A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games 2015 --June 1, 2015 - August 31, 2015--  (Read 92963 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 23, 2015 06:49:55 PM »

Welcome to the Summer Nerd Games Arena!
I, LovelyMiss, shall be your host and Head Gamemaker.

The Nerd Battles welcome all players from the Nerdyverse to join! The games are to inspire, encourage, and motivate your crafting adventure.  Players can join anytime during the season.

Are you wondering if you are part of the Nerdyverse?  John Green describes it quite well...
Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff  Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-cant-control-yourself love it.  ...When people call people nerds, mostly what theyre saying is you like stuff.  Which is just not a good insult at all.  Like, You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.

Rules of Engagement
--There is a list of prompts for you to complete. You complete a prompt with a crafty item you think fulfills it.  You can use your description to make it clear on how the craft fits the prompt (feel free to get creative).
--Players must craft to the best of their abilities and have a minimum of 30 minutes of crafting time per submission, unless otherwise noted.  
--A project can only be submitted for one prompt or crafting opportunity.
--A project does NOT have to be "nerdy, it only has to fulfill the prompt as you see it.
--Submitted projects must be started and completed during the current season, unless otherwise noted.
--There is SO MUCH to do in the Nerd Games.  Do not feel like you have to craft everything.  Do what inspires you.
--We welcome all players from the Nerdyverse, no matter their Geekdom.  
--We are never mean.  
--We never exclude someone.
--We will keep it cleanish (PG-PG13).  
--We will follow all Craftster guidelines, this includes staying on-topic (serious OT goes in FOC OT boards).  
--You will be asked to join a team.
--Never hesitate in contacting the Head Gamemaker with your questions, concerns, or ideas.

--How to Join the Nerd Battles--
It is easy to join in the Nerd Battles craftalong!  Simply craft an item that fits one of the posted prompts and take photos of your finished project.  Post your project photos in the official Nerd Battles thread (that's where you are now!).  Make sure to include the Completed Project Header (see How to turn in a project) with each project you post.  In the Header of your first completed project you will declare your team. (You do not need to choose a team before you post your first project.)  You officially join a team when your first project is submitted.

About Teams
There are five teams:
Team Textbook: Geekdom of Logic, Knowledge, Science, and Math;
Team Multimedia: Geekdom of Movies, TV, Music, and Gamers;
Team Wordy: Geekdom of Readers, Books, and Wondrous Words;
Team Fandom: Geekdom of Fanfics, Conventions, Midnight Openings, and Beacons of the Nerdyverse;
Team Randomizer: Geekdom of OOAKs, Oddballs, and Marchers to Different Drummers.

--Teams are where like-minded players join to work together.
--There is no limit to the number of people in a team.
--Though you may feel at home on more than one team, pick the one that draws you the most.
--You may choose a new team at the beginning of each season, but you cannot change teams during a season.

---How To Turn in a Project---
Spend at least 30 minutes crafting a project that fits the requirements of a posted prompt.  Take a photo of your finished project.  Post your project photo(s), along with the Completed Project Header, in this thread.

--COMPLETED PROJECT HEADER--
Use this header for each project you submit. Research Projects have a special header, which can be found in the Research Project Lab.

Prompt:  (please include month & category)
Team:
Event: (Yarnology, Fabricology, Paperology, Foodology, Craftology)
Bonus Points: (include which bonus points you think you've earned, e.g., Giver, Engineering, Community, UFO)
Project Name:
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:

You may add more than one project to your post, but a Completed Project Header must be used for each project you submit.

For the Research Project Proposal and Submission Headers, visit the Research Project Lab.

---Point System---
Challenges, Battles, UFOs, Team Spirit, and Red Alerts will earn 20 points unless otherwise denoted.  Challenges, Battles, UFOs, Team Spirit, and Red Alerts are eligible for additional Bonus Points.  All projects submitted under these prompts must meet the 30 minute crafting time requirement.

Brownie Points Projects will earn 10 points, and ARE eligible for additional Bonus Points.  Brownie Points Projects are items crafted for charity during the season that are NOT turned in as a prompt or Research Project.  Brownie Points Projects must meet the 30 minute crafting time requirement.  Be sure to claim Giver Bonus Points on any Projects (including Brownie Points) you complete!

Free-Range Crafting projects will earn 20 points, and ARE eligible for additional Bonus Points.  Free-Range Crafting projects can be anything that you don't turn in under another prompt.  Free-Range projects must meet the 30 minute crafting time requirement.  You may submit up to two Free-Range Crafting projects per season.  

Big Time projects will earn 50 points, and ARE  eligible for additional Bonus Points.  Big Time projects are anything that takes at least five hours of crafting time, and that you do not turn in under another prompt or crafting opportunity.  You may turn in up to three Big Time projects per season.

Zaps will earn 5 points, and ARE  eligible for additional Bonus Points.    Zaps are any projects that take fewer than 30 minutes to complete.  You may turn in up to five Zaps per season.

Research Projects will earn 100 points.  Research Projects are projects that take three or more weeks to complete.  You must submit a proposal for a Research Project to count.  Research Projects are separate from the normal Challenge/Battle/UFO/Alert prompts.  In most cases it is not permissible to "double dip" on individual Research Project elements, so anything included in a Research Project cannot also be turned in for a Nerd Games Challenge/Battle/UFO/Alert prompt, or as a Brownie Points, Free-Range, or Zaps project.  Research Projects are eligible for additional Bonus Points.
Visit the Research Project Lab for more information on completing a Research Project.

You can earn 10 Bonus Points for...
--Engineering: Turning in a project that includes a new tutorial, pattern, or recipe;
--Giver:  Crafting a project for charity;
--Community:  Creating a post for your project on the appropriate Craftster board and including at least three photos in your post, one of which must be a progress/process shot;
--UFO Sighting:  Completing a UFO (Un-Finished Object/Work-In-Progress);
--Prompt specific:  Some prompts may include the opportunity for special bonus points.  This information will be included in the text for the prompt.
You may earn more than one set of bonus points for your project.

At the End Game, there will be Winners (but really no losers)
--Team Winners: average taken from number of players & point scored
--Special Awards: given by gamemakers
Winnings will include bragging rights, badges, and possible prizes.

Nerd Battles Staff
--Head Gamemaker: LovelyMiss
--Gamemaker Emeritus: pinkleo
--Project Tracker: Tanath
--Battle Badge Creator: bunny1kenobi
--Pinterest Pinster: Calabaza
--Special Projects: Smeddley

Team Captains
--Textbook: Smeddley
--Multimedia: roler
--Wordy: bunny1kenobi
--Fandom: FreakieGeekie
--Randomizer: Calabaza

Official Nerd Battles Pinterest Board

---This is the home for Completed Projects, Research Project Declarations, and "Oooos & Ahhhs."  For discussions, chatting, and progress pics, head over to the Nerd Discussion thread.  Posts will be moved to appropriate location when necessary.  Thanks for your help in keeping the Nerd Games in order!---
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015 05:13:11 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015 06:50:46 PM »

---Summer Nerd Games Information Center---

Nerd Games Navigation

Welcome to the Nerd Games: Information on joining the craftalong, turning in projects, and points.

