A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 246
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:50 Projects 2015 --POST YOUR 2015 Lists  (Read 442473 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
waggonswest
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014 11:27:32 AM »

How can it possibly be time for me to make a list for 2015 already!?!  Well, I'm going to put it here.  I don't recall learning to craft or perhaps I should call it make.  Everyone around me made things.  Things that needed to be made like canned chicken, clothing and houses to those bonus things that added beauty and fun to life. I remember helping put patching compound in nail holes when I was four and I remember sewing clothes for my dolls under the quilt frame, pottery, drill lathe, picking dried flowers for wreaths...  I think I'm going to have to write more of this up in a blog post.

At any rate, I will start my list here.  Good luck all!

January

Annual Holiday Party
Gnomes 8
Penguins 7
PQ 6.1 Purple Trees Quilt
Digitize and stitch whale stuffie
Digitize and stitch babushka dolls

February - July

Hayduke's Cabin  

Land of the Midnight Sun  

Pillow Sham  

Hearts quilt  

Disappearing 9 patch  

Trees  

River birch 2  

Eggs digitized and stitched ... about 4 dozen so far

Mini Star digitized and stitched.  

llama digitized and stitched  

Monsters digitized and stitched  

Bunny digitized and stitched  

Fish digitized and stitched

Owl digitized and stitched

Kitty digitized and stitched

Penguins... lots stitched

Hearts with words digitized and stitched

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015 05:26:56 AM by waggonswest » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014 04:52:11 PM »

Somewhere I still have a couple of small cross stitch and embroidery projects I made as a teen-before I got old enough to need bifocals and also lost patience with sewing.  Cheesy Hee, I also still have a pair of small black metal scissors that I was given in first grade. Somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.instagram.com/studioltd/?hl=en
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2414679
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
J_Kieviet
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2014 10:32:03 PM »

I'm in again this year, here's my lists:)

Completed:
1. fancy dress for myself
2. cable holder for myself
3. TOPS fascinators
4. bunny rabbit rag blanket
5. garment bag
6. silver clutch purse for Mom
7. shower bumb tubs
8. ninja turtle housecoat for a friends nephew
9. jewellery wrap for myself
10. - cord wrap for Mom
11. - owl key chain
12. - lace and silk dress
13. - hoody
14. - floral blouse
15. - owl pyjama's
16. - another pair of owl pyjama's
17. - Sophia the First and Frozen birthday cake
18. - owl piggy bank
19. - gym bag/book bags
20. - back to school pajamas
21. - 60 tiny owls
22. - 50 mini back pack gift bags
[img width=100 24.height=56]https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/134612_27Nov15_20151126_103716.jpg[/img]
28. - set of family stockings
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015 09:43:01 AM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2014 11:03:57 PM »

Happy New year everyone Cheesy decided to join in for a 3rd year Smiley

When did you first get into crafting?  Do you have a fond memory of one of the first things you ever made?  How did you feel about making something? Do you have any pictures of your project or of you at that time?

The earliest crafting memory I have is my mother giving me a peice of fabric stretched in a hoop when I was about 7 yo. I drew a picture in pencil on it and then using the (then very basic) embroidery suppolies she had I embroidered it. I remember the satisfaction of making something myself (even if I did sew my self to the table cloth at one point!) and I still have the piece. My mum framed it all those years ago and kept it safe. It is hanging on my Hoopla wall in my craft space now:)

Ok. so I'm re-posting the remains of my list for 2014 which will no doubt grow over the year  Cheesy

MOST URGENT/HAS DEADLINE

KNIT
WIP - Purple Sparkle Jumper - want done by Xmas (again!)- 2/3/15 Finaly frogged! decided after 6years enough was enough. Will use the yarn for a better purpose. Have de-stashed the yarn to a friend.

SEW
New - Pop Deco SK size quilt - for me  - quilt top finished 17/2/13  now just have to hand quilt it Grin

BEAD

OTHER

CRAFTS TO TRY/IMPROVE IN 2015

Ticker tape Quilting

WIPS/TO BE COMPLETED:
KNIT
2nd Ladies Glove, WW2 pattern - one already finished

CROCHET
New - Attic24 'Coast' Blanket
New - Attic24 'Cottage' Blanket
New - 'Wentworth' the Aardvark - started 3/2/15- needs re-started as wrong size hook used.

BEADS
New - Mums Jasper pendant
WIP - Beaded grooms outfit & my bouquet - 6yrs old
new - Mums goldstone necklace.

