A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173484 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elliot_anne
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2015 09:14:08 PM »

Prompt: Flash Mob: January
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name: Zombear Embroidery
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437704.0
Brief Description: Zombies definitely fit the bill for me! Every time I watch anything with zombies in it (even movies like Shaun of the Dead that are supposed to be funny), I have TERRIBLE nightmares for weeks afterward. However, I still wanted him kind of cute and cuddly because he is going on the wall in my baby's room, so I decided to change his brains and ribs showing to stuffing popping out instead. He does have actual stuffing coming out, and also a real button for an eye.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2015 09:31:14 PM »

Super adorable! I want it in my bedroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2015 10:45:57 PM »

Awww, cute zombie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
kwality570
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2015 05:37:41 AM »

Love the embroidery going on here. 
Elliot_anne - Great take on the seahorse and bear.  You have a great imagination and it shows!
Ludi - If I was going to make something like that, it would take me until my 136th birthday.  Love the eeriness of those eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2015 06:54:23 AM »

since I last commented....

Ludi Crazy amount of work! I will have to check out your site when youre done. Be sure to let us know! Already commented on your Research Project but its worth saying again. SUPER cool!
 FreakieGeekie Not a fan of pink? I cant imagine. I love pink. The bag is really cute. I especially love pink with that muted green but it doesnt read as camo to me. I see little flowers in a field.
 elliot_anne Very cool and clean looking hoopla. Clever idea with the stamps on the background. Very cute zombear.
 rockingbearranch intriguing

way to show some Team Wordy work this week! I should have at least two more by Monday. Just need to go get a quick supply.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2015 07:24:41 AM »

Thanks, guys!   Smiley

All the amazing stitchery is making me want to go get out my embroidery stuff...

Do i!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2015 09:02:19 AM »

Zombear!  Love the stuffing that's poking out here and there. Perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2015 09:15:44 AM »

Ludi - Having worked on websites myself in the past, I totally agree that it involves crafting, especially to make the sites visually appealing at all!  I will totally check yours out when it's ready; I've already really enjoyed your youtube links and things a lot! Smiley  Also, your research project is amaaaaaazing!!  Very very cool mix of techniques, and the thickness of the plastic canvas gives the eyes an extra depth that makes them even spookier!  I think it's so awesome that you were able to make that tribute to one of your heroes, learn something new, and come out with such an awesome piece of art all at once!! XD

FreakieGeekie - Super cute design for the bag! I really like the contrast between the squares.

elliot_anne - That steampunk seahorse is sooooo cool!!  Are you planning on doing anything else with the same design?  The black is very striking against your cool hand-made background, but I'd love to see it in color as well! Smiley  The zombear is also adorable!!  I agree with everyone that the real stuffing is a super cute touch. Smiley 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
elliot_anne
« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2015 12:28:41 PM »

Thanks everyone! I had my little girl early last year (can't believe she's almost a year already!!), so I didn't do hardly any crafting at all. I've been working on these little guys after she falls asleep at night (getting anything done with her awake is impossible because she wants to "help").

elliot_anne - That steampunk seahorse is sooooo cool!!  Are you planning on doing anything else with the same design?  The black is very striking against your cool hand-made background, but I'd love to see it in color as well! Smiley  The zombear is also adorable!!  I agree with everyone that the real stuffing is a super cute touch. Smiley 

Yea, I want to make a bunch of these with different carousel animals. Urban Threads has a ton of them, and I'd love to do a bunch. I want them all to have relevant stamped backgrounds. I debated satin stitching them in bronze and gold and silver, but I know I would get burnt out quick, seeing how many I want to do... I think I'm going to stitch them all in black thread, but the stamps might be different colors (like, the dragon might have red stamped images, and the lion might have orange).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2015 01:05:46 PM »

Prompt: Battle Royale - Warm
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name: D is for Dragon Embroidery
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437708.0
Brief Description: What's warmer than a dragon? The next in my "A is for... B is for..." embroidery hoop series for my baby girl's bedroom wall. This one has some 3D elements. I didn't fully tack down the smoke coming out of his nostrils, the wing, or the spikes on his back, so that they add just a little bit of a 3D effect.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...