Prompt Palace:  View all current Nerd Battles crafting prompts.

Research Project Lab:  Learn about Research Projects, and see current proposed and completed projects.

Badge Center:  View and claim available badges.

Nerd of the Week:  View current and past Nerd of the Week projects and recipients.

G3:  Geeky Giver Gang:  Learn about crafting for charity during the Nerd Games, and view players and projects that have be inducted into G3.

Medal Central:  Learn about Medaling in Events during the Summer Nerd Games, and view player Medal progress.

Raffle Roundup:  Learn about the Raffle and view available prizes.

Know Your Nerds:  Learn about fellow players through monthly interviews.

Portals to Team Headquarters
--Team Textbook--
--Team Multimedia--
--Team Wordy--
--Team Fandom--
--Team Randomizer--

Pinterest Board:  Visit the official Nerdalong Pinterest board.

Nerd Battles FAQ

DATES & TIMES
What is the Nerd Battles time zone?
The Nerd Battles uses central time.  For month specific prompts (like Flash Mobs and Battle Royales), have your projects posted by 11:59 p.m. central time on the last day of the month.  The Nerd Battles close at 11:59 p.m. central time on the last day of the season.  

When do the seasons run?
Spring is March - May, Summer is June - August, Fall is September - November, and Winter is December - February.

When can I join?
You can join the Nerd Battles at any time during the season.

When are prompts posted?
New Challenge and Battle Royale prompts are posted each month.  They are usually available by noon on the first day of the month.  UFO and Team Spirit prompts are posted at the start of the season.  Alert prompts are usually posted once or twice a season at unspecific times.

When are projects due?
Battle Royale prompts are due by the end of the month in which it is issued.  Challenge prompts may be turned in any time during the season, regardless of the month in which they are issued.  For example, June Challenges may be turned in during August.  UFO and Team Spirit prompts may be turned in any time during the season.  Any special Alert prompts will indicate their specific due date.

TEAMS
How do I join a team?
You officially join a team and will be added to the roster when you post your first project.

Can I switch teams?
You can choose a new team at the start of each season (or whenever you start playing).  Changing teams during the season is not allowed.

PROJECTS
Do projects have to be nerdy?
No.  As long as you describe how your item fits the prompt, it can be anything that takes at least 30 minutes to craft for Challenges, Battles, Flash Mobs, and Alerts, or three weeks or more for Research Projects.

Do the projects I turn in have to be crafted during a certain time period?
Any projects you turn in should be crafted during the current season of the Nerd Battles/Games.  One exception is for works-in-progress.  In the case of WIPs you may have completed a majority of the work prior to the season starting, but as long as you put in at least 30 minutes of crafting time during the current season to finish the project, it is acceptable to turn it in for a prompt.  Be sure to identify projects as WIPs when you post them, and don't forget to claim UFO Bonus Points for any WIPs you complete.  Prompts you submit do not need to be crafted during the month they are issued, just anytime during the current season (except Battle Royales).

What are Zaps and how are they different than other projects?
Zaps are an extra opportunity to turn in projects to the Nerd Games.  All regular Nerd Games submissions have a crafting time requirement of at least 30 minutes.  Any project that takes fewer than 30 minutes may be turned in as a Zap.  Zaps do not have prompts; it can be anything that takes fewer than 30 minutes to complete.  You may submit up to FIVE Zaps during the season.

What is Free-Range Crafting and how is it different than other projects?
Free-Range Crafting is not a prompt, but just an option to turn in extra projects for the Nerd Games.  Free-Range projects can be anything that takes at least 30 minutes to craft.  It is a great option for that project that just won't fit into a prompt, or if you finish the prompts and still want to craft other items.  You may submit TWO Free-Range Crafting projects per season.

If I craft multiples of the same item, can each one be turned in under a separate prompt?
It's up to you how you turn in projects.  Some players post each item under a different prompt, or some players turn like items in as a set under the same prompt.  Both are acceptable, as long at it meets the crafting time requirements.  (To post them as separate prompts, each iteration will need to take at least 30 minutes of crafting time.)

Can a project "count" for more than one Craftalong?
Yes, definitely, as long as it fits the respective prompts or rules for each Craftalong.  For example, a project may be turned in for a Challenge prompt in the Nerd Battles, and the same project may also be turned in for a Class in the HPC.

Is there a minimum number of projects I need to post?  Do I have to keep up in the thread and comment on every project posted?
No. Though some players like to comment on all of the projects, or turn in many projects, it's all just for fun.  Pop in when you can, comment when you're inspired, post projects when you want to, and don't worry when life gets in the way!  There is no need to ever feel guilty about your level of participation in the Nerd Games.

I finished a project, but it's for a swap, so I just want to post a link to the photo(s).  How do I create a link to a photo?
Upload the photo as normal, and choose the "Copy and paste this into your Craftster post" link.  In that link change [ img ] to [ url ] and [ / img ] to [ / url ] (without the spaces).  Once your secret project is received, you may want to edit your post so the images appear.  When you do, be sure to send the link of your edited post to our Pinterest Princess, Calabaza, so your projects can be pinned to our official Nerd Games Pinterest Board.

BONUS POINTS
I want to claim Engineering Bonus Points.  What do I have to do?
Engineering Bonus Points can be claimed for a project when you provide a new related recipe, pattern, or tutorial on Craftster.  While it is only specifically necessary to provide the pattern/tutorial/recipe in the Nerd Games thread, you are encouraged to create a post for your project containing photos and your recipe/pattern/tutorial on the appropriate Craftster Board (and provide a link to that post when you submit your project in this thread).  This will allow more members of the community, outside of the Craftalong, to benefit from your work.  Each recipe, pattern, or tutorial you provide may only be submitted for Engineering Bonus Points one time.

I want to claim Giver Bonus Points.  What is considered a "charity?"
Giver Bonus Points may be claimed for projects that are made for organized charities, nonprofits, or groups that assist others in need (items made for fundraisers are acceptable).  Making something for someone specifically in need is definitely in the Giver spirit and eligible for bonus points, but just doing something nice for someone you know, or making something for a friend does not meet the Giver criteria (though those are great reasons to craft, too!).  Please let us know the organization/cause your projects are made for when you post and claim Giver Bonus Points.

I want to claim Community Bonus Points.  What do I have to do?
You may claim Community Bonus Points when you create a post for your project in the appropriate Craftster board.  In that post you must include three photographs of your project.  One of the photographs must be a progress/process shot of your project.  You must then provide a link to that thread when you submit your project to the Nerd Games.

I want to claim UFO Bonus Points.  What types of projects are considered WIPs/UFOs?
WIPs/UFOs are projects that you have already started but put aside for some reason or another.  Maybe you lost steam or got distracted, or maybe you ran out of an item you needed.  WIPs/UFOs might also be projects that you specifically bought supplies for, but never got around to making.  Simply using up a supply you've had for a while is not a WIP/UFO, unless that supply was bought specifically for that project.  If a project takes a week or more of steady effort, it might also be considered a WIP/UFO.  Please make sure your project fits one of the outlined conditions when you claim UFO Sighting Bonus Points.  If you need help determining whether or not your project is a WIP/UFO, post a description of your item/situation in the Discussion thread.

