A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
276 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 15 Quilt Projects in 2015 [Closed]  (Read 48294 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Homerof2
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015 09:57:00 PM »

Does anyone work on monthly projects in addition to everything else on your list?

I'm doing a monthly little quilt series through Connecting Threads and I'll be posting each quilt as I'm done.  Last year a LQS ran a BOM for a king size quilt and my hubby purchased me the entire package but I've only started on it this month.  I'm planning to set aside at least one day a week to work on it so that I actually finish this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZidishaLuxe
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015 11:28:15 PM »

Thanks Mel!

That is super cool Zidisha! How does the quality feel of the fabric? I've ordered swatches a few times and the quality has seemed to vary pretty drastically.
I got the Kona and it feels just like the Kona cotton from a shop. Smiley

So I'm curious, what do you all do with your quilts? Like I have so many patterns I want to make, but there are only so many surfaces in my house to drape a quilt over haha. Roll Eyes Do you mostly make them as gifts? Or do you all just have a bunch of extra quilts around the house?

And in other news, I finished the top for my vintage photo quilt. Need to piece together the back and then figure out what I want for quilting. Don't know if some all over design would look best or if the photo diamonds should be outlined/accented somehow...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015 07:06:25 AM »

ZidishaLuxe, you're quilt is beautiful!!!  Love the pink.

So I'm curious, what do you all do with your quilts? Like I have so many patterns I want to make, but there are only so many surfaces in my house to drape a quilt over haha. Roll Eyes Do you mostly make them as gifts? Or do you all just have a bunch of extra quilts around the house?

Most of the quilts I made are for gifts.  The smaller items are usually for me.  I do have a few extras around the house for cuddling up in or when we have guests that want more blankets than our bed has.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015 07:57:49 AM »

Ooh that's gorgeous!

Up until now I've given most of them away, at this point I have two for myself and am excited for a few more that live in my house! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
stillatthetop
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015 08:37:50 AM »

Beautiful quilt. I would outline the diamonds for the pictures. If you are hand quilting it, I would then think that interesting things would look good in the diamonds next to them. Hard to tell, but one I could see could be "sisters", another one could be hearts. That sort or thing. Or the diagonal of the diamonds might look good, too. Just to run up an down parallel sideways with the "squares". Ideas.

Just to add my two cents... I give my quilts away, too. Though I have never made a large one. Just wall hangings and baby crib size. I did make a full size blanket out of old jean panels. But I don't count that a quilt exactly. That one I still have. It was all my favorite jeans that lost their life for their intentions. But works great for picnicks in the yard  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015 09:34:46 AM »

Zidisha that's beautiful. I would quilt around the diamonds so as to not have stitching on the "photo"  part.

And as for what I do with quilts. I keep some and I give some away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015 09:50:01 AM »

That is one heritage quilt!  Love the idea of the photo fabrics in the center...

I keep a chest of quilts for people to grab when they come to our house...we keep it pretty cold for most people's taste...if they seem to have a fondness for a particular quilt, I let them take it home...I give away most of mine because I do a lot of charity ones (quilt for kids, wounded warrior)...

I have a few small art quilts on display, but the rest are for use...

I still have not put together my list of quilts to be completed and started...

I joined the same quilt group homerof2 did...so far, I have just picked out the fabrics but I plan to be finished by the end of the month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Homerof2
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015 10:16:16 AM »

I joined the same quilt group homerof2 did...so far, I have just picked out the fabrics but I plan to be finished by the end of the month.

I plan to hold you to that  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015 11:48:56 AM »

You are my inspiration!  I figured it would help to have someone I know to keep me motivated! Grin

Mare--improving skills on a monthly basis is a good idea!  I think practice makes piecing a lot nicer and even...I love the patterns and colors...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015 11:49:42 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015 08:39:03 PM »

Ooh that's gorgeous!

Up until now I've given most of them away, at this point I have two for myself and am excited for a few more that live in my house! Cheesy

I have 3 for myself now! I was gifted with a beautiful quilt last night by some friends in my guild as a thank you for being prez. I totally cried when they gave it to me (you know, in front of like 140 people). And then even more when they pointed out the 3 blocks that represent my nephews and the 5 blocks that represent my team of officers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...