A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Fake Swap Craftalong for Swap Junkies!!! (also previous years)  (Read 139409 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #750 on: May 29, 2016 06:28:30 PM »

wall art swap sent out

cross stitched peg board, made with yarn. it looks best from far away.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716285007/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716282967/,https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716282954/

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=696926&ppuser=96385

painting, i haven't painted in a while, i copied pictures for pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716275438/ ,https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716276418/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522910206716275505/

monster swap sent out

Monsters Inc. Sulley Inspired Baby Hat by Olivia Kent

baby swap, monster loving doll

Basic Crochet Doll Pattern by LisaAuch

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 01, 2016 10:13:39 AM »

@that1girl:  Please forgive my poor eyes, but, I can't figure out what your cross stitch peg board image represents.  Some kind of video game pixel art maybe?  I get the feeling that, if you tell me, I'll slap my forehead and say, "how couldn't I see that?", but, right now, I'm pulling a blank on what it is, despite puzzling over it for some time.

I like your kitty paintings, both the minimalist one and the more detailed portrait.  The circular blue floral pattern is pretty too.

But what I really dig out of your assortment of items are the crocheted doll and her Monsters, Inc. Mike hat.  So cute!  The coordinating, human-sized Sully hat is neat-o too!  All three are really nicely done.

to change your image viewing settings please click here

Here's my first creation for the Monster Swap Round 6:  An Arachne from 2003's Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow video game.  I'll call this my 2-point one, so, I need to make a couple more 1-pointers by June 20th to finish things off.

Dedicated thread is you feel like drowning in pictures and words:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=448005.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #752 on: June 01, 2016 11:58:44 AM »

It's a rose, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 02, 2016 07:09:36 AM »

That's it, cmarion3, I can see it now--thank you!  My eyes and brain obviously weren't coordinating, my apologies, that1girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #754 on: June 02, 2016 08:43:06 AM »

Ok guys--I apologize for not keeping up with this swap...we have been busy with new mods and other changes on Craftster, plus, I am dealing with personal issues at home that involves a  lot of my time...

I have been amazed by the pictures here...

Patraw...your tiny creations are just spectacular...I grab a cold drink and read every word on your separate posts...so much fun to read and I still am amazed at how you manage to get so much detail into your pieces!  The invisible woman is fabulously creepy to me...I "see" waves a lot and when I see something like your piece, it gives me chills!

Also, the Amazon Warrior is just fantastic...the paint job alone is so detailed and life-like!  I love how all of your previous creatures/figures welcome each new one into the family! Grin

suereal--that taxidermy bunny is just creepy--especially at night!  I love the glitter station and your transformer box...of course it needed the monster setting...

that1girl---I never thought to paint my peg boards!  Love your rose!  I imagine you can take just about any cross stitch pattern and do that...good idea!

Also, your monster hat and little doll are a different take on the monster swap theme!

Audio...I feel your pain...I am struggling on the topsy-turvy swap as well...only I real joined it...I am just not a doll maker...but I am glad I tried something different.  I think your aliens are cool!

OK guys...one more month of fake swapping and then time for a prize drawing...whether you swap once or 100 times, the random number generator has a mind of its own, so everyone has a chance to win!!! (except me...Grin).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #755 on: June 02, 2016 03:22:06 PM »

Thank you, guys. yes its a rose. my husband just sent me a text saying he finally sees the flower. I made the cross stitch with two strands of worsted weight yarn.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: June 03, 2016 06:14:33 PM »

I fake joined the topsy/turvy swap and my partner has asked for a 2nd extension. She is so slow. I may never swap with her again.

For one, she is making up the pattern as she goes, it's planned out, but since she is creating the pattern, it is slow going. For two, she may have been a bit enthusiastic about the design. For three, she definitely mis-judged the amount of time she had available. End of Jund seems like a good time to finish.

Here's the two dolls. The frog prince and the prince. He has no taste in clothing...he's been a frog most his life! The "skirt" will be a pond and lily pad for the frog and a rock or meadow for the prince.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #757 on: June 04, 2016 08:05:19 AM »

I like what I see so far!  At least your "partner" is keeping you informed on the progress!

I love the idea of the skirts being scenery....so many possibilities there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #758 on: June 04, 2016 01:51:53 PM »

I like it cmarion. The fake Topsy turvy swap was pretty rough for my partner too. An extension seems reasonable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 06, 2016 11:10:57 AM »

@cmarion3:  Your topsy-turvy doll is coming along good so far--both frog and prince are cute as buttons!  I agree that your idea for the skirt portion of the doll sounds like it's going to turn out pretty cool.

Here's another critter for Monster Swap Round 6, a "Two-Headed Grave Pot" from 1996's King's Field III video game.  Three points and two monsters down, one more, 1-point critter left to go in order to complete the 4-point swap's parameters.

Here's the link to the dedicated thread if you want to know more:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=448041.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 93 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...