A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 246
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:50 Projects 2015 --POST YOUR 2015 Lists  (Read 442836 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Taramor
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2015 10:20:56 AM »

Ummm - delicious cake...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2015 10:46:16 AM »

kbrison - The dog food tin is an old popcorn tin I want to spray paint and write my dog's name on and use it to keep her food in so it looks nicer than the bag sitting in the closet.  Wink

The table will have a mosaic of bottle caps on top in the shape of Michigan. (I have a long ways to go in collecting bottle caps  Grin  )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

50 Projects In 2015
0/50
My List
DncingDreamer

music is what feelings sound like

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2015 11:28:52 AM »

I haven't done this in a few years but I'm in this year. I already have a few WIPs that need to be finished!

I'm pretty sure I've been crafting for as long as I can remember. My Mom and Grandma were always knitting, crocheting and sewing. We still have my Grandma's fliptop sewing machine that I'd love to get working again. It's what I learned to sew on.

WIP:

*Yoyo pillow
*Cross-stich bibs
*Gabby's memory box
*Reclaimed Whiskey Barrel tray

Ideas:

*"Shake it" print
*Lily baby gift
*Lily PJ pants (adjustable waist) (were supposed to be for Christmas)
*Guy PJ pants (were supposed to be for Christmas)
*Personalize photo albums
*Something with the clear plastic ornaments I got on clearance
*Repair broken bracelet
*Paint glass jar
*Recover cat pole

*Make cat back scratcher

I'm sure there is a LOT more but I'm drawing a blank. I blame the snow/fog outside my window! I'm going to go back and look at my old lists, too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015 12:13:32 PM by DncingDreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2015 11:56:27 AM »

Welcome back everyone old and new!  mmmm, I hope we have more projects related to food!  The cake looks so yummy!

I will be using my spiralizer a lot since I am on a health/better nutrition plan...lots of veggies in 2015!

I keep seeing things on everyone's list that I want to try, so I know my own list will keep on growing!

I like your plan to post some of your WIPS with pictures, kbrison, to get you motivated to do them!

Everyone working on WIPS and new projects?  I am going to try one WIP for every two new projects and see how that gets me motivated.

If you guys get a chance, check to see that your link is working on page 1 AND, that I have caught everyone's post on their first crafting memories...I love the stories...the #1 thing--we are all still doing it!!!  No matter if we had good or bad experiences, we persevered and now look at us all!  SUCCESS!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015 11:58:18 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2015 12:36:30 PM »

My first finished blanket of the year!

This one is a motif version of my soon-to-be-released Recursive Echo blanket pattern.  That's one, ONE finished blanket! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2015 12:51:35 PM »

I want to jump in the fun too!

Am gonna take a gander around the craft room that im in, and try to make a list of WIP's.

On the sewing machine now as I type, and its like 6 inches from the keyboard so I can pull up pins or patterns or tutes to help me, is another scrub top I am making wider, cuz I gained back all the wt i lost after my gastric bypass, so I need wider scrub tops. I also am putting a triangle of fabric to hide clevage so I don't keep pulling the back of my top down all shift.

WIPS:
1. finish widening scrub tops and putting in modesty panels (5 4 of them in various stages of completion; finished 2 3 total today!
2. jelly roll race top for my friend's daughter with Hodgkins Lukemia; then go to friend's house who has a long arm and finish it all quilty like, cuz it will be faster than me doing it on my regular machine.
3. cancer ribbon scarf im crocheting for a friend; and a set of wrist warmers and mebby a hat if i have enough yarn--she only thinks im doing the scarf.
4. finish the new oven mitts for us made out of a debbie mumm apron/potholder panel (1 done, 3 more to go)
5. finish grandson's Christmas gift, the spiderman quilt
6. finish the rainbow crochet hat for me
7. hang/display the massive blue jeans quilt i made out of cutting random pieces from tons of jeans, and hand sewing them onto a thrifted thin quilted blanket (its sitting on a chair in the dining room, it is huge and way heavy but was something I just decided to do, no rhyme or reason)

