A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
171 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2015 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 145632 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2015 05:48:29 PM »

I spend a lot of money each year on craft tools and supplies (over $200 just this month alone), but when I look back on my list of finished projects most of the projects came from stash. As long as I'm using the things I buy and not hoarding them I think I'm okay with that. Plus most of the things I make are gifts for other people so that's fine, too. I've noticed that it's harder for me to use my stash when I'm crafting for a swap partner than it is to use stash for my own plans, since my tastes don't always coincide with a partner's tastes. This craftalong reminds me to check my stash before I buy, to limit the yardage of fabric that I buy, and to try new ways of using things I already have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
102/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2015 05:55:15 PM »

I have a habit of starting from my stash for swaps and other projects. I hate shopping! So I dig and search and modify and design from what I have. I seldom have to go out and purchase and item. It really get's my creative side going by limiting my materials, I get quite innovative!

When I am doing larger sewing projects, I do have to purchase fabric, but I look for remnants and fat quarters to fill out my stash whenever possible. And....I raid my mother's stash when I visit her once a year (heavier suitcases on the way back) and people often donate stashes to the church for the crafts persons to use.

That said, I just ordered some cool japanese papers. OK, I am not immune to the want syndrome. My goal is to do some real mixed media art this coming year. I need it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
fluffypants
« Reply #712 on: December 30, 2015 11:32:39 AM »

Looking back on 2015, I was able to stay away from going to Michael's as often as I usually do, which helped a lot with how much I brought in the house. But that being said, I don't feel like I used a lot of stash either. I did a lot in the first month or two of the year and then crafting took a backseat to everything else. I'm hoping to get in the craft room to declutter and organize a bit this weekend, then I'll have a better idea of what I can use up and what I can just get rid of. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #713 on: December 31, 2015 07:04:46 AM »

I'm hoping to get in the craft room to declutter and organize a bit this weekend, then I'll have a better idea of what I can use up and what I can just get rid of. Smiley

I did a major purge this week, got two bags of clothes that I am never going to cut up or refashion, fabric I will never use-all to the thrift store. Plus two boxes of stuff. also donated...all this from a room that is only about 11x12

the place all of a sudden feels big!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
gaudiknight
« Reply #714 on: January 01, 2016 07:47:47 AM »

The 2016 Thread is Up and Running!

Themes are still under construction, but head over and show it some love.

We can still post here for a few more days if you have any more 2015 projects to share (I know I do).

Thanks for making it another terrific year!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016 07:48:33 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...