What if I need to modify a post to add Bonus Points after the fact?
If you ever go back and modify an entry to add Bonus Points, please make it known in this thread by posting a link to your modified post and describing what you did, OR PM the info to Tanath and LovelyMiss to make sure you are credited with the proper points.

BADGES & AWARDS
How do I get the badge images to show up in my Craftster profile?
Just upload the badge image under My Picture Hosting.  Once it's uploaded, you will have two options, "Copy and paste this into your Craftster post," or "To show a small linked thumbnail instead, copy and paste this."  Copy the thumbnail link and paste it under the "Brief Bio" section on your profile.  That's it!

Where is the ______ badge? It's not showing up in the Badge Center.
Badges are revealed the first time a project is submitted for a particular prompt or opportunity.  Badges are posted/revealed once or twice a week throughout the season, so it may take a few days once the project has been posted.  Battle Roayle badges are posted during the following month, once the winner of the Battle has been determined.

What and when is the Award Ceremony?
At the end of each season special awards are given for different accomplishments.  That process is called the Award Ceremony.  The Award Ceremony is usually posted within 5-10 days after a season ends.

How do I earn the Golden, Diamond, and Platinum Nerd Awards?
Golden, Diamond, and Platinum Nerd Awards are awarded based on the total number of projects submitted to all rounds of the Nerd Games/Battles, starting with the inaugural round in Summer 2013.  Each of the awards is only presented to players one time, during the season when they reach the landmark number of projects (50, 75, 100, respectively).  Additionally, the Double Diamond Nerd Award is given for 150 projects, and the Double Platinum Nerd Award for 200.

What are medals?
Medals are extra awards that are available during the Summer round of the Nerdalong only.  All earned Medals are awarded at the end of the season during the Award Ceremony.

OTHER
Do I have to sign-up to play?
No.  The only thing you have to do is start posting projects!  See the "How to join the Nerd Battles" section in the post above for more information.

How are monthly themes or prompts chosen?
Most themes are submitted by players to LovelyMiss via PM.  If you have any ideas, please feel free to send them along.  Themes are then assigned to each month in a season, with "harder" themes in the earlier month(s), and "easier" themes in the later month(s).  This is so there is maximum time to think and craft on prompts that might require a little more creativity to fulfill.  Themes are selected for each season based on a lot of things, including the number of times it has been suggested, the creativity of the theme, available prompt ideas to fit within the theme, and even the particular season (for instance, winter themes in winter rounds).

What are Raffles, and how do I earn tickets?
Raffles are drawings that will take place at the end of the some seasons the Nerd Battles.  You can earn Raffle tickets by completing prompts or Research Projects.  At the end of the season you will be awarded your tickets and have the chance to enter them into the prize drawings of your choice.

I've heard Nerd Battles and Nerd Games.  Are they different?
In short, no.  Technically the Nerd Games happen during the Summer, and Nerd Battles in Fall, Winter, and Spring, but they all fall under the Nerd Games umbrella and are used interchangeably.

What if I have a problem or questions?
If you have an issue or question feel free to contact the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss.  If you have a general question about the Nerd Games, you might want to head over the the Discussion Board.  We have wonderfully friendly and helpful players who would love to share their wisdom!

---Nerd News Updates---
Updates are issued periodically to announce new features, or provide players with information about the Nerd Battles/Games.  All updates issued during the current season can be found below.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015 10:06:07 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015 06:58:32 PM »

---Prompt Palace---
You are welcome to craft for any, all, or none of these prompts.  Remember, they are just here to help get your crafty juices flowing!

All prompts listed in this post are eligible to receive 10 Giver Bonus Points (if the project is for charity), 10 Engineering Bonus points (if the project includes a new tutorial, pattern, or recipe), 10 Community Bonus Points (if project is given its own thread with at least 3 photos, one of which is a progress/process shot), and 10 UFO Sighting Bonus Points (if the project is a work-in-progress/un-finished object).  More than one set of Bonus Points may be claimed if the project meets the necessary requirements of each.  Certain prompts may also have their own unique Bonus Point opportunities, which are in addition to Giver, Engineering, Community, and UFO Sighting Bonus Points.

All projects submitted for prompts must take at least 30 minutes to craft.

Battle Royale
Choose a side and craft a project to represent your choice.  Must be completed within the month of issue.  Players may only submit one project per month/Battle.  Battle Royale prompts are worth 20 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.

CLOSED: June:  Creepy vs. Cute

CLOSED: July:  Robots vs. Aliens

August:  Rainbow vs. Monochrome

Challenges
You may complete challenges at any time during the season (for example, September prompts may be submitted in October or November), but you may only submit each prompt one time.  Challenge prompts are worth 20 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.

--June: Welcome to the Big Top--
Ring Master.  Make an item that has a lot of flair, or that is inspired by rings/circles.
Tattooed Man.  Craft an item that contains an illustration or utilizes printed materials.
Clowns.  Craft an item that contains at least two different patterns.
Tightrope Walkers.  Craft an item inspired by something you would find the in the sky or up high.
Sword Swallower.  Used a technique that once intimidated you, or craft something inspired by the idea of sharpness.

--July: Outer Space--
Spiral Galaxy.  Craft something that has arms, or an item that is inspired by spirals.
Dark matter.  Craft an item that has a hidden component or supply, or some aspect that is not easily seen.
Orion Nebula.  Craft an item inspired by beautiful nebula clouds.
In orbit.  Craft an item that has an add-on, extra item, or an included accessory.
Starstuff.  Craft an item inspired by stars, scientists, or life in the universe.

--August: Colors--
Red.  Craft something red, or something that you're passionate about.
Yellow.  Craft something yellow, or something that evokes happiness.
Green.  Craft something green, or something so awesome it will make others jealous.
Blue.  Craft something blue, or something that is cool or calming.
Purple.  Craft something purple, or something that seems rich or regal.

UFO Sighting

As a UFO Investigator, you are tasked with grabbing your gear anytime a UFO is spotted.  This may mean long nights, so better take along a project or two to entertain you while you wait.  Remember, your job is to take a picture of a completed UFO (aka Un-Finished Object) and report back to headquarters.  Good luck!  The truth is out there.

UFOs can be projects that you just haven't quite finished or projects that you bought all the supplies for but never got around to actually making.  If possible, post before and after pics in the thread.  The UFO Sighting prompt may be completed at any time during the season.  The UFO prompt is worth 20 points and is eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.  Be sure to claim UFO Sighting Bonus Points on your UFO prompt submission!

1948: The Green Fireballs.  Unidentified objects were reported over several United States Military bases, and witnessed by many, including experienced pilots.   Earn 10 extra bonus points if your WIP contains something reused, repurposed, or recycled.  Dont forget to claim UFO Bonus Points when you turn in this prompt!  

Team Spirit
We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you?!

