A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Rd. 10 Gallery  (Read 46343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Renstar
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2014 12:19:25 PM »

My partner was Sylvan. 

She has done an amazing job. Her other partner must be so excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

37/50 2013 | 51/50 2014 | 20/50 2015 | 7/50 2016 | 13/50 2017
17/50 2018

http://pinterest.com/renstar1
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2014 04:14:26 PM »

Oh, handmade socks!  Love them!  I bet that stocking took forever to make with all that weaving.  Your partner must of been busy for hours knitting those socks and weaving that stocking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
Renstar
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2014 04:39:24 PM »

I know, but not only that, Sylvan had another partner to make for, so she must have been super busy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

37/50 2013 | 51/50 2014 | 20/50 2015 | 7/50 2016 | 13/50 2017
17/50 2018

http://pinterest.com/renstar1
BadWolf
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2014 06:27:38 PM »

LovelyMiss spoiled me, everything was AMAZING!

I love this stocking SO much. It is my "official" stocking this year. I love anything to do with kitties and I love plaid, so this fits the bill!

This awesome journal and fabric cover with a pocket I absolutely adore. I love the fabric you used and I love journals, even though I fuss over what to write in them Smiley

Cute red hat with some shiny goodness to it! This photo does it no justice. It is a little small, so I'm going to do as LovelyMiss suggested and wet it and stretch it a bit.

Super cute card she sent! I'm going to frame it to use as a decoration Cheesy

A handmade bar of soap and a lotion bar. We love handmade soap here and I've never had a lotion bar so this is very exciting! They both smell terrific!

Cabin ornament! I thought I had so many ornaments, but our tree was actually looking empty, so this guy was very welcome. It goes perfectly with the cabin incense burner I have. Spot on!

Sorry for the photo of the box, the tumblr itself is in my Mom's car. Oops. Anyway, I love Doctor Who and I really needed a new reusable mug. I feel so spoiled!

I love this scarf! I can't knit at all, so I really appreciate when people make knit items for me, and this scarf is nice and light so I can wear it to work without feeling bogged down. Thanks!

I've always wanted one of these! This is so thoughtful and I feel like I totally should have gotten you more now. So this baby has two "always on" outlets on it, and the other two automatically power down when not in use. We're always trying to find little ways to save some power, so this is perfect!

This photo is blurry, but it's super cute and LovelyMiss embroidered some of the red details. I'm still deciding where I want to hang it, either the hallway or in the craft room.

A card for each Hogwarts house! Did you make these, LovelyMiss??? They are so cool!!! I may be obsessed with HP...maybe...definitely...yep.

Sweet delicious sugary goodness!

I forgot to take photos of two of my favorite items, I'll post them tomorrow! One is a beautiful woven hanging that I immediately put in the living room, but moved to the craft room because the Christmas tree is in that spot now. The second is a cute mugrug with kitties on it Cheesy It is currently in use!

Thank you so much, LovelyMiss! You are an A++ Partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2014 07:09:05 PM »

Yay!  Glad you liked everything, BadWolf!  I just laughed when I saw that cat fabric, and then was so happy to find a plaid remnant that perfectly matched the cats.  I didn't even keep looking after that, I just decided that was going to be the stocking.  Cheesy 

If you just wet the hat and put it around something (larger than your head Tongue) until it dries, it should help to stretch it a bit.  The stitches ended up a tad tighter than I expected, but it will definitely stretch with a little help.  And yep, I made the HP cards...the mascots were cut with my Silhouette, and I designed the backgrounds in gimp. 

Thanks for being such a fun partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvan
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2014 03:41:58 AM »

In the interest of honesty, the socks weren't intended for Renstar when I began them. I had been given some sock yarn by a friend and used it to learn how to make socks. I had put the project on the back burner a few months back.

In your questionnaire you said that orange was one of your favourite colours, and my eyes fell on the mostly finished socks and went "aha!!"

