A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
175 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yoga/Zen/Meditation Swap (SU mar 15-31 SE May 1st)  (Read 12071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015 08:30:01 AM »

Eeep! Even with a head start I'm probably not sending until closer to May 1. Good things come to those who wait, right, Maman?? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015 12:30:30 PM »

Well, I'm still waiting on the supplies I bought on march 18th....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
ayanared
Holistic Energy Practitioner, Artist, Mommy, Wife

Mommy, Wife, Crafter

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015 11:10:10 AM »

So.... has anyone else noticed how there are barely any swaps going on these days?  Is it just a special time - or are swaps wildly unpopular?  I few years ago, there seemed to be at least 10 swaps to choose from - now there are 2!  Does it get better in the summer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living this life as fully as I can.
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015 02:26:43 PM »

I don't know. I've remarked it as well. Maybe people are tired of organizing? (it's a lot of work!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
ayanared
Holistic Energy Practitioner, Artist, Mommy, Wife

Mommy, Wife, Crafter

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015 02:57:45 PM »

I don't know. I've remarked it as well. Maybe people are tired of organizing? (it's a lot of work!)

Good point!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living this life as fully as I can.
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015 10:32:40 AM »

It IS alot of work. I started one in January and its send date was late Feb and I still have two people that havent received. And my turn out was small. I really need more swaps!

Im going nice and slow on the swaps I have right now. There has been so much rain and that just signals my brain to grab tea and take a nap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2015 11:34:01 AM »

Craftster activity in general has been down for the past year or so. The swap board definitely seems to be reflective of that. I'm not sure why activity has been declining, as I have never found a suitable substitute for the amazing Craftster community. I'm very glad that the more "hardcore" Craftsters have stuck around because I don't know what I'd do without this place!

I do think lack of those willing to organize swaps is part of the problem, too (says a long time member, never organizer)...a lot of ideas proposed never seem to make it to fruition, even when there seems to be a lot of interest.

On a progress note, I finally purchased some supplies, and should be ready to get messy this weekend! Woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015 06:19:09 PM »

Still waiting on supplies from the mail, and tried something that totally did not work.

Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015 08:54:24 PM »

Hi! *waves*

The weather has been SO nap-worthy. Overcast and often-times rainy. And then, out of nowhere the send date on the common ground swap showed up. So, I have had my nose in my craft supplies for the last week building up some momentum. But, Im all done! Smiley All caught up and ready to focus on this swap. I just spent the evening stalking ayanared. She is fascinating and awesome and I cant wait to make her stuff!

Anyone reading anything interesting? I grabbed a new one by the girl on Instagram Yoga_girl. Its ok. Got me making smoothies again. And I have been working my way through Shiva Reas Tending the Heart Fire. Its amazing. I am learning alot.

Has the participation in craftster slowed in the last year or so? That is odd. I wonder why.

I grabbed the new Janet Stone 7 pack of classes on amazon instant movies and I am working my way through it. I like it. Although yesterdays class left me feeling really awkward. She did this thing where she put her thumb in her armpits and pulled upward in an effort to lift the rib cage out of where it usually sits. But I couldn't feel anything but soreness from pulling up on my armpits. Im thinking I was doing it wrong. I'm a nocturnal yogi so tonight I will try my hand at the next one in the series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015 10:25:05 AM »

ooo...I love Shiva Rea. Her movements are completely out of my league, though. I'm not very fluidly flow-y, more structured flow-y, haha - does that make sense? I love watching her though.

I've become super interested in Buddhism lately, so I've been reading a ton about that, actually. I really liked Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron, and now I'm reading The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama. I loved his book, The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality. Really, I just love everything he puts out to the universe.

Ooo--I've been wanting to try a yoga series, but I'm worried that I won't be able to dedicate the required time to it. Though this is probably why I feel stagnant in my practice...I am struggling to move from intermediate to advanced. Kinda the story of my life, lol. Any tips from this group?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...