A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,260
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kuchisake Onna  (Read 10308 times)
Tags for this thread: urban_legend , japan , yokai , murderess , killer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015 12:23:48 AM »

OOOHHH!!! I love a good doll hack!  I've used this doll a few times..but never quite like this *grin*.  She is awesome...but don't tell her I said that...just tell her I think she's "OK"..that's supposed to confuse her so you can get away according to a guy in the comments (who says he's an expert on her..) at the double Chen's (Off the Great Wall) over on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98hNFLIAuyA

I learn something from you every time you post Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Patraw

Unicorn imposters are everywhere--stay vigilant!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015 11:54:03 AM »

@suereal:  Telling her that she's "awesome" might actually confuse her too, lol.  I believe that the people that made Kuchisake Onna up intentionally designed her behavior so that she would be really easy to thwart because she primarily preys upon children, so the actions that save you had to be things that youngsters could easily grasp/accomplish.

I haven't seen too many Liv doll customs (what did you make out of yours?), but I know a fair number of collectors bought Liv girls, removed and tossed their heads, and swapped Barbie noggins onto their bodies to take advantage of their relatively well-articulated bodies.

@Quantumphysica: I first learned about her from video games, namely the Megami Tensei (Reincarnation of the Goddess) series which incorporates deities/monsters/entities from all of the world's mythologies/religions.  I have seen a number of fan art pieces of Kuchisake Onna over the years, including, most recently, a Monster High custom (using Draculaura as the base body), which you can see here if you're interested:

http://mysteriousmage.deviantart.com/art/Kuchisake-Onna-298824680

@bunny1kenobi:  I wouldn't want to meet her anywhere, day or night, alley or elsewhere!  If she wasn't a killer, I could pity/sympathize with her, but I can't condone anyone turning their rage into violence against innocents.  To some extent, I could understand her wanting to avenge herself against the person(s) that directly caused her facial injuries, but there is no acceptable justification for the harming of individuals that have never done anything to you, especially children.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015 11:58:06 AM by Patraw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Opa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015 07:21:04 PM »

Ok, now what are you going to make with the care bear?
>>shudder<<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
my website  http://wingsnthings.tripod.com/
my ebay  https://tinyurl.com/steiconi
Patraw

Unicorn imposters are everywhere--stay vigilant!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015 07:53:42 AM »

@steiconi:  That's actually a 1984 Disney/Hasbro The Wuzzles plush animal, not a Care Bear.   Her name is Butterbear (half butterfly, half bear).  I'm not going to alter her; I primarily buy toys for my collection, not for customizing.  If you're interested in learning more, you can read all about Butterbear (as well as the three G3.5 My Little Ponies in that image), here at my web site:

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/ace/toy_talk_121114.html

I received my package for winning this challenge in the mail Saturday afternoon (a big thank you to Craftster's staff and everyone who voted for my entry!) and thought I'd share a few photos.  I picked the Craftster Pirate "I Run With Scissors" Canvas Tote Bag as my prize:

Speaking of which, Kuchisake Onna would like you all to know that:

So, now that I've got a lovely new bag, what am I going to do with it?
How about something super-masculine like this:

It's completely normal for a guy to own that many dolls, right? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015 08:07:46 AM »

HA! That is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015 11:44:28 AM »

hehehe Too awesome Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015 01:30:25 PM »

Brilliant and congratulations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015 11:47:26 AM »

Haha the picture with the toddler is perfect. You really captured the essence amazingly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...