A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
338 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Welcome To Night Vale Swap  (Read 9338 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Zalphinian
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015 08:33:32 PM »

I've gotten my package from Zalphinian today Smiley

She decorated a huge tote with one of my favorite quotes that I already used tonight as a project bag as soon as I got home and opened it and then ran off to coffee. She also sent two flour sack towels so that I can proclaim my love for Night Vale in the kitchen or at tea Smiley

Yay! So glad you like the items!

mousee23 - Love the reversible apron and that scarf is just gorgeous. :-)

Bakeneko - That microphone is so cool! Mousee23 is a very lucky lady. Same goes with the awesome Hiram shirt.

Bethimusprime - Good job kid. :-P

Teaandcraft - So many neat things! Those big Rico earrings are just too cute. :-)

SilverMoon - Oh my goodness, but I love that Hiram statue! It would be a nightmare to keep my cat away from it, but it does look neat.

dontneedaclassroom - I think my favorite part of all of that is the outline of the deer. :-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer is 42.
Bakeneko
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015 07:54:22 AM »

mousee23- I am glad you like them.  Mr. Bakeneko has requested I make him a Hyrum McDaniels shirt now. The pendant is the thing I was afraid was going to explode.  This was the riskiest swap I have ever done. I designed the pendent and spent a week building it, because I am still learning how to work with metal clay. I have had a couple of pieces explode or blister in the kiln with this type of clay, steel copper alloy. I put it in the kiln and thought This is either going to be awesome or ruined and I have no back-up plan and no time to make another.  Definitely swap anxiety.
I love the apron. When I use it will hooded figure appear? The stitching is very nice. I did not even know finger knitting was a thing. It will get awesome this fall.  Thank you so much for a great swap.

bethimusprime The plates are lovely. How did you make the headbands?

teaandcraft- The 3d art canvas is a very creative swap item.  The details are charming.

SilverMoon- I am always very impressed with knitting, especially wire knitting which should be impossible, the Hyrum McDaniels is incredible.

Dontneedaclassroom- the Psychological Association Dream Journal is so splendidly metaphysical

Zalphinian The tote and the tea towel are splendid and a great way to incorporate night vale into every aspect of life, even tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015 08:10:22 AM »

bethimusprime The plates are lovely. How did you make the headbands?

Thanks! I followed this guide for making the headband: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/repurposing-tshirts-into-5-strand-braided-headbands.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MakeItAndLoveIt+%28Make+It+and+Love+It%29

Basically, just do a 5-strain braid of a cut up t-shirt and sew the ends together. My biggest tip would be to tape the end to something while you braid or ask someone to hold it for you so you can keep tension! I kept trying to braid without that, and I had all kinds of problems at the start. I finally ended up bugging my husband into holding one end while I braided the rest Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Robin: Uh... H.G. Wells?
Bakeneko
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015 04:32:32 PM »

bethimusprime - thank for shareing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lolaforpresident

All you need is yarn

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015 08:30:05 PM »

Good evening, listeners.

I have been looking at all of these wonderful items being posted on our swap message board and I am just so excited and so amazed that all of these things are possible. The overwhelming amount of creativity and skill is really making me start to doubt myself. At least I think it is doubt that is making my body start to go transparent. Maybe it actually has more to do with this "Daily Curses for Radio Hosts" book I found under my desk. It looks like intern Maureen has been leaving her things lying around again. Oh Maureen.

As wonderful as all of these swap items are, I can't help but worry that some of you may turn green with envy... literally. You see, my swap package comes with a mystery. I received from Sylvan today, and I have to tell you I was practically blown away. Since this is not radio, I am able to present to you, The Lights in Radon Canyon:

They even light up. In a mysterious pattern. I have yet to ascertain what this means, but I have been sent a morse code alphabet as a clue. Hmm. This is truly amazing.

As if this weren't enough, I also have a WTNV t-shirt of my very own. I am so happy to be able to show off my Night Vale pride.

Sylvan: I really, really hope you like my package half as much as I like yours. It is seriously the best thing I have ever received in the mail. It is blinking it's mysteries to me as I type this. I don't know how I can repay you. However, if you are looking for an unpaid internship, we have a recent opening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bakeneko
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015 05:10:17 PM »

oh Sylvan programing more code in to a craft very clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015 11:06:57 AM »

My goodies from Alchamy513!
A bag, that I love to bits. It's hard to tell in the photos I took, but each fabric color in the eye is patterned, and the cool lining is more purple, it tends to photograph blue.

A scarf!

It's warm and soft and I like the pattern! And there's also two Night Vale eyes carved out of a hard white plastic. I'm not sure what to do with them, but they're very cool.
Thanks, Alchamy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.instagram.com/studioltd/?hl=en
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2414679
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
Sylvan
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015 12:07:48 PM »

I'm glad you like it Lola! This was a special challenge for me, but once I got the idea, it had to be done. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015 01:17:46 PM »

I'm glad you like it! The eyes are 3D printed, my husband printed them but we never ended up painting them so I figured I'd send them along anyway.

Now I get to show off my awesome package from bookstorebabe. She spoiled me! (I apologize for the not so great photos, my camera is MIA so we used my husbands phone...)

First, the whole thing:

My favorite part, a Khoshekh plush! He is adorable!

The spikes are very spikey

Awesome Erika collage:

(Much cooler IRL, I'll have to look harder for my camera to show it off in all its glory)

Bookmarks, 2 of them. They are super shiny

(Not sure why this one is sideways...)
And the back:

I also got this gorgeous necklace:

And finally, intern shirts for me and my husband:

You mentioned they need a little touching up but I think they're pretty awesome already!

As you can see we were very spoiled! Thank you so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015 01:43:39 PM »

I'm glad you both liked the goodies! Thus has been such a great swap. I don't know what I'll do with the nifty eyes after I  paint them, but I'll think of something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.instagram.com/studioltd/?hl=en
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2414679
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...