So I finished the socks because someone would like the colour better than i would.  I only had to finish the cuff on the socks during the crafting period. :p

The stocking was a lot of work, but kind of fun to do since I could rewatch Stargate while weaving. I'm glad I decided to not do two panels like this though. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2014 03:52:23 AM »

Loving everything that everyone got so far!  Such an amazing crafty group.  I got my stocking last week but there has been a lot of chaos in my world and I am just getting around to posting now.  Be prepared for a picture overload Smiley

This is the stocking I received from fluffypants and its FANTABULOUS!

A tin filled and I mean filled with my favorite Christmas cookie of all time!  Peppernuts!!!!!
And I am barely sharing them with anyone else...because I don't have to. lol

A whole amazing bunch of teddy eyes.  These are amazing because we don't have a single store here that sells them, and the only place I can find them is online.  I already have 2 sets of eyes being used in Christmas gifts I am making my kids.

Some really cute sock monkey pictures.

2 really pretty necklaces.  Its hard to get a good picture of the one on the right, its a resin necklace with a gorgeous snowflake in the centre.

2 tiny notebooks....I plan on putting these in my fairy terarium.

adorable light up snowman magnets.  They have taken up permanent yearly residence on my fridge Smiley

A super cute tiny little clay fairy house!  This is going in my terarium as well.  If you take off the roof it even has a tiny little place to leave a secret message.

some candy that my kids promptly claimed, and some chapstick that I snuck into my work bag before my kids had a chance at stealing it as well.

3 ornaments for my tree....with mouths that open to store candies....my kids decided they each get one of these as well.

Some wacky pencils. These bring back many childhood memories.  I had to spin and poof each one.

The most amazing...stellar...perfect gift for me ever!!!!
BUTTONS!!  and The best ones in the world!!!

A cool jar with a monogrammed "B".

And some real Maple Syrup.  If you have never had it...you will never know what you are missing!  Its the bombdigity...and no I am not sharing mine with my kids Smiley

A really neat bag...I love to read...this is my new work bag.

A cute little loyalty card wallet....I will fill this in no time.

And last but not least 2 really neat pictures with wonderful quotes

Thank you so very much fluffypants!  I feel spoiled!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/brieannao/

I am always up for a personal swap!
fluffypants
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2014 07:49:48 AM »

Ahh, I'm so glad the jar and frames arrived without breaking! I'd been worried about that since packing the box. Funny story about the jar, I was walking through Home Outfitters when I saw them, and thought they were really cute. I was digging through them all and they only had "B"s (your initial) and "M"s (my initial)! No other ones in sight. I thought it was "meant to B!" Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2014 08:29:31 AM »

I did two partners in this swap.  So, now its time to post photos from  sweetyetevil.  Receiving this, today really lifted my spirits, which needed some lifting this week.  Anyways....I'm waiting to open the gifts on Christmas but, I would love to share pictures of everything wrapped.  Beth, which item was the one you finished that you were the most proud about?  I want to save that one til last to open on Christmas morning.  So it can be the grand finale.  Cheesy

My stocking and a little sock monkey.  I adore pugs.  So, as soon as I saw the stocking I couldn't help but smile.  The pugs on the fabric looks just like my darling little Buddha.  And I also love sock monkeys so thought the little one was adorable.  Buddha loves them too and tried to steal the little monkey.  Smiley  I think I might have to give it to him.  His old monkey toy is so old...its loosing its fur.  And he sucks on it until he falls asleep, so I know he will love this new little monkey.  

Now a group shot of the presents.  That Sesame Street paper had me cracking up.  And I am wondering what is wrapped in the bubble wrap.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014 09:27:51 AM by littlefawnpug - Reason: picture was upside down » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2014 08:12:44 PM »

I received from P_E_S_T today, package 1 of 2. (The stocking had to be sent separately and isn't here yet, perhaps Monday). I opened it to find these beautiful paper origami stars on top. I must find something befitting to do with them to keep them nice. I might just pin them to my wall. Grin I can't wait to open the gifts. I am anxious to know what's inside, but I really like surprises. We are waiting until Christmas. (If mine makes it to her in time!) I will share the stocking pick as soon as it arrives.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...