A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
200 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Fake Swap Craftalong for Swap Junkies!!! (also previous years)  (Read 138946 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2016 10:56:36 AM »

LOL yeah...he lives in the living room Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2016 08:46:21 PM »

I finished the Topsy turvy doll for my partner. Honestly I'm so glad I didn't joint the real swap because I hated every moment during its construction. There are many mistakes and I had no patience for making the teeny tiny arms so I decided to forgo them. I've never been great with working on a small scale and while I have become much more patient over the years this reminded me of being 14 again. I wanted to just scrap the piece and forget about the swap, but I was pretty much done with it so I finished it simply.

I still think it's cute, and a really great concept, but not something I would give to anyone. I think maybe I should have just make it bigger and I wouldn't have had so many problems. So I'm gonna say this is just a rough draft and maybe one day I will try a bigger version.

I should have sewn some cat nip inside and threw it to the cats.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2016 07:34:55 AM »

@audio:  I think your topsy-turvy doll came out nice, and I'm glad you stuck through it to completion (I often experience the same kind of frustration/doubt when I'm making something, but, if you persevere, things usually end up better than you thought they would).  I particularly like the green patterned fabric for the alien's skin--very appropriate.  I think he/she may want to rethink that alien-pattern outfit for its human disguise though, as that's just advertising what you really are, lol.

@suereal:  Great assortment of stuff!

My favorite item is the mutant yellow bunny hunting trophy.  Using the glow-in-the-dark dollar store dino kit bones as surface accents was a clever idea (I've got some of those too--such a bargain for two skeletons models for a buck!)  What is the original rabbit kit made from?  Those thin pieces of balsa wood that slot together?

I remember Calvin's transmogrifier!  Who couldn't use one of those?  And I agree that it totally needed the addition of the monster setting.  I also like Iris' vintage Masters of the Universe Battlecat pet kitty too--I had one of those when I was a kid.

Storing glitter in test tubes is neat-o and a great re-purposing of that chemistry gear.  What are you going to do with the flasks?  I remember dropping and breaking a round-bottomed flask in the sink during organic chemistry lab in college and it cost $25 to replace--ouch!

The finger tool is neat too, although I agree that something like work glove material would look nicer.  In the Arkham video games, the Batman villain Scarecrow has similar "syringe finger" gloves, a la Freddy Krueger, which is what your creation reminds me of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 25, 2016 08:09:03 AM »

I cut it awfully close, but I completed a 3-point project yesterday evening, finishing off my 4-point quota for the "Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas, and Friends Swap", which means Rainbow Dash doesn't get to stomp my face in for missing today's deadline, hooray!

to change your image viewing settings please click here

This is my 3-Dimensional rendition of Atlus' interpretation of an Amazon from their 1995 Shin Megami Tensei: Debiru Samana- (Super Reincarnation of the Goddess: Devil Summoner) video game.

Link to the dedicated thread if you want to see/read more:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=447946.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #744 on: May 25, 2016 08:44:56 PM »

She's scarier than Rainbow Dash Grin

audio--I LOVE your topsy turvy doll!  I've been trying to think of the on line comic it reminds me of...LoneStar..something?...bah...I only saw it a few times, but it's the same kind of lines.  I like how both he wee faces are similar, but not the same.  I can imagine all kinds of kids stories (or abduction therapies) based around this sweet duo Grin Nice job Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

Re:
« Reply #745 on: May 25, 2016 09:07:38 PM »

Patraw- She Is Fierce! And not the Beyonce kind of fierce, a real, powerful, awe inspiring kind of fierce! I imagine if I ran into her while adventuring through the jungle, it would be silent, no animal noises, as I spot her in the trees.

Sureal- thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #746 on: May 25, 2016 09:12:14 PM »

Exactly..she would gnaw on Beyonce bones Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 26, 2016 09:28:39 AM »

Amazons don't attack their sisters, they convert them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 27, 2016 08:15:53 AM »

My name is Patraw.

I am fake-joining the "Monster Swap Round 6".

I will craft at least four points worth of monster-themed stuff.  Creatures are mostly all I ever make anyway!

Due date:  June 20, 2016
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #749 on: May 27, 2016 08:27:09 AM »

Gorgeous Amazon Patraw! And I love how you got the invisible effect for the the hunting girl. They make a really great swap package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...