A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Get Carded" Strawberry Wallet  (Read 3106 times)
Tags for this thread: wallet , strawberry , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2014 12:46:24 PM »

My husband and & were going to spend Christmas with his family in Illinois this year.  Sadly on Monday night I got sick, and by the time I was better on Wednesday night, it was too late to go, just to turn around and come right back.  So we stayed at home and had a quiet Christmas together.  A little too quiet actually!  I got bored yesterday afternoon and so I decided to make a Christmas gift for myself.  A new wallet!  I was annoyed with my old wallet, which is too thick and clunky.  I usually carry a small purse, but sometimes if I'm just running a quick errand, I just want to tuck my wallet into my pocket.

The pattern is the Get Carded Wallet from Dog Under My Desk.  The pattern is very well written, and it includes pictures and instructions for 4 variations of the same wallet, which can be made with just 2 fat quarters.  I highly recommend it.  Cheesy  I grew up loving Strawberry Shortcake, and I still have a soft spot for strawberry things.  I'm not sure which line this fabric came from, but I've been hoarding it in my stash, waiting for the perfect project to use it on.

I opted for the plain zippered pocket because I had less than a fat quarter, but the pattern contains a ruffled and a pleated version.  And whenever possible, use a fun contrasting zipper.  Wink

The inside has 4 card pockets, and 1 pocket for folded cash.

The back features a clear pocket to keep your ID in.  I am thinking this will come in handy because I seem to get carded a lot more in TN then I did in the last 6 years living in KY.

And finally, here it is in comparison to my old wallet.  While the length and width are similar, the thickness is less than half of what it was!  The whole thing tucks easily into the pocket of my jeans.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

#CraftstersNeverSayDie #AuRevoirNotGoodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain

Launching soon: Lettucecraft.com
Crafts Chats Swaps
Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014 04:29:05 PM »

Love this one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...