A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pushing the bounds of the ATC - a Super chunky bathroom  (Read 8521 times)
Tags for this thread: bathroom , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015 05:55:43 AM »

It's lovely. So tiny yet so detailed.
But - why is there an axe in the shower?  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015 06:21:24 AM »

Well, I've already told you how much I love your ATC swap gift, sheepBlue, but I'll say it again, it's amazing!  You should consider making some more of these and putting them in your Etsy shop.

From your photos, I can see that it's actually possible to close the shower curtain--I was curious about that, but didn't want to try it myself, for fear of breaking or tearing something, but, now that I see it's possible, I won't be anxious about doing so.

@elderflower:  There's a shaving razor on the floor of the shower, a drain, and a bottle of shampoo/lotion, with a pump top, but no axe.  Although I certainly have toy axes that I could put there, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015 06:43:24 AM »

could be an aussie one, ours are often separate too. It's handy in a one bathroom house, you don't have to wait for someone to come out of the shower,

I'm not surprised that the Brits and the Aussies have a more logical set up for the bathroom/toilet situation than Americans do  Tongue I can't count the times I had to wait at the peril of my bladder for someone to vacate the bathroom due to showering!

But - why is there an axe in the shower?  Shocked

Axe in the shower?!? Sounds like a Psycho shower...but no really, its a razor....that would be a really really tiny axe...for cutting...human hairs  Grin

From your photos, I can see that it's actually possible to close the shower curtain--I was curious about that, but didn't want to try it myself, for fear of breaking or tearing something, but, now that I see it's possible, I won't be anxious about doing so.

Yes! The shower curtain is movable! Though still you'll want to be delicate with it. I coated tissue paper with modge podge to give it a bit more sturdiness and then glued disassembled necklace chain to the top for the rings to pass through. It should be ok to move around. I would have used wax paper originally but had none on hand at the time.

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! Tiny things are pretty hard to resist  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015 06:49:25 AM »

Okay, I think I'll just leave the curtain alone to be on the safe side then, as I don't want to tear it (besides, you can't see all of the fun stuff inside with it closed anyway).  I was sure that the curtain was wax paper from the look/feel of it, I never would have guessed it was tissue paper with a modgepodge coating--well, now I know how to make convincing fake wax paper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015 06:51:39 AM »

I was sure that the curtain was wax paper from the look/feel of it, I never would have guessed it was tissue paper with a modgepodge coating--well, now I know how to make convincing fake wax paper!

Yeah I like the translucent effect and it does make it hold up longer  Smiley I have used it for bug wings too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015 12:41:05 PM »

Crazy amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 70
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015 01:21:38 AM »

Axe in the shower?!? Sounds like a Psycho shower...but no really, its a razor....that would be a really really tiny axe...for cutting...human hairs  Grin
Of course. Now that you tell me, I can see that it is a safety razor.  I must have a very unhinged mind to have thought it could be an axe.  Maybe I watch the wrong kind of films.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015 11:35:17 AM »

Don't worry, elderflower, I saw an axe too at first glance.  Smiley My mind couldn't comprehend that there would be a miniature razor in there, since they're already so small (yet it had no problem with the idea of an axe, for some reason  Cheesy). But lo and behold, sheepBlue found the way to make that happen. I am in awe of the whole thing. The movable shower curtain is one of my favorite details; I too would be hesitant to attempt it. Lucky Patraw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years.

happy.hermit.heather at gee mail dot com
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015 08:47:31 AM »

O.M.Goodness.  This is so.... wow.... yeah....

Speechless.

Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chocolatebutton
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015 03:08:12 PM »

" "The Room that Shall Not be Named" just because as essential as it is, generally pop culture ..."

I read that as "poop culture". *sigh* lol I think I need a nap.

I must say, I had to read that twice also  Cheesy
Amazed at the teeny tininess.. very fiddly work but you've pulled it off really well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...