A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED! HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2014/2015~  (Read 177675 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
seeuudee
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2015 12:18:59 PM »

I thought I had finished for this semester, but on deciding what to have for dinner this evening, decided on a recipe I pinned, so took pics for one last entry!  Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge - February
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Honey garlic chicken
Project Page Link (if available): https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/454933999834268092/
Brief Description: I pinned this recipe a few weeks back and decided to cook it for dinner this evening. It is definitely a keeper - we both loved it - although I would use a little less honey next time, it was just a touch too sweet.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2015 12:52:53 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Rainbow Bowls
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For Arithmancy, I used this pattern to make a set of rainbow nesting bowls for my partner for the Magic Yarn Ball swap.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Totoro
Brief Description: For Charms class, I crocheted a tiny Totoro with bright blue embroidery floss using this pattern.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: December
Project Name: Christmas Tree Skirt
Brief Description: For December's Detention, I crocheted a tree skirt to decorate my christmas tree using this pattern.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge: February
Project Name: Heart Bunting
Brief Description: For the February Headmistress Challenge, I was inspired by one of my MYB swap partner's pins to make a heart bunting using this pattern I found on Ravelry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Jammy Dodger Cookie Tape Measure Cover
Brief Description: For History of Magic, I disguised a tape measure by crocheting a cover to make it look like a Jammy Dodger cookie; I was inspired by this pattern.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Seamless Earflap Hat
Brief Description: For Muggle Studies, I used this pattern to crochet a hat for warm travel.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Toddler Slippers
Brief Description: For Study of Ancient Runes, I crocheted slippers using this pattern to ward off the cold this winter.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Button Flowers
Brief Description: For Transfiguration class, I used this pattern to make button flowers small enough to fit in a matchbox.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please message if you want my email! I'm on Ravelry, Goodreads, & Instagram!

& there's a Craftster group on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/craftsters-in-ravelry
gaudiknight
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2015 01:23:56 PM »

Time for an end of the semester project dump.  One item is for a swap, and the others might be sent along as well, so instead of pictures I'll just be posting links.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Hooflepoof
Project Name: Dress #4
Brief Description: I chose the fabric for this skirt because it reminded me of the mountainous landscapes of Nepal.  The jagged lines also bring to mind Nepal's flag, which is one of the only ones in the world that is not a rectangle. 

Picture Hidden Here

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Long Sweater Coat
Project Page Link: Littlefee Double Breasted Jacket (ravelry link)
Brief Description: When traveling through as much snow as we've been having, it is important to stay warm.  Jackets are nice, but long coats are even better, since they help keep your knees cozy.

Linkety Link

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Crochet Dolly
Project Page Link: Free Spirit Amigurumi Doll Pattern and Yarn Doll Wig Tutorial
Brief Description: I am crocheting a doll for a swap, and needed to make it a nice, thick wig.  It involved cutting hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of strands of yarn, and then pulling the plies apart into their individual strands for extra curl and bounce.  I am really pleased with the results.

No peaking, underthemountain!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2015 03:25:20 PM »

A couple more projects to slip under the wire!

Class: Detention - January
House: Gryffindor
Name: Jelly beans down in my belly bean

I've had this yarn for forever - as in, since right before I went off maternity leave the FIRST time!  I've swatched it a few times, and picked out patterns a few times, and ripped it out a few times.  I finally sat down and knit a basic raglan sweater, from scratch without a pattern.  The fun yoke yarn is Jelli Beanz, so I named the sweater after one of our favourite songs from our moms group.

Class: Flying
House: Gryffindor
Name: Balloon card

My sister's birthday is coming up, and I decided to make her a card!  I found a tutorial online for this cute card that features balloon pop-ups inside.  I cut out the balloons freehand (I don't have a cutting machine), used acetate from a box for baby slippers, and stamps for the lettering and the front.  It's now in the post on it's way to the East Coast!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2015 04:35:33 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition Class
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Horder storage room to guest room 
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I know the prompt specifically said dont just clean your room, but this room had fallen prey to the dreaded Junkasarus Rex.  Years of random junk just being stacked in it had taken its toll.  As Winter set in, it became clear that while we LOVE our little cabin, not having had a chance to cut firewood last year made a distinct difference.  As we spent more and more cold nights curled up in the chairs in Netchezs living room, in front of her Dearborn heater, the need for a guest room became apparent.  I went through everything stuffed in the room.  I threw away and sorted.  I boxed up and stacked.  Weeks of work went into turning a horders delight into a functioning guest room.  It even has a place for a sewing machine so I dont have to sit on the floor to sew.  Please forgive the computer and WIP sitting on the bed. Smiley
Project Picture:

Horder's Storage Room

To Guest Room (w/storage corner)

With glorious glorious floor space Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2015 05:09:47 PM »

One more! Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Black Pepper
Project Name: All Grown Up Striped Slouch Hat
Brief Description: For the black pepper bean, I made a slouchy black and purple hat using this pattern.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please message if you want my email! I'm on Ravelry, Goodreads, & Instagram!

