A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED! ~ HP Craftalong ~ Spring Semester Mar 1-May 31, 2015  (Read 108705 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
J_Kieviet
« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2015 03:51:06 PM »

Class: alchemy
house: hufflepuff
spew: TOPS
project name : little owl keychains
brief description : little owl keychains.  I made 13 of these for my fellow field staff members.   Most of them are at least 20 years older than me and they're the only olderppeople that i know well enough to make something for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2015 05:25:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mantilla Doily Hoop
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For Arithmancy class, I made a doily using this pattern and embroidered it onto fabric in an embroidery hoop. I didn't have a clear plan of what I was going to embroider when I started & just did whatever seemed right; I think it turned out okay. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge - April
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Baby Groot
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For April's Headmistress Challenge, I was inspired by growing trees and crocheted a Baby Groot using this pattern.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please message if you want my email! I'm on Ravelry, Goodreads, & Instagram!

& there's a Craftster group on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/craftsters-in-ravelry
J_Kieviet
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2015 08:32:54 AM »

Class: transfiguration
House: hufflepuff
Spew : TOPS
brief discription: I created these 5 posters for our fall rally this year.  Turns out the hardest way to write is deliberately messy/child like.  But i like how they all turned out and they're much more fun and cost efficient than store bought posters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2015 06:18:45 PM »

class/challenge-bertiebotts mushroom
house-gryffindor
project-allice atc

when i saw the mushroom challenge, i started doodling on an atc card. the mushroom looked lonely so i pondered a bit, and decided it needed a modern alice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2015 09:44:28 AM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
SPEW: NA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Forever your little girl frame
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description:  My mom found a photo on pinterest of a daughter holding a sign that said "forever your little girl" while wearing her wedding dress and she just had to have a same for my sister's wedding.  So, I found a cool round picture frame that had a horrid picture of little girl in a frilly dress in it.  ^_^  That had to go!  I took it all apart and spray painted the frame from light pink to white and sprayed the glass with chalkboard spray paint.  Then I painted on the words to the painted glass and resembled it. 
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Wishing Stone Frame
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description:  Luckily this frame was already to go with the frame already painted and the chalkboard background.  I painted on the wording, after stenciling it all on there.  Whew, that was a lot of wording! 
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Strawberry Shortcake Shoes
Project Page Link (if available):https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439061.0
Brief Description: My neice's 2nd birthday was this weekend and it was Strawberry Shortcake themed, so I decided to make her a whole outfit for the party.  The star of the outfit though, was definitely the shoes.  I painted them with fabric paint on canvas shoes.  What's hiding?  The original boring tan canvas shoe!  ^_^
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
elliot_anne
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2015 12:58:45 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
SPEW:
Project Name: Cloth Diaper Liners
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439101.0
Brief Description: These are diaper liners to be used with cloth diapers to keep diaper cream from touching the cloth diapers. If you want to read more about them, feel free to click the link. When these are in use, they are completely hidden beneath the flat, the diaper cover, and whatever clothes the baby is wearing!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - March
SPEW:
Project Name: Bunting Embroidery
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439100.0
Brief Description: This was a hoop I started a couple months ago and then... forgot about. I finally finished up the backing on it today so that it is ready to hang on my baby's nursery wall tomorrow! Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2015 12:55:43 PM »

Challenge: Detention in the Dungeons: April
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Lavender sachet
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: This little sachet is filled with dried lavender blossoms, which smell heavenly!
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Zig-zag tie-dye shirt
Brief Description: January's flower is the carnation, a flower that comes in a wide variety of colors, much like this tie-dye!
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Tie-dye Fat Quarters
Brief Description: Inspired by Robert Plant's song Tie-Dye on the Highway these fat quarters are dyed in traditional tie-dye style with a variety of folding techniques.
Project Picture:

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Spiral tie-dye bag
Brief Description: To say my mom is a free spirit is a bit of an understatement. A child of the 60s and 70s, she is as new-age and flighty as you might imagine. This spiral tie-dye reminds me of her care-free nature and colorful spirit.
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Quote Magnet
Brief Description: I've been playing with the script tool on my wood-burner, er, I mean quill, and working on my lettering. I've got room for improvement for sure, but I'm semi-happy with how this one came out. Added some water color embellishment for this cool little magnet.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015 01:26:52 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2015 06:49:15 AM »

class/challenge-divination
house-gryffindor
project- narcissus mandala

I have a december birthday, so my flower is narcissus. i had to look it up, and daffodills are in this family. they are mostly yellow and white, but there are also some in pink. I love playing with geometry, so i got my protractor and my ruler out, and drew the radial lines for a mandala, then developed in into a flower shape. i traced it in waterproof ink, so i could add watercolors to it

this one was sent in the april atc swap, but i really liked it so, i've started another one for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

jenleahlynn
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2015 07:20:47 AM »

QUESTION ON PROPOSING AN OWL

can you repeat an owl subject if you have completed an owl in that subject during a previous semester, or does each owl need to be in a new subject? i have an idea for an arithimancy owl, but i did a similar project for an arthimancy owl last summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2015 11:02:37 AM »

You can in fact repeat an OWL, just as long as it's not two of the same subject in the same semester.  So yes, go for it!

QUESTION ON PROPOSING AN OWL

can you repeat an owl subject if you have completed an owl in that subject during a previous semester, or does each owl need to be in a new subject? i have an idea for an arithimancy owl, but i did a similar project for an arthimancy owl last summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

#CraftstersNeverSayDie #AuRevoirNotGoodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain

Launching soon: Lettucecraft.com
Crafts Chats Swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...