A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Memento of a Memory of a Moment: A Poseable Me  (Read 4997 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_108_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 15, 2015 04:42:58 PM »

When I first read this challenge, I immediately remembered what it felt like to get a ticket to one of the last three seats at the Macklemore and Ryan Lewis 2013 World Tour in Seattle.  It was about 1AM and I couldn't sleep, so I was just looking at stuff about Mack and Ryan.  One of the sites was the tour dates of the 2013 tour.  I saw that it said tickets were still available in Seattle.  I clicked it and it sent me immediately to Ticketmaster.  I was able to buy my ticket within minutes of learning about the concert.  Not like the old days where you had to trudge down to the building to buy tickets.  I wanted to make an entry that expressed how I felt when I got my ticket so quickly and and knew I was going to that concert.  And here it is Grin

I chose the body paper from a roll of wrapping paper I bought at Archie McPhee's in Seattle.  I went there that day too.  The ball shapes reminded me of the Dale Chihuly museum that I visited that day as well.  It also reminded me of all the lights at the show.  The tiger legs reminded me of Macklemore.  They have a tiger on the tour poster too.  I used doll hands and feet.  I repainted the doll feet to look like my FAVO dancing Mary Janes.

I used the QR code for the Canadian Ticketmaster site for a bit of a string pull.

I found a picture in a magazine of a little girl who's head was the size I was looking for...then noticed she looked a bit like me when I was wee.  I thought that was cool as I felt like a little kid from the time I got the ticket till well after the concert.  I made my hair from wool flat cord and springs.  My second set of teeth (the ones not on the girls face) are glow in the dark duct tape.  I needed two sets of teeth since I couldn't stop smiling for 3 months Grin

I did have some craft fails happen.  I was trying to make a dancing doll, where you pull the QR code and the arms wave up and down.  The foam core I used did not like this idea.  I then tried some metal springs to get some movement into things...but they stretched......I even cut a straw to act as a spring...but well...another fail...So I just moved on to the poseable doll Grin

I finished it off by gluing a few glow resin bits I had made before onto a large plastic upholstery pin to make a little star with wings.  A cute symbol to remind me of a wonderful experience.

Thanks for looking, and HUGE Thanks to Ticketmaster Grin
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015 05:24:28 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015 05:45:39 PM »

The google eyes are rad! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015 06:10:08 PM »

heheh Thanks KK...totally HAD to have googly eyes Grin

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015 07:46:59 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015 01:32:10 AM »

Hahahahahahahahahaha LOL!! Thanks so much for my morning laugh!  Grin

So very Suereal, even with *ONLY* 1 pair of eyes  Wink
Wild, fun and ready to rock!  Grin Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015 06:17:19 AM »

I always wondered what you looked like.... Wink. I think my favorite parts are the hands and feet.  Definitely put a smile on my face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
suereal

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015 09:04:26 AM »

Happy to get your day going in the right way Wendie Grin.  It's always a joy to make you laugh Grin

Thanks TBirdA.  I think this is my first self portrait since Uni art class assignments Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015 04:51:29 PM »

You so rock, suereal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015 05:19:49 PM »

*giggle* Why thank you pottermouth.  So do you Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015 07:46:26 AM »

I can tell just how excited you were!! Googley eyes and springey hair!! Love it Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015 09:13:31 AM »

Thanks LimeR Grin.  And yes...that is exactly how I felt about my ticket. Boing, boing boing Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...