A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173485 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: February 10, 2015 09:22:44 AM »

You know I didn't peek, cas that just isn't me, but I think it's funny that we used each other for the "Love is in the Air" prompt. Too funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2015 09:44:10 AM »

You know I didn't peek, cas that just isn't me, but I think it's funny that we used each other for the "Love is in the Air" prompt. Too funny!

Yeah, that wasn't lost on me, either! LOL!  We are a mutual admiration society, apparently.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2015 03:08:53 PM »

~*Congratulations, rockingbearranch!*~
You are the first to earn the "Paint the town" challenge badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2015 10:50:45 PM »

Oh my gosh, bunny, that ATC IS SO COOL!!! I am super jealous, gozer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2015 06:56:31 AM »

Mmmmh... posting some projects bit by bit this time instead of huge post, I think... Wink Still trying to figure out which prompts to use for some.

Prompt: RED ALERT - HOLIDAY SPIRIT
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Arm Warmers for my big sis
Project Link: (if available) http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-beginners-wrist-warmers-with-ridges/
Brief Description: This are the arm warmers I crocheted for my big sis' christmas present while my mum was visiting in December.
Project Picture:

Prompt: JANUARY - Brr
Project Name: Miss Martian's Bailey Cowl
Project Link: (if available) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baylie-bear-cowl
Brief Description: I've purchased the Bailey cowl pattern (and the Burton Bear one - knitting) last year and had some nice wool in the cupboard. First attempt on doing something bigger (and doing a hat/cowl for that) in crochet than amigurumi. Miss Martian loves it. Smiley 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2015 10:29:37 AM »

Thanks, elliot_anne!

And I had to giggle at Miss Martian's pic - she is obviously delighted with her new cowl, but it appears that she also enjoyed a chocolate something-or-other!  A girl after my own heart!  Grin  And the arm warmers are lovely - such pretty yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #486 on: February 12, 2015 01:30:39 PM »

bunny1kenobi - yeah... I think she might have had a choc biscuit or something before taking the photo... Shocked  Wink

And more projects from me!! YAY!! More points for Team Multimedia!! Cheesy

Prompt: RED ALERT - New Year's Resolution
Bonus Points: N/a
Project Name: HP Coasters
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: There was a lot of talk on the Silhouette FB group about making coasters, using vinyl. I've never used Vinyl before with the Silhouette (I made these before the Jacksonville Jaguars ones I posted for the December Battle Royale) and had to think about a non-ornament item for my swap partner in the HP Holiday swap as he didn't have a Christmas Tree. So I decided to give vinyl a go. Smiley
Project Picture:

Prompt: JANUARY - Frozen Tundra
Project Name: Winter Tags for Crop Swap
Project Link: N/a
Brief Description: The quarterly tag swap came up again, and I decided on a wintry scene. This is made using the Silhouette to cut the Snowglobe shape, PanPastels for the colouring and stamps. Definitely in wintry/frozen colours.
Project Picture:

Prompt: FEBRUARY - Edward Scissorhands
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name: Monogrammed Napkins for MIL
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: More use for Vinyl!! Smiley The cutting was all done by the silhouette (but weeding had to be done by myself... phew!! FIDDLY!!  
Project Picture:

Prompt:  JANUARY - New Zealand
Project Name: HP Ornament
Brief Description: I had a bit of a block for the January prompts ... so I had to go with colours. I googled "New Zealand" and there were all those fantastic photos popping up with LOTS of blue - skies, sea, lakes .. fabulous. The blue bauble used for this Ornament reminded me of those blues. The Vinyl lettering spells "Accio Christmas". Wink
Project Picture:

Prompt: FEBRUARY - Basket Case
Bonus Points: N/a
Project Name: Blue Beetle Bag & Case
Brief Description: And the last bit of vinyl for this round I think... Wink In Scotland they now charge for bags at shops (yes, paper bags cost as well... EVEN THE ONES AT MCDONALDS, would you believe!!!! All bags are 5p now!), and while I have lots of cloth bags around which I frequently use, hubby thought they're too fiddly and bulky. So I came across a plain fold up shopping bag with a clip .. and given hubby's love for Blue Beetle (and you cannot get Merchandise with his logo at all!!) I just used vinyl to personalise it for him. Smiley
Layering non- heat transfer vinyl onto heat transfer vinyl is NOT a good idea given it has to be ironed ... so we had a little "bubblage" Wink .
Project Picture:

Prompt: FEBRUARY - Dye me a river
Project Name: Birthday Card
Brief Description: Made this card for a crafty friend of mine. Love using "silhouette" stamps, but you really need a good ink pad for the best results. STASH ONLY
Project Picture:

Prompt: FEBRUARY - Paint the Town
Project Name: Hand Print Canvases
Brief Description: We were trying to do hand prints in salt dough for the grandparents & auntie for Christmas - but somehow the salt dough was not compliant!! So I got out Canvases I had bought a couple of months ago "just in case" (as crafters do!) and some acrylic paints and let Miss Martian & Supergirl (aka the Hobbits!) loose on it ... with some guidance and helping pressing down the hands ... Smiley
Project Picture:
Photo includes our current Little Visitor, Huggle. Wink

Prompt: FEBRUARY - Stamp the Yard
Project Name: Christmas Cards
Brief Description: We don't do Christmas cards anymore (only online stuff nowadays) - but some people incl. neighbours are getting cards (shop bought), and then there are some selected few who WILL get home made cards - those who appreciate them. I've been doing some dry embossing with Embossing folders and then using stamps to create the picture.  STASH ONLY
Project Picture:

Prompt: January - C.O.L.D
Bonus Points: 10 (at Battle Leader's discretion of course! Wink )
Project Name: Cowl On Little Dear
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baylie-bear-cowl
Brief Description: Second attempt of the Baylie Bear cowl - this time fully sticking to the pattern. Wink It's a COWL ... so starts with C. This is now Supergirl's cowl...
Project Picture:

and a photo of Miss Martian and Supergirl together with the Cowls...

I think that's all the points you'll get from me this term, roler - I might be able to do a few more if I can fit them to prompts.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015 01:39:00 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #487 on: February 12, 2015 08:18:22 PM »

Holy cow! lnselaeffchen, you have been BUSY!!  I just got a silhouette machine and I'm still learning how to make it play nice.  Some things are just a snap for me, but others have been more challenging.  Did you buy the designs for the coasters?  They look great!

Also a big fan of the ornament ("Accio Christmas" -perfect!) and the greeting cards.  Lovely!

Speaking of the silhouette, I made some fairly simple kitchen decor with mine:

Prompt:  Feb battle - paper
Team: WORDY!!
Bonus Points: -0-
Project Name: Kitchen wisdom
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: These were cut on my silhouette in vinyl and applied to paper.  My teenaged son hung them up for me, what a sweetie!  Cheesy
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: February 13, 2015 06:57:56 AM »

Inselaeffchen -  I had no idea you were in Scotland. From now on I will read all your posts with an accent in my head. LOL! You have been a busy one! Oh my! All your projects are so fun and great. Love the arm warmers. With the weather we are having here in the southern US (but I dont have an accent so no need to read my posts that way) those arm warmers would come in useful! Like the flecks of colors too. Absolutely adorable bear cowls. The yarn looks extra soft too. Both little girls are adorable. Great coasters. I am partial to Ravensclaw. Wonderful snow globe tags. The deer are very cute. Does the vinyl stay on the napkins or did you make a stencil from the vinyl? They are very regal looking either way. Awesome ornament. Very professional looking. Very cool Blue Beetle Bag. I cant believe you have to pay for bags. As a cat owner (and you know what I am talking about if you are) we need bags! Plastic ones!! Do you even have the option of taking your food bagless at McDonalds? Or is it an automatic charge? I had no idea Silhouettes stamped. The birthday card is very pretty. Wonderful alternative to the salt dough stamps for the kids.
 Bunny1kenobi Awesome kitchen plaques! Those are so clever and neat!!! Love them. Love the colors you chose too. Fun idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #489 on: February 13, 2015 07:09:45 AM »

Gozer - teeehee, reading my posts in accent ... that's a new one. Can you read them quickly as well? Wink As far as I know Scottish is the fastest spoken version of English in the World! Shocked Thank you for your comments.

Bags for cats - owned them as a kid, so YES, know exactly what you mean!! You can still spend 5p per bag if you've forgotten your own. As for McDonalds - I got caught out at their Drive through as I didn't know they charge for PAPER bags, too. They DO make you aware of the charge though, and yes, you can take your meal bag-less. Bit of a mess though if you're choosing small fries to go - or even the bigger portions are always open at the top, so you may lose some of them!! Shocked

You can create stamps with silhouette - but in this case I meant just the type of stamp, i.e. you don't get details within the stamp.

As for the napkins - I used HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) which is for fabrics - it stays on and can be washed ok.

Bunny - Oh... new Silhouette owner!! I classify myself as a newbie still, as it doesn't really come out of the box that much (can't do much crafting with those twins around!!). There are Harry Potter cutting files, and the House Crests are for sale as well, but I could only find it for Teachers. Hubby did the file conversion for me from a jpg. However, I believe Silhouette America does have HP Files which are NOT accessible for non US residents ... gggggrrrrr!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015 08:57:41 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...