You may complete Team Spirit prompts at any time during the season, but you may only submit each prompt one time.  All players are eligible to complete all Team Spirit prompts, regardless of team.  Team Spirit prompts are worth 20 points each for the player who completes them, and 5 points each for the Team they represent.  If players complete the Team Spirit prompt for their own team they will receive 10 extra Bonus Points for that project.  Team Spirit projects are eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.

Team Textbook: Craft an item that shows Team Spirit for Team Textbook.  Will it be something red, something science or math-y, something made out of an actual textbook?  Describe how your item is in the Textbook spirit when you submit your project.

Team Multimedia: Craft an item that shows Team Spirit for Team Multimedia.  Will it be something green, something inspired by your favorite song, something made from old DVD cases?  Describe how your item is in the Multimedia spirit when you submit your project.

Team Wordy: Craft an item that shows Team Spirit for Team Wordy.  Will it be something blue, something based on your favorite book, something using cool fonts?  Describe how your item is in the Wordy spirit when you submit your project.

Team Fandom: Craft an item that shows Team Spirit for Team Fandom.  Will it be something purple, something representing your love of anime, something made from Con swag?  Describe how your item is in the Fandom spirit when you submit your project.

Team Randomizer: Craft an item that shows Team Spirit for Team Randomizer.  Will it be something orange, something weird or unique, something based on an inside joke?  Describe how your item is in the Randomizer spirit when you submit your project.

RED ALERT!
From time to time a special alert prompt may be issued and must be completed in the time frame indicated.  Each alert prompt may only be submitted one time.  Alert prompts are worth 20 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.

Moon Day.  July 20th celebrates the first time man set foot on the moon.  Craft an item inspired by our natural satellite, Luna, or our world's space programs. Due by the end of the Games on August 31, 2015.

CLOSED: Nerd Pride.  Craft an item that shows your nerd pride using your best crafting skills.  Due by the end of the day (11:59 pm, central time) on July 31, 2015.
THIS OFFER HAS ENDED.  Players who joined the Nerd Games prior to July 1, 2015 (or who have participated in at least three previous seasons) who complete the Nerd Pride RED ALERT are eligible to receive a Summer Nerd Games tshirt. (Check this list to see if you are eligible.)  In order to claim your tshirt, you MUST PM ME (LovelyMiss) with the following form AFTER you submit your project.  I ABSOLUTELY MUST receive all PMs by the end of the day (11:59 pm, central time) on July 31, 2015.  If you do not PM me with the completed form by that time, you will NOT receive a Nerd Games tshirt.  There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.  (Tshirts will be mailed by the end of August.)

--T-shirt Claim Form--
Link to eligible project:
Real name and mailing address:
Tshirt size (S-XL):

***For sizing information see this post.***

Non-Prompt Crafting Opportunities
THESE ARE NOT PROMPTS but are additional ways you may submit projects to the Nerd Games.  A project may only be turned in one time, regardless of how or when it is submitted.  If you submit a project for an above prompt you may not submit it for these opportunities, and vice versa.

Brownie Points Projects:  Items crafted for charity that are not submitted under prompts or other crafting opportunities.  Brownie Points Projects are worth 10 points, and are eligible for all available Bonus Points.  There is no limit to the number of Brownie Points Projects you may submit each season.  Projects must take at least 30 minutes of crafting time to complete.

Free-Range Crafting:  Any project that you do not turn in under prompts or other crafting opportunities.  Free-Range projects are worth 20 points each and are eligible to claim all available Bonus Points.  You may submit up to TWO Free-Range projects each season.  Free-Range projects can be anything you want, but must take at least 30 minutes to craft.

Big Time Projects:  Any project that you do not turn in under a prompt or other crafting opportunity that takes at least FIVE HOURS to complete.  Big Time projects are worth 50 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Points.  You may turn in up to THREE Big Time projects per season.

Zaps:  Any projects that take fewer than 30 minutes to complete, and therefore cannot be turned in for any prompts or other crafting opportunities in the Nerd Games.  Zaps are worth 5 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Points.  You may turn in up to FIVE Zaps per season.

Bonus Raffle Ticket Opportunities:
Thank you to bunny1kenobi for these special events!

THESE ARE NOT ADDITIONAL PROMPTS, but opportunities that can be completed by submitting projects for the above prompts.

Friendship Day is August 2!  Until the end of the Games, if you submit a project made for or inspired by a friend, you are eligible to earn one bonus Raffle ticket.  (You may only earn one extra ticket total from this opportunity).  In order to earn the extra ticket you must clearly mark your submission I'M FRIENDLY in the Description section of the Completed Project Header.

Thrift Shop Day is August 17!  Until the end of the Games, if you submit a project made from a thrift shop find (garage sales and donated/free items are fine, too) you are eligible to earn one bonus Raffle Ticket.  (You may only earn one extra ticket total from this opportunity).  In order to earn the extra ticket you must clearly mark your submission THRIFTY in the Description section of the Completed Project Header. Hint: If you haven't turned in a UFO prompt project yet, this might make a good combo!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015 08:29:02 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015 06:59:00 PM »

---Research Project Lab---
Research Projects are self-directed projects, similar to independent study.  They are more time-consuming than normal prompts, and are meant to be a personal challenge to the player.  Research Projects must take a minimum of three weeks to complete.

Research Projects are worth 100 points, and are eligible for 10 Giver Bonus Points (if the project is for charity), 10 Community Bonus Points (if the project is given it's own thread that contains at least three photos, one of which is a progress/process shot), and 10 Engineering Bonus Points (if the project includes a new tutorial, pattern, or recipe).  More than one set of Bonus Points may be claimed if the project meets the necessary requirements of each.  Research Projects are NOT eligible to claim UFO Sighting Bonus Points.

---RESEARCH PROJECT QUICK GUIDE ---
1. Select what project you would like to complete.  You may have two Research Projects going at a time.
2. Propose what you plan on doing for your Research Project.  Using the Research Project Proposal Header below, post your proposal in this thread, or PM it to the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss.
3. Begin your project.  Feel free to add progress pics in the Discussion thread as you work on your project(s).
4. Once your project is complete, use the Research Project Submission Header below, and post a picture of your project in this thread.
---GOOD LUCK!---

--RESEARCH PROJECT PROPOSAL HEADER--
Use this header when proposing a Research Project.

Research Project Name:
Team:
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, patterns/techniques used, materials, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

--RESEARCH PROJECT SUBMISSION HEADER--
Use this header when turning in a completed Research Project.

Research Project Name:
Team:
Event:
Bonus Points: (include which Bonus Points you think you've earned - Giver, Engineering, Community, or N/A)
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:

---RESEARCH PROJECT FAQ---
How do I do a Research Project?
Research Projects must be proposed before you begin so Gamemakers can keep track of your progress and offer encouragement along the way.  Use the Research Project Proposal Header, available below, to propose your project in this thread.  If your project is a surprise, such as a swap item, you may PM your proposal to the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss.  Include relevant information in your proposal, such as materials, plan of action, and a timeline of how your project will fulfill the three week crafting requirement.  You may post progress photos in the Discussion thread, but it is not a requirement.

