A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
246 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny fake foods and a zombie brain  (Read 1531 times)
Tags for this thread: food , peas , pancakes , zombie , brain , fairy_bread , jammy_dodger , toast , jam  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
teaandcraft
« on: May 06, 2015 06:46:04 PM »

Here are some of the recent things I have been making with polymer clay ^___^

The peas are spheres and the pod was made from a rectangle which I gently smooshed (technical term, there) around the peas. I painted on the faces after baking ^___^

Fairy bread is an Australian dessert - it's buttered white bread with sprinkles on it. Yeah, it's a bit weird, but it's a staple of children's birthday parties! I made the slices of bread first, baked them and then added the crusts with some brown acrylic paint. The butter is cream coloured puffy paint, and the sprinkles are made from thin polymer clay sausages which I sliced finely with a scalpel.

Pancakes are really easy to make! They are just flattened spheres made from beige clay, and the butter is a tiny square of yellow clay. I baked the pancakes and the butter separately and then glued them together with the chocolate syrup, which is brown paint and dimensional magic.

The jammy dodger and the slices of toast were done mostly the same way as the fairy bread. I added crusts with brown paint after baking, and the jam is just paint. The jammy dodger is made in two parts and held together by the jam.

Lastly, I made this zombie brain. It was made with beige clay rolled into sausages and after baking I painted it with glow in the dark green paint. I think it still needs something though, what do you think? ^___^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015 12:21:41 PM »

I think the zombie brain would be cool with some pinkish/reddish paint between the squiggles. {More technical terms for you  Grin} Your food looks yummy. Very cute, indeed. Are you planning them for fridgie magnets?

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
teaandcraft
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015 07:16:09 PM »

Oh my, we are getting into the jargon over here stillatthetop! ~___^ I was thinking the brain might make a good fridge magnet, but the rest I've mostly made into jewellery. The peas are now a brooch, the pancakes are a ring, the fairy breads are sweater clips ... but I haven't done anything with the jammy dodger or the toasts yet! The jammy dodger is too small for a ring (well, for the ring backs I currently have anyway) but maybe if I find a tiny magnet it can join the brain on the fridge! ^___^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...