A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,891
Currently Running With Scissors:
216 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 246
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:50 Projects 2015 --POST YOUR 2015 Lists  (Read 442531 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2200 on: November 02, 2015 01:22:31 PM »

I also repainted the inside of the house, put a new coat of tint on furniture or repainted it, fixed the hardwood floors... I really enjoy the home more now but I have too many crafting projects started and waiting for me to finish them. Maybe trying to get to 50 will help me. Not sure though, I might do Christmas crafting instead.

I think all of those should count. After all, the craftalong says 50 PROJECTS not 50 crafts. And Christmas crafts definitely count towards the total!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
190/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2201 on: November 02, 2015 01:26:48 PM »

I love all the quilting squares that have been shared! Cheesy I especially love Always' Queen of Hearts and Carolmb's Evil Queen and Harry Potter!
They make me want to pull out some of my cottons and start working. But, alas, my boyfriend doesn't want a quilt because he's in love with our current comforter: it's silver sateen on one side and a crushed velvet-like material on the other side (it feels like crushed velvet but isn't stretchy so I don't know what it is). He thinks if I make a quilt it means that our comforter has to go, which isn't the case but I can't convince him otherwise. Roll Eyes So I gave my mom the queen-sized quilt batting I had and will be using the miscellaneous fabrics I had for it for other projects. Well, except for a blue starry fabric and some black that had golden flecks on it. Those I also gave my mom for a baby blanket Smiley

As far as curtains, a heavy fabric alone might help, depending on where you live. I'm in Louisiana and will be making heavy corduroy curtains for our living room to keep the cold out. One of my aunts did this one year and it worked for her. But it doesn't get below 40F here very often so I'm not sure how well that would work in colder climes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2202 on: November 02, 2015 04:11:03 PM »

I finished some loom knit fingerless gloves on Sunday. My first ones! Going to try with heavier yarn next.

PB010002 by Heather, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #2203 on: November 02, 2015 05:03:24 PM »

I feel like I've been more relaxed in my crafting this year, not so quite fanatically and constant at it. I've gotten back into reading a lot which is something I've missed for a long time. So finding balance is good  Smiley That being said I'm 1 away from hitting 50 for the year! I imagine I'll go a little above it before the end of the year gets here.

I started and finished this project in one day! I got obsessed with the idea of making a fabric infinity scarf for my sister, writing out a beautiful quote with a bleach pen...that project has...mixed reviews (I'm thinking I might scrap it and try again with some screen printed fabric or such), but while working on that I made this for myself  Smiley

I love the bug prints (though I hate bugs in real life, go figure) and it's so me. And it's very warm and light. I feel a scarf obsession developing...

This scarf MAKES.ME.BANANAS.HAPPY.! I love the pattern, scale, and tones. Stellar!

J.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #2204 on: November 02, 2015 05:59:35 PM »

vampedangel14, beautiful mitts!!  love the color too!!

That must be so gratifying Always!  Smiley  Lana's new club does lots of charity work and it's great because it gives me a chance to do a bit of crafting.  I just got 2 big balls of yarn that I hope to turn into some fun goodies for their upcoming Newborns in Need Event.  Smiley

Yoopidou, seems like you are always busy with something!

Freakie, what about a baby quilt?  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #2205 on: November 03, 2015 04:45:41 AM »

They make me want to pull out some of my cottons and start working. But, alas, my boyfriend doesn't want a quilt because he's in love with our current comforter:

but but quilts aren't just for beds! I have so many, I put them over the back of sofas, for more colour, we get chilly evenings at this time of the year, so I always have one or two on the arms of the sofa to snuggle with. You could also do small scale ones to hang on the walls...

I even have one on the back seat of my car (the back of the seat) so I can see it in my rear view mirror when I drive...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015 04:46:32 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #2206 on: November 03, 2015 06:26:50 AM »

It gets very cold here in PA as well so I have quilts, afghans and crochet slippers in baskets for when people come to visit.  It is nice to sit in front of the fireplace snuggled up and chatting with friends with a nice cup of tea or cocoa!  Sometimes the quilts seem to "disappear" when my friends leave...hmmmmm Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #2207 on: November 03, 2015 09:15:06 AM »

i'm giving away some of my older products and making new items for the ozone house
im kinda over trying to sell items, i like making things but im not good at business

138.   mittens (13)
pattern

139.   flannel scarf (Cool

140.   headband

141.   brown hat

142.   loom hat (2)

143.   purple bulk hat

144.   purple scarf

145.   green head band

146.   mittens (9)

147.   green hat

148.   green scarf

149.   orange hat

150.   orange cowl

151.   pink hat

152.   fleece scarf (13)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015 09:19:06 AM by that1girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmouse01
« Reply #2208 on: November 03, 2015 10:25:02 AM »

Wow! You have been busy!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmouse01
« Reply #2209 on: November 03, 2015 10:30:30 AM »

I updated my list for October and realized I've managed 109 projects this year!  Whoo-hoo

My latest projects were mostly related to my Halloween costume.  Papa found a princess dress at a thrift shop so I was free-and-clear on DD's costume this year.  Because we've been watching a LOT of Phineas & Ferb lately, I decided to dress up as Perry the platypus.

I painted his face on some fabric and temporarily sewed it on a shirt (so I didn't "waste" a shirt ... although it would be fun to have Perry all the time).  I crocheted a tail, a fedora that went all flat and limp when I washed it Sad and also mini Phineas & Ferb that I pinned to my shirt.

So you don't go into picture-overload, I'll just mentioned that I finished some dishcloths, a few hats, and this cute little pumpkin.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015 10:31:18 AM by cmouse01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 246 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...