A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
330 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Redid an 80's Lamp  (Read 2095 times)
Tags for this thread: lamp  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
AmyLynn98
« on: January 29, 2015 04:17:43 PM »

I just finished up a lamp I got from a friend of mine. It was actually a trade we made at the end of a yard sale we had in October: one of these lamps from her for a floor/gaming rocker from me, because neither one of them sold.

When she moved into the house she now lives in, it was because the previous owner had passed away in his home after a long illness. His family removed most of his belongings and they said she could do whatever she wanted with the rest. It was some late 70's/80's knick knacks, some coffee cups and some furniture. She had two of these lamps, still with the original large papery shades. She put just about everything up for sale. With my ct being such a spaz in the house, I figured I better get a back-up lamp, because she already knocked one over.

Before: it still had an original price tag on it that read $99.99 from Montgomery Ward.

The brass was very tarnished.

There are 3-4 coats of a textured spray paint that I got from my favorite store (A.C. Moore) that was on clearance.

I had to take the harp off for the new lampshade.

I also used some of the leftover Behr paint from my sewing machine cabinet, and picked up a new lampshade from Target. You almost can't see the lavender, but there's a touch of it on top as well as on the bottom.

I actually figured that she might want me to do this to her remaining lamp, but she said she doesn't like the lamp no matter what is done to it. It's actually a very sturdy, nice lamp, despite still having that oversized, curvy 80's decor body. But then again, I am a child of the 80's so I guess that's why this appeals to me. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My zombie gnome was a 2013 Featured Project, my KISS gnomes were an Aug. '14 Featured Project, my TARDIS was a Feb. '16 Featured Project, and my Grinch was a Nov. '16 Featured Project. Thanks for voting for them.
Bigmommaj
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015 05:59:07 PM »

LOVE  IT!!   great transformation!  and you just gave me a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015 06:03:09 AM »

Amazing transformation, congrats Smiley  It didn't look bad before really... a bit dated like you said ... but it looks fantastic now!

I want to find a lamp to redo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...