A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
187 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Rd. 10 Gallery  (Read 44069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014 01:02:41 AM »

Loving all the different stockings! I am not a very skilled seamstress so I am a little embarrassed with the one I sent. Its more decorative than functional I'm afraid.

Wait til you see mine, and I CAN sew! Mine is reversible but other than that it's just two pieces of cotton and NO embellishments! Kept thinking about embellishments but husband kept saying it was good as it is so I listened to him and am now regretting it! Also I made the foot of mine way too small!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have an Etsy shop selling my genuine gemstone wirework jewellery - Pretty Twisted Gems
My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
beeker
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014 04:44:08 AM »

I don't sew either. ...I hand stitch and try to fake it :-)! I'm sure all the stockings are beautiful in their own way. Sometimes you need fancy and sometimes you need simple. Something for everyone's decorating needs Wink plus part of the beauty is in the time and care you put into making something for someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014 04:45:39 AM »

My stocking  arrived from sharalee.....yesterday but life did not allow me to post pictures.   I collect TM Patches and right smack dab in the middle is the cutest snowman TM patch.  Sharalee went to great care by pinning it on so that if I wanted to remove it I could.  She also made a super cute bow and added it the came way.  Holy moly the stocking is perfect.  I took several photos and one has it lying on a throw rug that is in my living room.  I also have a large round rug just like it under my coffee table.  When I say perfect match of colors that I like to decorate with.......when has she been inside my house?HuhHuh  Grin  Since yesterday I was determined to get my tree up my reward was to open my parcel when tree was complete.... and boy what a reward it was.  I also open a few gifts that Sharalee said were extras.....  A sewn mug caddy with mug and sewing kit.....I love the mug and will need to replace it with one in my stash that really doesn't appeal to me as know way will this one stay covered up.......I have made these before for swaps but as you all know we seldom make anything for ourselves and I yep you guessed it now I can mark that item off of my do list for me..... Kiss Kiss Kiss

Another extra that I opened ended up being CHOCOLATE  Kiss

Not sure how long I can hold out before opening another present!!!!! Will keep everyone posted if I cave!!!!!!!!

Decided to throw my emotional side out there as well tis the season.......the stocking fabric is perfect.....my avatar is my senegal parrot that I lost a few years back......she was like a three year old went everywhere with me...loved to go camping  rode around on my shoulder and had a very large vocabulary.....she knew when we started packing up to go to the lake and would always start saying......... going camping going camping.....she loved the dogs called them by name... often asked what are you doing while I sat and crafted and loved to get into beads and such.  She was what we called a cannibal as her perfect people food was chicken and french fries, she also loved to sit on my coffee cup and have a sip or two.  She was one spoilt bird!    I searched from the time I got off until dark for her for over 3 months with daily drives in the neighborhood.......I can only pray that she found a home that needed her more than I did!!!!  Yes her name is Paisley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014 08:24:56 AM »

My stocking arrived from the talented kittykill this week and I've been waiting for several days for the sun to come out to take good photos and finally gave up today because I'm not sure that I'll ever see it again!

First off the FANTASTIC hand stitched items. I am in total awe of her mad skills:

Not only was there an adorable, personalized stocking, but 2 tea towels, a Wonder Woman (my craft room has slowly become a WW shrine, LOL) stitched in-the-hoop meme, and a gorgeous sugar skull in the hoop design with a cool lace background. Both of these will be hanging in my sewing area!

Adorable ornaments including an adorable washi tape birdhouse and a folded fabric star ornament (I've had this on my Pinterest for ages and have been in awe at how amazing it looks).

Fun stuff: Homemade bath bombs that smell delicious, an accent warmer (I've never owned one before so I'm anxious to give it a try), a very cool tumbler with a snow globe inside, cute socks, pens\pencils\erasers, and a Halloween pumpkin that TOTALLY matches my mantel (http://stacysews.com/entry/2012/0924_mixed-media-banner-tutorial/)

Lastly, my favorite of the bunch - a totally amazing ornament wreath!

Thank you kittykill for such a fabulous package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014 09:25:10 AM »

Yeah! So glad that everything got to you safe. It was fun crafting for you.

I received from Lindyv321. Everything is so perfect for me.

My stocking, already on my mantle.

Cute cupcake ornament for my pink tree

The cutestest best little doe hoop ever. I am keeping this up all year long.

Lots of Loot! The Book of Life Lunchbox is AWESOME!

Two wonderful Christmas necklaces. I love miniatures and charms so they are perfect

I forgot to take a picture of my little shrine and my adorable ornament so I stole these from Lindy

Thank you so much, Lindy! I love EVERYTHING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014 12:04:05 PM »

The gallery is so fun!  I love seeing every ones goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
BadWolf
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2014 07:45:03 AM »

That is such a cool stocking, kittykill!

I am definitely posting photos tonight, batteries are charging. We put our tree up yesterday so I'm all decked out in spirit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2014 08:53:26 AM »

That is such a cool stocking, kittykill!

I am definitely posting photos tonight, batteries are charging. We put our tree up yesterday so I'm all decked out in spirit!

Yay!  I'll be opening my package and posting photos tonight too!  Oh the agony in waiting!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2014 09:37:59 AM »

Everyone has received such great goodies!  I received on Saturday from StacySews and am in love with everything!

I am glad you enjoyed your package kittkill!  Hope the peppermint bark made it safely and didn't get melty.  My daughter tried VERY hard to steal that Book of Life lunchbox from your package!

First here is the beautiful stocking with my name on it!

All the wonderful goodies!

A new mug, mug rug, and coffee!  I wonder how she knew that I am addicted to World Market coffee??

This amazing skeleton which will be displayed all year long.

Butterbeer Cookie mix.  Yum! I did some baking this past weekend and have more planned for this weekend and these will be in my lineup.

My very own Yeti ornament!  He's not going on the tree though, he's going to live in my craft room.

A gorgeous pillow.  Love the scrappy look of it.

A hilarious feminine product pouch.

SQUEEE and mini tree skirt for my mini Halloween tree!!!

Finally, a skully lanyard, the best tasting lipbalm in it's own pouch, a Jack Skellington necklace, and some extras.

There was also a super cute cork reindeer ornament but he didn't do so well while en route to my house.  We need to do a little hot glue gun surgery to get him well.   Stacy if you have a photo please share as I didn't take one and haven't had time to get him ready for pictures!  Thank you so much I LOVE everything!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014 09:40:02 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2014 10:11:50 AM »

Staceysews sent that package to the wrong house!

Such wonderful sewn items...I am drooling on my keyboard!  The pillow is killing me!  I know I should not covet, but I am!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...