Once your Research Project is complete, you will turn it in using the Research Project Submission Header, available below.  Give details and provide at least one photo of your completed Research Project in your post.  Research Projects should be submitted in this thread.

How long do Research Projects have to take?
Speed and difficulty are very subjective and unique to each individual.  There is no set number of hours that you must put into a Research Project, but it needs to be in the works for at least three weeks, and be a personal challenge to you.

Your crafting time begins when you submit your proposal.  Three weeks from that date is the earliest you would be able to turn in your Research Project.  Research Projects can take longer than three weeks.  Any unfinished Research Projects at the end of the season will carry over to the next round of the Nerd Battles/Games.

What if I finish early?
Research Projects that do not take the allotted three week time limit will not be counted as complete.  If you finish earlier than expected, craft an additional items(s) that corresponds to your Research Project.  Add a note when you turn in your project that you finished early, and include details about your additional crafting.

How do I choose a Research Project?
A Research Project can be anything that will be a personal challenge to you and that takes at least three weeks of crafting time. If you decide to change or abandon your Research Project, notify the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss, and your proposal will be deleted from the records.  Each player may have two Research Projects proposed at a time.  If you want to propose a new Research Project, you must make sure one of your slots is free, either by completing or deleting a proposal.

Can I propose a work-in-progress as a Research Project?
Yes, as long as you have at least three weeks of crafting time left to go on the project before it is finished.  You should include WIP status and timeline information when you fill out the Research Project Proposal Header to demonstrate that your project requires at least three more weeks of work to be complete.

Can I have multiple Research Projects?  
You may have two Research Project going at a time.  If you decide to change or abandon a Research Project, notify the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss, and your proposal will be deleted from the records.  Once a Research Project is completed or deleted, you may propose another, up to two total.

When can I propose a Research Project?  When are Research Projects due?
You may propose a Research Project at any time during the season. Your crafting time begins when you submit your proposal.  Three weeks from that date is the earliest you would be able to turn in your Research Project.  Research Projects can take longer than three weeks.  Any unfinished Research Projects at the end of the season will carry over to the next round of the Nerd Battles/Games.

How many points are Research Projects worth?
Reseach Projects will earn 100 points.  Research Projects are also eligible to earn Engineering, Giver, and Community Bonus Points.  Research Projects are NOT eligible for UFO Bonus Points.  Research Projects are separate from the normal Challenge/Battle/UFO/Team Spirit/Red Alert prompts.  In most cases it is not permissible to "double dip" on individual Research Project elements, so anything included in a Research Project cannot also be turned in for a Nerd Games prompt or other crafting opportunity.

---RESEARCH PROJECT PROPOSALS---
***NOTE:  As of June 1, 2015, if a player has not been active since the Fall 2013 Nerd Games, their Research Project has been removed from this displayed list.  The Research Project is still technically "on file," if players would like to return to them at a future date when they re-join the Games.  This is only to help manage the length of this post, and does not mean we don't want to see those finished projects!***

---Algeera: The Never Ending Dragon, April 21, 2015

---Ankhored: Dolls House Display Shelf, September 4, 2014

---BadWolf314: Creeper Throw, October 6, 2014

---calliemae: Eagle Rug, August 23, 2014

---coulsenl: Picnic Basket Play Set, December 8, 2013

---craftADDchick: Grandmother's Cutting Garden Quilt, November 9, 2014
---craftADDchick: Free Motion Jelly Roll Quilt, August, 13, 2015

---elliot_anne: "I eat You" Book, May 22, 2013
---elliot_anne: Hexie Quilt, June 9, 2015

---Ezri_B: dude lapghan, September 3, 2014

---FreakieGeekie: Black/Red Mana Blanket, February 14, 2015

---gozer: Seven Scrappy Scarves, April 14, 2015
---gozer: Ghastlies Purse with added zipper closure, July 14, 2015

---Inselaeffchen: Stitch-cation, July 2, 2014

---Krafty_Karasu: Maryilyn Manson cross stitch, June 8, 2014

---LovelyMiss:  Fabric organization, April 19, 2015

---Ludi: Bright and Shiny Kitchen, June 1, 2015

---mama24boyz: Zelda (maybe Mario too) Teesha Moore bag, June 2, 2013

---pishaw13: African Flower Afghan, August 16, 2015

---puzzled-penguin: Harry Potter Pillow Sampler, July 11, 2015

---rockingbearranch: TV Credenza, April 15, 2015
---rockingbearranch: Craft room redux, August 28, 2015

---roler: TM Patch Sewing Machine Cover, March 9, 2015
---roler: KanJani8 Concert Bag, June 1, 2015

---samash90: Altered Book, March 20, 2014

---Smeddley: Odd-n-Ends knitted rug, April 19, 2015
---Smeddley: Sophie's Universe Afghan, July 12, 2015

---smileyyogini: Teesha Moore Patch Tote/Purse, June 20, 2013

---storerboughtcreations: Grocery food play set, February 6, 2015

---Tanath: Build a Time Machine, March 8, 2014

---trinalocakary: Craft Witch Alter, March 11, 2015

---vincentvanbuck: Stockings for Friends, December 24, 2014

---COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS---

---pishaw13: Crochet Checkerboard Textured Throw, June 3, 2015
---Mountains and Clouds: Coloring Book for all, June 7, 2015
---Smeddley: With an Untangled Skein - yarn organization, July 12, 2015
---puzzled-penguin: Comic Con Cosplay, July 22, 2015
---Calabaza: Agent Carter costume, August 23, 2015
---pishaw13: Blocks and Stripes Quilt, August 26, 2015
---Calabaza: article of clothing, August 28, 2015
---Ludi: Laundry Room Renovation, August 30, 2015
---LovelyMiss: Nerd Games t-shirts, August 31, 2015
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015 11:55:39 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015 07:00:30 PM »

---Badge Center---
You may claim your badges when you submit completed projects for the corresponding prompts.

Special thanks to our Badge Creator, bunny1kenobi!

--Battle Royales--
--June--

--July--

--August--

--Challenges--
--June: Welcome to the Big Top--

--July: Outer Space--

--August: Colors--

--UFO--
--Summer 2015--

--Team Spirit--

--Special--
--RED ALERT: Nerd Pride--

--Non-Prompt Crafting--
--Free-Range Crafting--

--Big Time--

--Zaps--

--Unlocked Achievements--
Achievement badges may be earned at any point throughout the season.  So, for example, if you complete the Battle Royale in June, but don't get the June Challenges done until August, you may still claim the June Achiever badge when all of the relevant prompts are finished.

--June Achiever--
Complete all available prompts for the month of June (Battle Royale, and five Challenges).

--July Achiever--
Complete all available prompts for the month of July (Battle Royale, and five Challenges).

--August Achiever--
Complete all available prompts for the month of August (Battle Royale, and five Challenges).

--Team Spirit Achiever--
Complete all available Team Spirit prompts (Textbook, Multimedia, Wordy, Fandom, Randomizer).

--Battle Veteran--
Complete all available Battle Royale prompts (June, July, August).