Projects I want to do/try:
1. Make some new quilted large trivit thingys for 9x13 size pans or cookie pans that i set on the stove top
2. make some soaps--i have the melt n pour, and molds and such, just need time/space to do it (you should see our dining room table--we cannot for all the craft stuff on it!)
3. work on my Documented life project journal, haven't started it yet....the first promt was about goals
4. use metal stamping alphabet, hammer, metal block to make something stamped in metal
5. try resin jewelry, i have all the stuff for it, just haven't done it

Completed Stuff!
1. 2 3 scrub tops widened and ready to wear to work! 1/4/15

~~~~~~~~~~
I'll add some pix of stuff that Ive posted already. Am excited to keep track and accomplish stuff Smiley

When did you first get into crafting?  I think the earliest I recall was in girlscouts or as a brownie, don't recall the exact craft, but I do remember making sit-upons, and always enjoying crafting in gradeschool.
Do you have a fond memory of one of the first things you ever made?  I used to make birthday cards for my parents and would make up short poems to put on them.
How did you feel about making something?  Made me feel proud especially when I was older and would crochet something for my dad cuz he would cry when he opened it.
Do you have any pictures of your project or of you at that time? Years later I made one of my short bday card poems into a rubber stamp. Will post a pic of it soon as I dig it out LOL

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015 07:21:34 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2015 01:12:00 PM »

12/50

Ok here I go again!  I did complete over 50 last year just did not keep up with posting.....  This might just be the year I actually make it.

1.  Finish 2015 bead and sequin calendar

2.  Finish 2nd 2015 bead and sequin calendar

3. Burp cloths from diapers 15

4. Valentine cards

5. Valentine cube

6. Valentine wall tray

7. Wooden jewelry box

8. Valentine altered block of wood

9. Mug Rug 1

10. Mug Rug 2

11. Mug organizer

12.  Fairy log

13.  Altered tray with keys

14.  Altered wall art

15. Tissue cover

16. Pillow cases

17. peacock altered shadow box

18. Peacock quilt

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015 09:45:41 AM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2015 01:26:10 PM »

I have been crafting in one form or another for as long as I can remember. Both my parents are very creative; my mom dabbled in everything from leather tooling/burning, beading, embroidery, and lately has been learning how to knit, and my dad has all sorts of fancy tools for airbrushing, metalworking, woodworking, and lately has been concentrating on a big mosaic project for a patio feature. From them I started out young playing with the usual drawing/painting/mess-making, and then expanded into simple cross stitch, playing with clay, and that went even further with projects done in Girl Scouts and school. I think my earliest memory of some sort of crafting is mask making in school, and making little clay figurines for all my family for their stockings during Christmas time.

The earliest crafting pictures I could track down were from high school.

A giant paper mache camel mask made for a local parade...tongue made from polyclay.

A deer skull made in my high school ceramics class.

A head piece made for my sister when she decided to be Carmen Miranda for Halloween many years ago...got a super nasty hot glue burn on this one.

I wish there were more pictures and evidence of my earlier crafty pursuits but makes me glad I document so much now to look back on in the future  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2015 03:02:27 PM »

Mio--how could you possibly get a blanket done in such a short period of time!!!?  I envy your crochet speed!  I love the black with those nice bright colors!

Sheepblue--wow...you sure hit crafting big with those projects!  You continue to delight us with your innovative and daring projects!  I just think the ceramic deer head is gorgeous...and that CM hat is just perfect to show off your sense of humor!

woo-hoo rscowtown and guaggy!!  Nice to have you join the craziness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
stillatthetop
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2015 04:09:31 PM »

OMG...are we not totally animal planet here? You are all totally crazy that I love it! This is going to be a fun year, I just feel it. Keep posting your lists  Grin We can all play nice in the sandbox.

I am still finishing up one private swap, then I went for a February one.  Grin I swore off of swaps for a while, but I could not help myself. Spank me. But I hope to fit it all together. This will be a good crafty year.

So keep on a crafting! I hope to, too.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 246 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...