A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
123 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Rd. 10 Gallery  (Read 44161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
P_E_S_T
Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2014 02:43:07 AM »

I agree Smiley it's almost like Christmas every day Smiley can you imagine a fireplace bedecked with our stockings !!!! It would make an awesome photo !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014 06:50:55 AM »

What a lovely way to do a tardis stocking!

Those chocolates are just too fun...they would be great for anyone who is handy or not! yum!

Love seeing all of the stockings...yes, a picture of all them on a fireplace would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
sweetyetevil
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2014 11:07:04 AM »

I have some of the oil based markers(Michael's brand) and they are great! Did you buy those recently?! hmmmm

Beth always needs cool skully ornaments. haha

I am excited for you to open your goodies. You have more patience that I do!  Wink

I'm glad you like the goodies I sent.  On the spoon rest, I used an oil based sharpie that I found at Joanns.  I personally have never used them before but they are suppose to be water proof and dishwasher safe.  They sounded awesome, I plan to use them to decorate some mugs with pictures of pugs on them.   Cheesy  On the colorful hat, slippers and scarf I seen you loved color so I wanted to make lots of bright cheerful and warm winter goodies for you.  It was fun crafting for you.  I think the skully ornaments were my favorite items to make though.  I thought to myself "yes, Beth needs skully ornaments!"  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014 11:18:54 AM »

More great additions to the gallery.  I of course LOVE all the skully items!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2014 11:22:08 AM »

The one that I was most proud of is squishy and an odd shape. I thought I wrapped it in blue pattern Christmas paper but I do not see it in the picture lol but it is very inspired by something you posted, Rachel!
 Yeah the Sesame Street paper was sitting there after wrapping some kiddie gifts so I said what the heck!  Grin

I did two partners in this swap.  So, now its time to post photos from  sweetyetevil.  Receiving this, today really lifted my spirits, which needed some lifting this week.  Anyways....I'm waiting to open the gifts on Christmas but, I would love to share pictures of everything wrapped.  Beth, which item was the one you finished that you were the most proud about?  I want to save that one til last to open on Christmas morning.  So it can be the grand finale.  Cheesy

My stocking and a little sock monkey.  I adore pugs.  So, as soon as I saw the stocking I couldn't help but smile.  The pugs on the fabric looks just like my darling little Buddha.  And I also love sock monkeys so thought the little one was adorable.  Buddha loves them too and tried to steal the little monkey.  Smiley  I think I might have to give it to him.  His old monkey toy is so old...its loosing its fur.  And he sucks on it until he falls asleep, so I know he will love this new little monkey.  

Now a group shot of the presents.  That Sesame Street paper had me cracking up.  And I am wondering what is wrapped in the bubble wrap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvan
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2014 11:51:51 AM »

Oh I'm so glad you're happy with the stocking, Summer!! It was all fun to make. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2014 01:55:17 PM »

I bought it after I got your questionnaire.  I wanted to make you that spoon rest and was researching oven bake sharpies, and online people were saying the original sharpies didn't work and some suggested oil based sharpies.  I have yet to try it on a mug yet.  Ive been so busy with making xmas gifts for this swap and for family.  After Christmas though...I'll give it a whirl. 

As for patience, the kiddo is begging me to open my presents.  I told him we would open them tomorrow to celebrate the weekend.  So.......yeah....patience is harder when you have someone enabling you.  LOL

I have some of the oil based markers(Michael's brand) and they are great! Did you buy those recently?! hmmmm

Beth always needs cool skully ornaments. haha

I am excited for you to open your goodies. You have more patience that I do!  Wink

I'm glad you like the goodies I sent.  On the spoon rest, I used an oil based sharpie that I found at Joanns.  I personally have never used them before but they are suppose to be water proof and dishwasher safe.  They sounded awesome, I plan to use them to decorate some mugs with pictures of pugs on them.   Cheesy  On the colorful hat, slippers and scarf I seen you loved color so I wanted to make lots of bright cheerful and warm winter goodies for you.  It was fun crafting for you.  I think the skully ornaments were my favorite items to make though.  I thought to myself "yes, Beth needs skully ornaments!"  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2014 10:08:37 AM »

I meant to wait until Christmas, I really did. But... I opened one, then two, then more... before I knew it there were fewer still wrapped then opened and it seemed like I should just finish the job already. So, I did. Grin

Behold, wonderment from P_E_S_T...

Here is everything together:
(Three items in the upper left were not photographed by themselves. They are a paper bird model, a window star kit, and a resin bangle with swallows encased within.)

Three little birds, a sculpted heart (that came about after a conversation we had when things were rough for me), and a wing pendant with a quote that completely speaks to me right now and actually made me cry when I opened it:

These little felted cups with ceramic centers (I was told that the little ceramic bowls are from France!). A beautifully embroidered bracelet. How. She spoiled me for sure.

An embroidered sketchbook cover. There is a pocket on the inside too:

This amazing wall hanging featuring Jolene's own photos printed on fabric and embroidered:

And... when there wasn't enough to stuff in the stocking she added one final, amazing piece... the sewing machine cover!

Action shots:

There is a pocket on the side:

You went above and beyond my dear. Everything here is so amazing and so me and so lovingly crafted. We've swapped a couple of times now and I feel like this is the start of a beautiful friendship. Wink Thank you so much. <3

I forgot to include these in the group shot. She made knitted bowls too for keeping things in. I <3 these. I got a little emotional when I opened these too. I say "bits" a lot. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014 10:59:17 AM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
P_E_S_T
Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2014 12:20:00 PM »

Ha Smiley so glad it was all ok x especially the machine cover !!! My friendly sewing machine doctor helped me get the dimensions of your machine and then it was a bit of a stab in the dark to make up a pattern.
Now...... To wait patiently by my door for my parcel Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2014 12:58:41 PM »

The kiddo talked me into opening my stockings early.  Grin  So I have goodies to share.  First up is my stocking from sweetyetevil.  I already posted a photo of the stocking and unopened presents so, here's all the opened goodies.  

First was a fox pin board.  Cute little fox fabric.

Next was a whimsy jar!  These things are so fun.

Then I opened some cork ornaments.  A very interesting use of these.

Of course candy was included.  Not pictured is some every flavor jelly beans.  The kiddo grabbed them to keep.  Thats alright though because Im not brave enough to try them.  As some of the flavors were sweaty socks and boogers!  Cheesy

Pug charm with with interchangable necklaces.

oil markers.  How funny because we were just talking about the one I had.  But now I have a whole set of them! I will have a ton of mugs decorated with pugs now.

Next is some fun coffee post its and a most delicious smelling pencil.  It smells just like gingerbread cookies.

Also included was a cute fox zipper pouch, a handmade chap stick and a little holder for it.  

And just when I thought my goodies couldnt get any more awesome I opened up a mauraders map!!

Then I opened pug coasters!  Ah yes!

Then some soft glorious yarn!!!  

And then.....there was the most awesome pug cards!!!  Be still my beating heart!  I adore these!!

My final gift I unwrapped was a very cool apron in tattoo fabric!  Oh yeah!

There was also a little sock monkey and some Christmas straws.  Currently my dog is playing with the sock monkey and the straws are already being used.  Smiley

Thank you so much sweetyetevil.  This stocking was super fun to open!  Everything is great!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014 02:27:08 PM by littlefawnpug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...