--Challenge Prompts Master--
Complete all available Challenge prompts (five each for June, July, August).

--Over Achiever--
Complete all available prompts (26 total: three Battle Roayles, 15 Challenges, one UFO, five Team Spirit, two RED ALERTS).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016 07:33:54 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015 07:01:27 PM »

---Know Your Nerds---
Ever want to know a little bit more about some of your fellow Nerds?  Each month one Nerd Games player will be invited to answer a few questions about themselves and their Nerd Games experience.

--August--
Know Your Nerds: Ludi
Has played for: Team Fandom, Team Wordy, Team That Goes Bump in the Night
First Nerdalong project: It is the Beating of his Hideous Heart!

Masquerade:

What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Homo sapiens sapiens.

Prunesquallor, appreciating:

What are your biggest Nerdoms?
Spooky, Embroidery, and Nature.  Spooky is a broad category which contains my sub-fandoms of Gormenghast, HP Lovecraft, and Spooky Old Movies.  I have my own particular personal fandom of Ernest Thesiger, who, remarkably, fits into the nerdoms of Embroidery, Gormenghast, and of course Spooky Old Movies.

The Room of Roots:

What made you decide to join the Nerd Games?
I think Im such a huge nerd about some things, I just had to.  Also I wanted to be challenged by unusual crafty inspiration, which the prompts have certainly done.  I think Ive grown tremendously as a craftsperson thanks to the Nerd Games.

A Morbid Acuteness of the Senses:

What do you like most about crafting?
Becoming immersed in the process of design and creation.

Royal Mutant Victoria:

Is there a new technique, medium, or crafting skill you would like to learn?
I would like to make very large outdoor sculptures from paper mache. 

A Sunflower in Gormenghast:

What are some of your favorite projects that you have submitted to the Nerd Games?
A Sunflower in Gormenghast, A Morbid Acuteness of the Senses and Masquerade are some of my favorites and theyre pretty darn nerdy.

Portrait of a Young Man and His Hen

What is one nerdy thing about you that our crafty crew may not know?
My nerdy life is pretty darn public, but  I suppose some of the Nerds might not know that I used to be a monster-maker in Hollywood and that  my name is in the credits of a bunch of mostly pretty bad 80s rubber monster movies. In the monster shops a nerd or fannish person, which was pretty much everyone really, was called a squid.

Tutorial - How to pattern foam costumes:

Thank you, Ludi!  We are all so glad you're a part of the Nerd Games!

Look for another Know Your Nerds interview next month!

--July--
Know Your Nerds: bunny1kenobi
Has played for: Team Wordy, Team Mystery Lovers
First Nerdalong project: cell phone case

HP miniature scene:

Stubborn, curious, crafty (of course)

Pandora's box:

Oh, there are sooooo many!  Archaeology and all things old Im a big-time museum nerd.   My love of steampunk kind of goes along with that, at least with the Victorian aspect of old stuff.  Ive convinced my hubby to let me redo the main bath in our house with a steampunk theme.  In all fairness I need to wait until some home repair issues have been handled, but I cant wait to start!

Along with the love of archaeology also comes a love for mythology, particularly classical mythology.

I love to read, especially sci fi, thrillers, paranormal-ish stuff.  Im a HUGE Dean Koontz fan and Ive been privileged to correspond with him.  I fangirled all over the place when he sent me a copy of one of his books about a year ago!  I also love the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters, The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, and the Pendergast books by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.  There are others, but those are some of the biggies for me.

Fairy tales are big for me too, especially if they are dark, twisted, or modernized.  Needless to say I enjoy watching Once Upon A Time.  Oh, and Grimm.

The other big one is probably miniatures.  My husband has grudgingly acknowledged that a large elaborate dollhouse is in my future, but draws the line at keeping any future grandkids out of it.  He says if Im gonna put a giant toy in my living room, Id better expect little fingers to be poking at it.  I have to admit he has a point.   Grin

Teesha Moore sewing machine cover:

I saw a link in a swap partners signature, back when the games were just beginning, and fell in love with the idea of having such wonderful inspiration in a loosely competitive format.  And then I fell in love with the lovely Nerds who play along and also provide lots of support and encouragement, not just for crafting but for life, too.  You guys rock A LOT.

Pi Quilt:

The satisfaction that comes from a job well done, and the ability to give just a little more of myself when Im making gifts for the people I care for. 

Red Riding Hood shoes:

OH, SO MANY!! If its a craft, I wanna do it.  But some of the big ones for me are stained glass, cabinetry, carving and wire wrapping.  And Id love to improve my drawing and painting skills.

Teesha Moore bag:

What are some of your favorite projects that you have submitted to the Nerd Games?
Id have to say that the TM sewing machine cover and bag (for BadWolf) that I made were the big ones for me.  But I also really liked the Red Riding Hood shoes (still need to make myself a pair of those), the Pandora's box and the miniature scenes I did recently of the HP room and the craft room.

Miniature craft room scene:

I was on the speech & debate team in high school and we were awesome!  We brought home more medals and trophies than all of my schools sports teams combined, and there were only FOUR of us.  The jocks didnt like us much.  Cant imagine why. Roll Eyes

Tshirts:

Thank you, bunny1kenobi!  We are all so glad you're a part of the Nerd Games!

--June--
Know Your Nerds: Smeddley
Has played for: Team Textbook, Team S&M (Science & Math)
First Nerdalong project: Ninja Math cross-stitch

Candy Cane Jane bellydance costume:

Stubborn, Opinionated, Slightly Odd

Up hoop:

Hmmm, see, I had to pick Team Textbook because I'm not good at classic fandoms.  My interest tends to wane with just about everything (er, even Harry Potter and Dr Who...) after awhile.  But my love of science and math has endured.  I love statistics and epidemiology and, yes, even engineering (on occasion).  I've read an impressive number of books on poisons, and my book club always says they're leery of eating my cookies...

Button and bead hoop:

I really liked the idea of the Harry Potter craftalongs, with all the cool prompts and inspiration, but, again, while I like Harry Potter, I'm not really a fangirl.  And it was complicated and intimidating... but the Nerd Games were brand new and I felt like I was getting in on the ground floor, so to speak, and I could do this thing!  I'm so glad I did, it's been an amazing amount of fun! 

Pi Day bellydance costume:

Trying new things.  I've gotten in a few ruts, making many things over and over and that wears on me.  Ditto with large projects (hence the impressive number of WIPs I have stockpiled... I get bored easily).  I also really enjoy the fact that I can take something and turn it into something else!  I'd some day like to say (with more confidence, because some of my skills are lacking), "I can turn a sheep into something to wear".  It's a post-apocalyptic life skill, really.

Button and bead hoop:

Ooooh, so many!  I do a lot of things, but there are so many more to learn.  I've only dipped my toes in quilling and spinning and tatting, I want to learn those... I want to get better at art and try new techniques... I want to try stained glass some day... I'd love to be better at woodworking... I need to use my weaving loom... I'd love to learn old, unused crafts like naalbinding... So many things!