& there's a Craftster group on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/craftsters-in-ravelry
jenleahlynn
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2015 06:33:18 PM »

class-flying
house-gryffindor
project-muse prayer flag

my partner recieved her flag today! the word was 'muse' i found this starry night fabric that i love, but it didn't quite fit, so i put and iron on backing on it, cut it apart and ironed it back down.

i had this idea of the moon being in love with the stars, so i embroidered a face onto white felt, and some glass beads for sparkle.

class-febuary headmistress challenge-pin all the things!
house-gryffindor
project-hummingbird prayer flag

as part of the prayer flag swap, we were asked to make one for ourselves. my word was 'peace'. i had found this image on pinterest of a bird and flower, and had adapted it to make a stencil for a totebag for my grandmother last fall.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/129267451777429427/

i reused the stencil, and changed the image by adding a more flowers, and making the bird look more hand painted. i also gold highlights. i embroidered my word, and attatched it to a pale green background.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
jenleahlynn
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2015 07:26:49 PM »

class-apparition
spew-yes, youth group trip
house -gryffindor
project- shrink charm basket

our youth group is having a silent basket auction to raise money to attend a confrence. my daughter wanted to make a basket with shrinky dink charms, so we teamed up. she made the charms, and i made the bases for them. we ended up with 3 simple crochet bookmarks, along with a necklace and braclet crochet with ladder yarn. will see how the auction goes tommorow, and i'll get a better picture of the necklace on a model. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2015 07:32:58 PM »

Note from the Headmistress...

Reminder for everyone, that this semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong closes tonight! It officially closes at midnight Headmistress Time, aka Central Standard Time.  No project submissions made after that time will be counted for House Points.  Please remember that you must have a completed Header and a photograph with each submission.  (For all cooking projects you must also have posted a complete recipe, or a link to a complete recipe.  See page 1 of the thread for details/clarification on "complete recipe".)  Submissions with incomplete Headers or missing photos will NOT be counted. 

The Spring Semester will begin tomorrow morning.  I will post a notice once it has officially opened.  Probably around 8:00 or 10:00 am, Headmistress Time/CST.  Please be so kind as to not post there until that time.  (Unless you are a Professor, claiming a classroom spot.)

Finally, the End of Term Feast will start sometime tomorrow, and run for a few days, during which there will be announcements of achievements, prize drawings, etc.  Please watch for this!  TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, you MUST list the country you live in, in your Craftster profile.  I know that privacy on the internet is an issue, and I do not ask you to list your specific location.  Locations of "Hogwarts", "Narnia", "the TARDIS", etc, might be funny, but they are not acceptable for the prize drawing.  The reason for this is that each of the folks who donates a prize in the drawings has limits on where then can afford ship to.  I cannot make decisions about those prizes, if I don't know where the recipient is.  There are a few folks in the Craftalong that have been passed over for prizes several semesters in a row, because they didn't bother to comply with this rule.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

#CraftstersNeverSayDie #AuRevoirNotGoodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain

Launching soon: Lettucecraft.com
Crafts Chats Swaps
Magpirate
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2015 09:25:32 PM »

Great hat, jellybean89!

jenleahlynn, I LOVE the muse prayer flag!

Here's my contribution to the last-minute posting frenzy:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Black Pepper
SPEW: N/A
Project Name: Rainbow Inchies
Brief Description: I love Phizzychick's rainbow inchies, they're so bright and fun.  She has a  tutorial on that post, which I used to make some of my own.  I mounted them on black posterboard to make them stand out.
Project Picture:

Detail:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms class
Project Name: Penguin Parade Cards
Brief Description: Way back in December I participated in the HPC card exchange, and I've finally remembered to turn my cards in for House points.  Roll Eyes  I drew the penguins in pen and colored them with colored pencils, then scanned them and printed them off for each of my cards.  I mounted the penguins on bluebell-colored card stock and sent them all around the world!  Unfortunately, didn't take pictures of all of them together before mailing, so this extra one will have to do.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes class
Project Name: Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Brief Description: This warm, hearty pot roast is great at warding off a chill!

Ingredients:
1 lb. chuck steak
1 (14-oz) can beef broth
1 chicken bullion cube
1/4 medium onion
1 small potato
5-6 baby carrots

Directions:
Line your slow cooker with a crock pot liner, if desired.  Pour the can of beef broth into the crock pot, drop in the bullion cube, and turn it on low.  Let that sit while you chop up your veggies.  When the bullion cube is dissolved, stir it up and add the steak, onion, carrots, and potato.  Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shiny.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...