A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 246
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:50 Projects 2015 --POST YOUR 2015 Lists  (Read 427716 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

emilywilde
« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2015 11:00:16 AM »

I really need to work out a system for notes on my computer, because there are so many SO MANY amazing projects and items in this thread every day!
I feel a little guilty because I have only one project from my list completed so far, but now that I'm not up to my ears in swaps I will be focusing on my list more. Here's my first project in 2015, from the very last entry on my list. it was made for Wulf in the Imbolc swap:
Felted Birdfeeder

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2015 12:21:18 PM »

So many great projects! I'm dropping out for a while, I really need to stick to my books at the moment. Just for the next two weeks, probably, but if I don't say it, I won't do it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2015 09:25:35 PM »

Beautiful colors on the felted nest, Emilywide.

Fantasticmio, because of the bright orange and red on this new blanket, it's one of my favorite.

Sheepblue, your atc has so many details, it could be hung on a wall by itself.

The projects with a silhouette are so cool that I would like a silhouette too. Bunny1kenobi, your kitchen decorations are very fun and Lindy, your card is adorably cute.

The chocolate lollipops look so delicious, Underthemountain, it must have been difficult not to eat any before sending them to class.

Alwaysinmy room, the first scarf looks so soft and the second one is really an eye catcher but my favorite is the hat as I really like cables too.

Texscrapper, the bookmarks are such a great idea for school. It would be a great idea for my home too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #583 on: February 16, 2015 02:11:51 AM »

I have been sick for a month with extreme exhaustion and hand/body pain and spasms (we are hoping it is a reaction to a med that I am now off of but it will take 3-4 more weeks to find out if this is it)
I hate that I am back to not having energy to do crafts after I had done so many crafts in the last 3 months after a year of also not feeling good but I finally did two crafts today (which my hands decided was the end of the day)

The wand is a chakra wand the stones are Quartz crystal, amethyst, lapis, malachite, citrine, carnelian and bloodstone.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015 02:19:08 AM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #584 on: February 16, 2015 06:00:27 AM »

A felted birdfeeder!  I was wondering if birds might night use it as a nest...it looks quite cozy!

wow, Mio--those colors really do pop!  I love it!

trina--lovely wirework!  The wand is so very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
cursive_queen
« Reply #585 on: February 16, 2015 07:44:30 AM »

Ive never seen a felted bird feeder before, how cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #586 on: February 16, 2015 08:04:46 AM »

love Kaboom, the felted hanger, and the awesome wire-wrapped goodies....thanks all for the inspirational pieces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are having their annual auction on April 12 and welcome your donations. Smiley  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457320.msg5516/
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #587 on: February 16, 2015 08:50:56 AM »

That ATC is mind-boggling!  Such an inspiration!  I was wanting to claim him for that theme as well, but it was gone when his name came up again.  Just as well - I don't think mine would have been nearly as cool as that is!  Holy moly!

And the prayer flag is lovely.  I especially like the red embroidery.

The wand is really pretty too!

And a felted bird feeder!  So unique!

Mio, your Kaboom quilt reminds me of my son's Minecraft game - he loves to make stuff out of TNT blocks and then blow it up.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #588 on: February 16, 2015 09:29:47 AM »

NEWS!!!!!

The drawing of those of you who shared a story of your crafting memories will be done in a few minutes.  I really enjoyed reading all of the stories again!

I am going to scheme with another moderator for a random prize contest.  I am thinking of doing a sort of Scavenger Hunt...more later once I work out the details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
yofi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #589 on: February 16, 2015 04:08:32 PM »

I love the felted birdfeeder and the wire work and especially the prayer flag.  such creative people!

I have a few items for a swap that havent posted yet, but Ive been busy!

3. Birthdays cake
Yes, plural.  Every year, I celebrate birthdays with a couple of other Capricorns.  We had our traditional vegan chocolate cake with buttercream chocolate icing.  And this year, I put a layer of raspberries between the layers!

(The youngest of us turned 50 this year, hence the candle!)

4. Russian onion dome hat
I made this hat to use up some beautiful green yarn Ive had in my stash for-EVAH.  The very clever pattern is from Annie Modisett (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kremlin-hat)
I love the pattern, but the yarn was a little too heavy and floppy to hold its shape.  While its still a nice hat, it led me to try again, in the first of my.

5. Trio of orange hats!
This version, in Bernat roving, was much more satisfactory!

On a roll (and using up stash!) I made a few more orange hats.

I took the last one with me when my sister, mother and I went to get our hair cut.  I overheard my sister explaining to the stylist that I favoured a bolder palette than most!

Indeed! And the orange doesnt end there.

6. Orange and gold roving mitts
One of the swaps I just completed was Keep Me Warm.  My partner has three kids in tournament hockey, and I imagine she spends a lot of time in cold ice rinks.  So I made her this pair of wooly roving gloves.

And because of those interests, I also made her this:
7. Stanley Cup tote bag
I used a simple canvas tote, and made a freezer paper stencil.  Its the first time Ive ever tried that and while cutting out all the little letters was tedious, I was amazed at how well it turned out!

I also tried out new skills in the Cabinet of Curiosities swap.  My partner said she was interested in getting artifacts from storytale villains, so I decided to send her the comb and mirror used to out-smart the Russian with Baba Yaga.  I mixed up some ivory polymer clay, and made this comb, which has a nice bit of heft, and feels very comfortable in the hand! (I didnt try actually combing anything with it, tho.  My theory is Baba Yaga has very thin, sparse hair)

For the mirror, I mixed black and sparkly granite polymer, and made an armature out of landscape stakes.  Finding a mirror the right size took the longest time, but I really liked the way it turned out!

It was the first time I baked polymer in a dedicated toaster oven, and my brother-in-law inadvertently cranked the heat on the first version of the mirror, which caught the batting on fire.  It gave the chicken leg a scratchy, hairy look, like feathers.  But it smells a bit

More things in the works, and doing electrical work on the house with my brother in law.  And of course, there is food to report on!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015 04:13:12 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 246 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...