Button and bead hoop:

Oh, goodness, that's like asking me to choose a favorite child!  (Actually, that's easy, I only have one dog...)  Probably... one of the bellydance costumes (Pi Day, or Candy Cane Jane... I don't think my Steampunk costume was a submission) or one of my hoops (Release the Quacken, Up balloon house, or one of my button and bead hoops).

Steampunk bellydance costume:

My day job is designing new roads and storm sewer systems!  Exciting stuff, I know!  I'm a civil engineer for a small municipality, I've been there for almost 17 years!  I can also write backwards in cursive.  It's an odd talent, and I have no idea why I learned it, but it's great fun when people stare at your name tag at events and try to figure it out...

Release the Quacken:

Thank you, Smeddley!  We are all so glad you're a part of the Nerd Games!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015 04:31:48 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015 07:08:02 PM »

---Nerd of the Week---
As a way to recognize our fellow nerds who demonstrate exceptional crafty prowess through their posted projects, the Gamemakers will award a special badge to selected players every few weeks during the season.

Current Nerd of the Week:
(In alphabetical order)

Inselaeffchen for her terrific HP tote.

storerboughtcreations for her captivating Crocheted Cherry Blossom Beaded Necklace.

Congratulations!  You have earned the Nerd of the Week badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

Nerd Shout-outs

Calabaza for her swell "It's Summer" Phineas and Ferb pillow.

rockingbearranch for her charming Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service Sock Animal.

Previous Nerd of the Week Recipients:

June 17, 2015
bunny1kenobi for her marvelous Miniature Scene.
Ludi for her glorious Garden Ornament.
moriarT for her splendid Rye and cucumber pickle juice bread.
puzzled-penguin for her awesome Zombie Cross-stitch.
rockingbearranch for her bada** Break Bad Apron.

July 2, 2015
Calabaza for her scrumptious Raspberry Syrup Soda.
greybird for her whimsical Wee Origami books.
pishaw13 for her brilliant Brew Bag.

July 16, 2015
gozer for her delightful Books and Cats purse.
Mountains and Clouds for her beautiful White-Rumped Shama and Red-crested Cardinal ATCs.
Smeddley for her inspirational Untangled skeins.

August 2, 2015

Nerd Shout-outs
moriarT for her incredible Circus bear hoopla.
puzzled-penguin for her wonderful Wedding jewellery set.

If there is a project or player you would like to nominate for Nerd of the Week, please PM the Head Gamemaker, LovelyMiss.  
Players are not eligible to nominate themselves or their own projects, but if there are projects you're particularly proud of, let it be known in your submission posts!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015 06:52:28 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015 07:09:15 PM »

---G3: Geeky Giver Gang---
The Nerd Battles encourage crafting for causes that speak to you!  
Anyone who crafts a project for charity during the season will be inducted into the Geeky Giver Gang.

Congratulations, members, you have earned the G3 badge!

]

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

--Members--
craftADDchick for her Everyday People hat, and her Mandala for Marinke.
LovelyMiss for her Uthando doll.

--REMEMBER--
--If you submit a prompt or Research Project for charity, you are eligible to claim Giver Bonus Points!
--If you craft a project for charity that is NOT for a prompt or Research Project, submit it as a Brownie Points Project and claim Giver Bonus Points for it, too!

Looking for places that can use your crafty skills for good?
--pinkleo put together an awesome list on the HPC S.P.E.W. thread of charities that can use your crafty donations!
--Check out Craftster's Crafting for Good and Not Evil category!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015 02:39:47 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015 07:10:14 PM »

--Medal Central--
Medals are awards that can be earned by crafting items within certain categories, or "Events."  Medals are not additional prompts, but just an opportunity for more Nerd Games involvement.

Medal Guide
--You have the opportunity to medal in up to five different Events.
--Each project you complete may be submitted under one Event only.
--For your project to qualify for an Event, fill out the Event section of the Completed Project Header when you turn in your project.
--If you complete three or more projects in a single Event, you will medal in that category.
--All medals will be given out during the end of season Award Ceremony.

If you complete:
THREE projects in the same Event you will earn a Bronze Medal.
FOUR projects in the same Event you will earn a Silver Medal.
FIVE projects in the same Event you will earn a Gold Medal.

Events
Yarnology:  Any projects that utilize yarn.

Fabricology:  Any projects that utilize fabric.

Paperology:  Any projects that utilize paper.

Foodology:  Any projects that are edible or otherwise food-inspired.

Craftology:  Woodworking, jewelry, clay, or any projects that do not fit into the other Events.

The Events do not need to be the main focus of the project, but just utilized in some way.  For example, an obvious choice for Yarnology might be a crochet project, but it might also be a project where yarn was used as doll hair, or as part of a bracelet.  Of course, many projects could fit into multiple Event categories, but you can only choose one Event for each project.

Medal Report
The numbers on the chart represent the total number of project each player has submitted for the indicated Event category.  A new chart will be released at the end of each month.
*Last updated on September 1, 2015 (morning)*

Achieved Gold Medals

Team Textbook
craftADDchick - Yarnology, Fabricology, Craftology
Smeddley - Yarnology, Fabricology, Paperology, Foodology, Craftology

Team Multimedia
Inselaeffchen - Fabricology
roler - Fabricology, Paperology
storerboughtcreations - Yarnology

Team Wordy
bunny1kenobi - Paperology, Craftology
elliot_anne - Fabricology
gozer - Fabricology, Craftology
greybird - Paperology
puzzled-penguin - Yarnology, Fabricology, Paperology, Foodology, Craftology
rockingbearranch - Fabricology, Paperology, Craftology

Team Fandom
Ludi - Fabricology, Craftology
pishaw13 - Fabricology

Team Randomizer
Calabaza - Fabricology, Foodology
LovelyMiss - Yarnology, Fabricology, Paperology, Foodology, Craftology
Mountains and Clouds - Paperology

Achieved Silver Medals

Team Multimedia
roler - Foodology

Team Randomizer
Calabaza - Craftology
moriarT - Fabricology
Mountains and Clouds - Fabricology, Craftology

Achieved Bronze Medals

Team Multimedia
DearBluebird - Paperology
hesperornis - Fabricology
Inselaeffchen - Paperology

Team Wordy
gozer - Paperology
rockingbearranch - Foodology

Team Randomizer
moriarT - Foodology

*Please note, this is list is only updated once a month.  If you see any projects missing, don't fret!  It's likely the list just hasn't been updated yet.  Additionally, our fantastic Project Tracker, Tanath, keeps a very detailed master list of every project submitted for the Nerd Games, which is used to determine final scores and any end of season awards.  This is just an informal list for players have a general idea of Nerd Games progress.*
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015 06:50:34 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015 07:15:42 PM »

---Raffle Roundup---
"Raffle" prize drawings will be held at the end of the season.  Earn tickets by submitting projects to the craftalong.
"Tickets" will be given out at the end of the season, and there will be a three day window where players can choose which Raffle drawings to enter.

