A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 27 Crafty Quickstep Gallery!  (Read 27067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2015 10:39:54 AM »

What sweet little portraits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2015 11:06:55 AM »

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2015 04:49:39 PM »

I have been admiring the gallery but am behind on commenting  Angry  However, that gave me an excuse to look back through the pictures again to see how amazing everything is!

maxxev - the lepocampus is so original and creative.  I know cackle must love her!
edelC - the t-shirts you made for jemimah and wendiek are fantastic!
kwality - of course, you know I love your monsters!
Smeddley - i love both of the hoops you made for kwality!  the Discoveries one is perfect with all of the colors and found objects.  And I love the idea of using letter beads for a hoopla.
cackle - the bottlebrush trees are amazing!  I love all of the little details
wendiek - your bunting pillow cover is so fun! Love all of the colors
PerfectlyBohemian - the thread catcher is wonderful but the stamps are amazing!
artsycandice - specimen #27 is so interesting and unique.  So many little details to look at!  And I love the stuffed pillow ornaments.
limeriot - I always love your crafts! The fox pillow is adorable!
anna.wahnsinn - the ornaments are very pretty and I love the charms you made for Averia's daughters!

Smeddley and pinkmichk, I'm so glad you like your packages!  Smeddley, it looks like the monocle got detached from the hat - it was tacked on above the gears so that it wasn't dangling - the thread must have come loose. You can retack it or leave it hanging - whichever you like Smiley

Averia, this hat is actually a bit bigger than the ornaments I sent you - theoretically, it can be worn (it's actually pretty cute on).

Still a few more packages to arrive before we can close out this round - can't wait to see them!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015 04:50:06 PM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Smeddley

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015 12:55:14 PM »

Oh, I actually like it dangling!  Happy accident, that!

I've already Tardis-baked, no pictures, but I made 10 dozen cookies for a wedding reception for a friend (and an extra 2 dozen for us) so it's officially broken in (floured).  I LOVE the pockets, I put my phone in one and was able to listen to music while I worked.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015 05:06:04 PM »

Excellent! Glad you are enjoying it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015 08:04:32 PM »

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2015 06:33:33 AM »

So I am back online today and then offline for a week...arrgh!...what a thing it is to live in middle of nowheres ville Ireland...

anyway I got a fabulous package yesterday from Jemimah...

This is my favourite thing, she did some lino cutting for me and I love this design (wouldn't it make fabulous fabric!) I have a love themed wall in my kitchen and it is going to get framed and go straight on there.

that is not all, some more lovely art work and a great card

and she made me this beautiful little tea wallet, it is so well made, shows a lot more patience than I am capable of, I love the colours too. Plus as an extra she made this cowl for herself, but decided that since she is decamping to somewhere warm that my need was greater than hers...and it is cold here. It kept me toasty while walking by the lake yesterday.

I have loved this swap...I had two wonderful partners Wendiek and jemimah and have loved my packages,Thanks LuckDragon for running this, it is my new favourite swap...so next time it rolls around, feel free to ask me to dance anyone....xxx

happy new year..I am off into the wilderness again

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2015 04:04:28 PM »

Mmmhm, I received from Averia today! And even though I don't have action shots of everything yet, I had to show you everything! Behold:

A black t-shirt with an embroidered flower, the t-shirt is a perfect fit (and stretchy & warm, so comfy!)

I think the flower will even show when I'm wearing my favourite pullovers, I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Detail:

I might have been hinting for t-shirts once or twice...  Grin

So here is another one, this one with cute little flowers along the neckline. Did I mention that brown, as purple, is a weird colour to take pictures of? Just the detail shot for now:

Anyway, one of the very few colours I actually wear is brown

A purple kusudama. I loved the patterned black and white one Averia to schnerby, but I like this even better!
Please note the cord in matching colours!

And here is my little (big!) one in her new favourite skirt, a rainbow tutu! It is so very shimmery, fine and pliant, such lovely tulle. (The stuff you get here is pretty rough, compared to this.)

(This was after I got her to hold still for a second, and told her that this was HERS, not mine...) The colours are a bit brighter, but it was dark already.

Thank you so much Ave, I really and truly love it! We'll just have to keep on swapping until we run out of ideas for each other... And if that should ever be the case, there's always Craftster and Pinterest for inspiration Grin
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015 04:16:20 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2015 04:39:44 PM »

Oh, and as spikefan has a little camera trouble right now I'm allowed to post what I sent her:

Another bracelet for her mom, that just happened while I was thinking about the actual item, just regular seedbeads on memory wire. Because I really had to get started at some point, and I still wasn't sure what to make. At first I had problems deciding what kind of item to make, then there was the theme (or rather too many of those), and the individual parts... I'm just more relaxed when I can play with beads while trying to come up with things.

I wanted to make it beachy, so I added the little bottle (ca. 1/2"?) with sand and shells.

And this is what I finally decided on. Except for that little Tardis patch bottom left, I didn't really "decide" on that, but rather "resign"  - I tried to make it slimmer four or five times and it would always come out round again...  Roll Eyes

It is about 5cm (2") tall and wide, and as always with tiny things I might have been cussing a bit  Wink while thoroughly enjoying myself!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015 04:43:30 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2015 06:08:13 PM »

Thanks for posting pictures! The bracelet is beautiful, I can't wait to give it to my mom for mother's day. And I love the Doctor Who mini TM patch/poptart! Isn't the adipose so cute?! And can you believe that tiny sonic screwdriver and all of the tiny stitching?! I have to have a collection of these little things now. Cheesy

I have also received from Averia! Unfortunately I can't seem to get anything to work together so I can get some good pictures, so I had to use an old phone's camera to get pics uploaded. She made me not one but two wonderful tablet cases, a Doctor Who themed one and a Supernatural themed one. Love them and they fit perfectly! She also sent some extra Sherlock fabric that I can't wait to use.

I'm working on a collection of embroidered moths/butterflies and Averia made me a beautiful butterfly stumpwork embroidery that just blows my mind. The stitching is amazing! I hope she can share some better pictures or posts a thread for it so you can see it better.
Thanks so much anna.wahnsinn and Averia for the amazing packages and for swapping with me!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015 12:37:16 PM by spikefan - Reason: Added better pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...