A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 167664 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2015 06:50:44 PM »

Prompt: Red alert! New Years resolution

Team: Fandom

Bonus points:

Project Name: Wire pendants

Project link:

Brief Description: I have never had a chance to play around with wrapping and hammering wire, so, yay!

Project picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2015 06:52:31 PM »

Prompt:  February- paint the town
Team: randomizer
Bonus Points: 
Project Name: festival of lights
Project Link: 
Brief Description: our town was voted the best light display in the nation.  My little visitor got to see it at Christmas time.  This is her scrapbook page for that event.  The lights painted the city beautifully for a few weeks!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
mistress_batty
Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #582 on: February 28, 2015 08:17:35 PM »

I'm bummed that so much came up with work and getting sick and all these snow storms D: that it kept me from getting more done than I wanted. But! I'm excited with what I did finish and I'm lovin' the craft prompts. I wanna participate in the Spring round as well - lol and I'm ready for bright, warm, spring things.

Prompt:  Challenges - December: Around the World - Japan
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points:
Project Name: poptart scarf - swap in OWS rnd 110
Project Link:
Brief Description: I love cute foods. I use to collect kawaii stationary - I loved San-x characters. I've also been a fan of Twinkie Chan and her cutesy scarves for years. So when I saw rscowtown wanting a poptart scarf, I was excited and channeled my inner Twinkie and put this together for her!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  Challenges - December: Around the World - India
Bonus Points:
Project Name: spring mandala - swap in OWS rnd 110
Project Link:
Brief Description: I've been wanting spring time colors in my place because I'm so sick of winter :x lol so I went hunting for spring saris on Pinterest to see what I'd find. I started falling for this blue, green, and cream/gold color scheme.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/210261876327049698/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/79164905921405269/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2603712254724589/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/91268329924406562/

A girlie in the OWS wanted a mandala (something I"ve been obsessed with lately - and also Indian inspired) - so I had to accept the wish and make it for her!
She wanted spring feelings for her place as well, so things just came all together!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  Challenges  - January: Baby, It's Cold Outside - Brrr
Bonus Points:
Project Name: jewel-tone fingerless bow gloves
Project Link:
Brief Description: OWS rnd 111 item - made fingerless gloves for a lady so when she walks her dog, her hands are a little warmer!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  RED ALERT! - New Year's Resolution
Bonus Points:
Project Name: skull square
Project Link:
Brief Description: I hadn't tried intarsia knitting in years. I did it once years ago and it was not a pretty sight. lol I'm not confident with knitty to begin with, I"m much confident with crocheting. I agreed to an exchange with a girl on Reddit...she wanted a mug cozy with a skull on it. After lots of searching for the 'perfect' skull....I fell in love with this repeating pattern. I was surprised with how much easier it was this time and I really like how it turned out. I was surprised how it was kinda tight - so I've gotta ease up on the tension.
 So this was my first try at intarsia - so I kept this square for myself. <3 lol I'm proud of what I taught myself.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  RED ALERT! - Love is in the Air
Bonus Points:
Project Name: rose ring
Project Link:
Brief Description: I've never been given roses or jewelry for Valentine's (a book of stamps, mixed CDs, and stuffed animals, yes lol) -  so, this year I gave myself both in the form of this ring.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #583 on: February 28, 2015 10:45:51 PM »

The Winter Nerd Battles are CLOSED!
Head over to the Spring Nerd Battles thread to continue the crafting mayhem.

Thank you to everyone who participated this round, and to our staff and Team Captains that kept things running so smoothly!

Feel free to continue commenting on all of the fantastic projects, and watch for the Winter Award Ceremony in the coming weeks.
And don't forget to periodically check in with the Discussion thread to stay up-to-date on Nerd News, and chat with other players.

The Raffle entry period will begin on March 2nd!  Look for the final ticket count to be posted by Monday morning.  Check out the great line up of prizes and review the Raffle rules here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2015 11:24:08 AM »

PLEASE SEE THE RAFFLE ROUNDUP POST ASAP FOR TICKET COUNT AND ENTRY INFORMATION.
Raffle entries must be received by 11:59 pm central time on March 5, 2015.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2015 09:27:43 AM »

LovelyMiss you were busy! Super cute owl basket. I love those things. They are so cute and I absolutely love it when I make something useful. The fabric on the second one is really nice too. I love foxes and those were a neat stylized design. I am coveting that book fabric. Oh how I love books! (Hence team Wordy!). The needle book, once again, useful which makes it even better. Love that fabric that you used. Its very pretty! Cute little cross stitch.  WOW! On the Apollo Cupcake doll. He looks fantastic and like it took forever to make! Amazing Curiosity shrine. Love all the textures! And anything with an Alien has my attention. The mermaid shrine is so adorable and so personal. Awe. I am sure she loves that! Lucky Lana! Cool Tardis wallet case. Everyone needs a wristlet at some point in their lives. Great design. Love that deer fabric too. Oooh to rummage thru your stash would be a dream. You have such great fabrics! Fabric and paper are my two mediums of choice too. Great cards. Love that little smiling orange. And the banana bread looks so yummy I can almost smell it! Great project on the Days for Girls shields. It is such a great thing to do!

Inselaeffchen HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I think. LOL! The card looks great! Never had kale but its so popular on here I might have to give it a try. 

Calabaza Adorable little monsters! I am sure they are both having a blast in there new homes now! Love the little bag with the second guy. His home is very pretty too. Cute door dcor as well.

CraftADDchick Love the colors that you chose (or your Mom picked) for the dresser cover. It turned out really nice! I am sure she loves it. That is a very pretty hat too and such a sweet thing to do for the kids. Great cards! Love that stamp! Fun woven hearts and very pretty dishcloth. I would never use it for fear of ruining it. Ditto on the scrubbies. LOL!

Smeddley Those dragon boxes are amazing. They are just too darned cute! I like the pink one best. That was so sweet of you to make the sling for your friend. I am sure she rocked it! And you are killing me with that RRH & Wolf dolls! I LOVE them. I am SO jealous. I want them so bad. I have an insurable RRH obsession. Cool bookmark. Love all the tiny details.

Mountains and Clouds Very cool wire wrapping! The flower one in my favorite. It just looks so pretty.

Crazyda79 Congrats on the Light Display award. It looks like it was a lot of fun (and very bright). Your visitor looks like he had a ball! And his star matches your border. LOL!

Mistress_batty that scarf is so cute. Love the little bite taken out of the last one! Beautiful mandala. The colors are very pretty. Especially that pinkish color near the middle. Cute bow gloves. Very cool mug cozy! And what a great idea for a present to yourself. Awesome ring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2015 09:30:04 AM »

digging that poptart scarf!  So fun! I especially love the bite mark...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2015 11:08:40 AM »

Thanks, gozer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #588 on: March 06, 2015 05:15:50 AM »

~*Congratulations, Fabric!*~
You have won the February Battle Royale.

For the paper-preferers:

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #589 on: March 06, 2015 06:50:20 AM »

~*WINTER NERD BATTLES AWARD CEREMONY*~

The Winter Nerd Battles were a fantastic display of outstanding craftiness!

Here we will recognize the crafty accomplishments of 2014-2015 Winter Nerd Battles players.  Awards will be given out for different achievements throughout the season.

WINTER NERD BATTLES STATS:
The Fall Nerd Battles lasted 90 days.
During that time 24 players turned in 335 projects.
Thats nearly 4 projects per day and 14 projects per person!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015 11:51:19 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...