SEW
WIP - Sunflower bookmark  - Mum
WIP - (12 yrs old) Family Crest Hoopla
WIP - (12 yrs old) Blue flower embroidered tablecloth
WIP - Purple scrappy quilt

OTHER
WIP - Orkney holiday curio box & embroidered cover

SWAPS

FAKE Craftalong SWAPS
Jan - Fill a "Coffee" Mug Swap - 1 mug rug & 1 Mug/Cup Cosy - due by January 31, 2015. - finished 10/01
Jan -Keep Me Warm swap - Knitted lap blanket for the office - due 07/02/15 - finished 25/01
Feb - Pinterest Swap - 1x wireworked shawl pin, due 24/02 - finished 21/02 x2
Mar - "Be AWESOME (Redux)" swap - a Dreambird shawl - due March 26th - finished 21/03.
Apr - No Swaps  Sad
May - "Be AWESOME (Redux)" Redux swap - a Dreambird shawl for Mum - due May 30th - FINISHED 11/12
Jun - "Keep me Warm" swap - 1 knitted hat for Dad - due June 21st, 2015 (UK Fathers Day) - Finished 10/6.
Jul - 'Mad Hatter' swap  - 6 knitted hats for Dad - Due Aug 31st (Dad's birthday) -finsuhed on time
Aug -  Cry missed deadline to sign up
Sept - (Real Swap- Raverly) - "Autumn" selfish knitters swap - made drawstring prject bags x2 & stamped card. - finished 26/09
Oct - "Movie/TV Show Swap" - Dr Who inspired fingerless gloves - due Oct 31. - Finsihed 02/11
Nov - missed deadline to sign up
Dec - missed deadline to sign up

FINISHED

x4.   in two colourways.    
Colour Affection on rav
 Snowbird Shawl

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015 08:38:18 AM by bushbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps Always Welcome Cheesy
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015 02:50:12 AM »

*mio does some stretches*

Let the blanketing begin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2015 04:34:22 AM »

I think I will jump in on this one. I have so many things that I need to do for myself, and some for friends.

#1 Curtains for the kitchen and living room. I have a handmade quilt top from my Grandmother, that I just can't bring myself to cut up..but it is perfect for this project. And I will never quilt it, nor do I need another quilt. But I love the scrappy-ness of it. And the colors are perfect. So this one will be a tear jerker for me. Grin But I need to do it. And i will love looking at it.

#2 My best friend is short, and needs some new pants hemmed. I hate the tailoring work. I like to build from scratch. And he is very temperamental with the try-on thing, and doesn't realize how the waist band makes a difference.  Grin You have to measure. Different pants fit different ways.

#3 i have a little Mary friend {age 5} whom a member here just stitched the cutest doll for her in a trade. And sent me patterns for some dresses and such. I have a few of those to create..and maybe have her help me with some.

So there is my new Year's start. I'll modify back for more.  Grin

#4 I am addicted to making these little 2" x 2" fold over cards to include with trades. I plan to make up some packs to share and give out as extras. They sure beat hallmark prices, help to limit postage expenses, and you don't feel that you have to write a book in them  Cheesy And I am destashing in the process.

~T
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015 04:59:13 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2015 05:43:58 AM »

First craft project of my year.
I took the fan blades off of our ceiling fan and I am turning the base into a Bohemian Gothic beaded chandelier so I made a few of the bead drops this morning.

Then hung the ones I made (climbing on the bed and making hubby all worried cause I am clumsy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lezzomatic
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2015 05:48:25 AM »

I'm hoping this will keep me on track for this year, so here it goes:

Definite goals:
1. Ornament presents for Christmas 2015
2. Cold processed soap
3. Finish Mixed Media work for my portfolio
4. Christmas Card photo shoot
5. Props for engagement shoots
6. DM set for DB
7. Totem sets

Completed items:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scaramouche

Whedonist in heart and soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2015 07:49:20 AM »

My most loved project would be a tie between my white pirate shirt and a green linen one. Both were first time projects (first time pattern use and first time machine use.) I still wear both to renfaires and larps and they remind me of how much my skills have grown trough the years but you always have to go back to the basics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Renstar
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2015 08:06:02 AM »

My crafty beginnings were mixed.

I remember making clothes for my dolls, my mum used to make a lot of clothes so I guess that inspired me.  I make clothes now with varying degree of success / quality.

I also remember getting 3rd prize in an art competition, it was a painting of a witch. my dad hung it up at home after the ceremony and labelled it with my mum's name!!!

I got taught to knit as a teen but I found it boring.  I then picked it up again about 5 years ago. Self taught (mostly from the internet), crocheter.

Everything else I try is a learn as I go process.  The internet is a pretty handy tool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

37/50 2013 | 51/50 2014 | 20/50 2015 | 7/50 2016 | 13/50 2017
17/50 2018

http://pinterest.com/renstar1
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 246 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...