--RAFFLE WINNERS LIST--

Apoxie Sculpt donated by Mountains and Clouds
WINNER:  bunny1kenobi

A Trio of Owl Felties donated by roler
WINNER:  LovelyMiss

Alice in Wonderland Coaster Set donated by puzzled-penguin
WINNER:  Smeddley

Ellie Travel Bag donated by gozer
WINNER:  pishaw13

Feathers! donated by rockingbearranch
WINNER:  Smeddley

Green Dishwashing Set donated by craftADDchick
WINNER:  roler

Monsters University Pouch Set donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  Mountains and Clouds

Purple Dishwashing Set donated by craftADDchick
WINNER:  rockingbearranch

Secret Sack of Whimsy donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  gozer

Sparkling Space Necklace donated by bunny1kenobi
WINNER:  Calabaza

Super Scrap pack donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  craftADDchick

Watercolor Note Card Set donated by greybird
WINNER:  storerboughtcreations

Instructions to claim your prize: Contact the member who donated your prize via PM by Tuesday, September 15, 2015.  If you do not contact the player who donated your prize by that date, your prize may be forfeited.  

Those who donated prizes: You will arrange shipping (and customization of the prize, where applicable) when the winner contacts you.  If you do not hear from the listed winner of the prize(s) you donated by Tuesday, September 15, 2015, please PM LovelyMiss.  You may decide if you would like another winner to be drawn, or if you would like to keep or make other arrangements for the item.

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to all who donated prizes for the Summer Raffle!

The Raffle entry period has ended.

--Ticket Table--
This is the final count of Raffle tickets awarded to each player.  If a player did not earn any Raffle tickets, their name will not appear on the list. Players earned ONE Raffle ticket for participating, ONE ticket for every FIVE projects submitted, TWO tickets for each Research Project completed, ONE ticket for each Giver Bonus claimed, ONE ticket for each Gold Medal earned, and ONE ticket if Medals (of any level) were earned in three or more categories.

***IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR FINAL TICKET COUNT, PLEASE PM LovelyMiss IMMEDIATELY!***

--Spend Your Tickets--
--By September 2, 2015 a list of players and the number of Raffle ticket entries they have earned will be posted.
--Using the form below, PM your Raffle entries to LovelyMiss by 11:59 pm central time on September 5, 2015.
--You may enter up to FIVE Raffle tickets into each prize drawing.  If you enter more than FIVE tickets into the same drawing, any entries above five will be disregarded, and you will not have the chance to enter them into other drawings.
--Raffle drawings will take place on September 6, 2015, and winners will be announced the same day.
--Prizes will be sent directly from the player that donated them.  WINNERS must contact the person that donated their prize in order to provide shipping and other necessary information.  If you do not claim your prize by contacting the person who donated it by September 15, 2015 your prize may be forfeited.

RAFFLE ENTRY FORM
Indicate the number of tickets you wish to enter into each Raffle drawing.

Apoxie Sculpt  (Number of Entries = _____ )
A Trio of Owl Felties  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Alice in Wonderland Coaster Set  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Ellie Travel Bag  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Feathers!  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Green Dishwashing Set  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Monsters University Pouch Set  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Purple Dishwashing Set  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Secret Sack of Whimsy  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Sparkling Space Necklace  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Super Scrap Pack  (Number of Entries = _____ )
Watercolor Note Card Set  (Number of Entries = _____ )

**PM your completed Raffle Form to LovelyMiss by September 5, 2015.**

--Raffle Prizes--

Apoxie Sculpt
Donated by Mountains and Clouds

Description: A new set  of Apoxie Sculpt (8 oz. each of A and B Apoxie Sculpt=one pound total).  They have been taken out of the shrink wrap, but never actually opened.

WINNER: bunny1kenobi

A Trio of Owl Felties
Donated by roler

Description: A delightfully cute set of three owls, custom made to your color and pattern preferences (photo for reference only).  You may also request a loop for hanging, pin back, or add your own magnets.  

WINNER: LovelyMiss

Alice in Wonderland Coaster Set
Donated by puzzled-penguin

Description: A set of three kumihimo braided coasters inspired by Alice, the Queen of Hearts, and the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

WINNER: Smeddley

Ellie Travel Bag
Donated by gozer

Description: A beautiful linen bag featuring butterfly and birdcage print fabric.

WINNER: pishaw13

Feathers!
Donated by rockingbearranch

Description:  These are all organically raised, free range, well loved, humane, poultry feathers. No cancer causing neuro-toxic chemicals are used. I sometimes wash them in Dr Bronners lavender soap and may add Burt's Bees baby powder to their storage bag to prevent mites. These cannot ship international. I will send you an embroidery of a feather as an alternative.

WINNER: Smeddley

Green Dishwashing Set
Donated by craftADDchick

Description: Conduct your kitchen business in style with this dishwashing set featuring a dishtowel, a crocheted (linen stitch) dishcloth, and a crocheted tulle dish scrubbie.

WINNER: roler

Monsters University Pouch Set
Donated by LovelyMiss

Description: Two coin/card purses featuring Sulley and Mike Wazowski.

WINNER: Mountains and Clouds

Purple Dishwashing Set
Donated by craftADDchick

Description: Conduct your kitchen business in style with this dishwashing set featuring a dishtowel, a crocheted (linen stitch) dishcloth, and a crocheted tulle dish scrubbie.

WINNER: rockingbearranch

Secret Sack of Whimsy
Donated by LovelyMiss

Description:  You will receive a small sack full 80+ different pieces of whimsy.

WINNER: gozer

Sparkling Space Necklace
Donated by bunny1kenobi

Description:  Show off some space love with this beautiful nebula inspired necklace.

WINNER: Calabaza

Super Scrap Pack
Donated by LovelyMiss

Description: Over 80 different cotton fabrics to use in your Teesha Moore or other scrappy projects.  The sizes vary widely; some pieces could make several TM patches, while others could only make one.

WINNER: craftADDchick

Watercolor Note Card Set
Donated by greybird

Description: Set of 6 watercolor cards with envelopes.  These are watercolor paintings (not prints/photos) on cream colored notecards with a matching cream envelope.  Cards measure 4" x 5.5".

WINNER: storerboughtcreations

--Donate a Prize--
Anyone is free to donate a prize for the end of season Raffle.
--Prize items should have a minimum value of about $7-10.
--Prize items may need to be shipped internationally, so take that into consideration when choosing or crafting your prize items.
--Prizes may be crafted items, supplies, or other craft related goods.
--Submit a photo (link) and description of your prize donation to LovelyMiss via PM by the end of the day on Wednesday, August 26, 2015.

--Earn Tickets--

--Each active player this season will automatically earn ONE Raffle ticket.
--For every FIVE projects you submit, you will earn ONE Raffle ticket.
--Completed Research Projects will earn TWO tickets each.  
--Achieved Gold Medals will earn ONE ticket each.
--If you earn a Medal (of any level) in three or more categories, you will earn ONE ticket.
--Any project that claims Giver Bonus Points will earn ONE ticket.
--TICKET SPECIAL: Complete the Friendship Day or Thrift Shop Day bonus opportunities to earn one ticket each.  See the Prompt Palace for more details.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015 10:27:28 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...