like the relaxed look of Ms. Scatter!) would look good with an empty thought bubble above it. So women could write what they are thinking (or draw their own picture) there. And there are often children in the shelters, so maybe a "Mommy color with me" concept could be grand. Just some ideas. I really think you are on to something.

Oh, and if you don't already do zentangle, there are pattern/texture ideas galore on Google. Like these: http://picshype.com/zentangles-patterns.html You could offer up a suggestions chart/cheat sheet for those, and draw some abstract outline designs for colorer to add the fill ins. Just more thinking. I really like your plan.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015 10:22:36 AM »

Thanks for the tips, Stillatthetop! For now, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone, since there isn't much continuity, etc. and I was mostly experimenting, but those are some good ideas for the future! 
(And wow, are you a novelist?  Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015 11:26:54 AM »

This is fabulous, thanks so much!  I'm going to print these out for my kids to get creative with.  (Really, I'll probably color most of them.   Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The thing about believing that you can do anything is that you actually do things!
stillatthetop
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015 10:52:57 AM »

Not a novelist. How-to books sell better. Unless you become a well-known name. Like Stephen King, or the Harry Potter craze.

I really like your designs. Have you considered illustrating for other book publishers? The Writer's Market and The Writer's Handbook are sources to find out where to send your art for submission. Your local library should have them in their reference section. It tells how to submit, and write your query for individual publishers, and where to send things. It might be available online somewhere now. I haven't looked. My books are from 1988 and 1989. They update things yearly. Tells you how long I have had my dream  Roll Eyes

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
roler
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015 05:56:14 AM »

Awesome pages! Smiley I recently got a couple of adult coloring books myself, and these pages you drew look just as complex and fun to fill in, as well as just plain pretty, as a lot of those book pages!  Thanks for sharing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...