A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173562 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rockingbearranch
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2015 07:22:31 AM »

I might make myself one of those Curious George tshirts. He is on my coffee mugs.

That's awesome that you are taking care of the cold kitty. I use those tubs for chickens too. I really like the bunny necklace. Frank's wife turned out great too.

Those of you who comment on all the projects are rock stars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2015 08:12:58 AM »

Gozer, I was impressed with the tub you made for the neighbor's cat. So very thoughtful of you!

Frank's wife came out great!  (of course!)

I love my bookmarks and the necklace!  I seriously chuckled when I opened that. So funny!  That's the second bunny1kenobi you've made me!  Cheesy

I got a kick out of the chick with antlers, and the antlered lion is cool, too.  Also a big fan of the John Snow paper doll.  Well done!

And I think I MUST have some fabric stamps.... MUST, I say...!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015 08:16:27 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2015 08:47:31 AM »

And I think I MUST have some fabric stamps.... MUST, I say...!

Ooh, me too! Grin Now, to make ANOTHER run to the craft store for some wonder under stuff. I've never used that, I hope that have it here.

I really like that lion ATC. Cute paper dolls. I loe the yellow bird ATC. The bunny1kenobi necklace is adorable! I like the cat box idea. My mother-in-law feeds dozens, I really mean dozens, of feral cats out in the country. They might appreciate a box or two this winter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2015 11:04:07 AM »

Ludi  - I love that magnet! 

vincentvanbuck - Your stockings are looking great so far!  I can't wait to see the rest!

Calabaza - Too bad about the brittle (but great interpretation of the prompt Cheesy).  I ditto the others in loving the fabric stamps!  Another great prompt interpretation with your pancakes, that look delicious, and how nice of your aunt to set you up to make The Noodle Thing!  Cheesy

bunny1kenobi - Those shoes are awesome! 

Mountains and Clouds - I love the fabrics you used on all of your projects!  The knot bags are so cute, and the Blythes are so stylish!

craftADDchick - That is such an adorable hat! 

elliot_anne - Welcome back!  Your cards turned out lovely! 

jillybeans - Those cowls are so pretty!  I especially love the green one with that beautiful yarn!  And I think I recognize the multicolored one...Moonlight Mohair?  I snatched up a a few skeins of each color I could get since they were discontinuing it.  And your shirt is too adorable!

rockingbearranch - That is such a neat ATC!  And those paper dolls are great!

gozer - How sweet of you to give the kitty a warm little place to hide!  Such a clever construction, too!  Your pendants both turned out great!  And the bookmarks and ATCs are wonderful!  I know I've said it before, but I love your art style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2015 11:44:58 AM »

Prompt:  January - Freezing point
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:  none
Project Name:  Thirty-two webpage designs
Project Link:
Brief Description: Its been difficult for me to view this as a craft, because its all done on the computer, but it does involve manipulating images and placing text attractively on a page.  Here are 32 pages Ive designed for the website Im creating - ernestthesiger.org - yes, Im that big of a nerd; its what I spend most of my spare time on these days.   Roll Eyes These  designs are preliminary layouts that dont include background or additional graphics, which might be a future Nerdalong project.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2015 01:36:30 PM »

That's impressive Ludi. I am glad that you are finding ways to make the prompts work for you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2015 12:32:24 AM »

Look at all the amazing things that were made in just a week! Shocked You guys rock!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2015 01:28:07 AM »

Prompt: December- Galapagos
Team: Fandom
Bonus Points: UFO - I made two squares for this project in December before tossing it aside due to not being a fan of pink
Project Name: Pink and camouflage bag
Some species develop natural camouflage for survival purposes. I've always thought pink camouflage was a bit silly because, unless you're hiding in a flock of flamingos, it's rather useless. The only reason I even had pink camo was that it was in a lot-bag that I bought at Goodwill a few years ago. The pink is leftover from a project I did for free: my coworker gave me a skein of pink yarn and I made a little flower for his girlfriend (which I didn't get a pic of). Also, as a note on societal evolution (I think that's the term?), pink was once considered to be a masculine color while blue was used for girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2015 06:47:52 AM »

Thanks, artsycandice.  I have a long way to go...

Freakie, I think the pink camo might work ok with deer, since they don't see color, but not with birds, who do.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
kwality570
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2015 08:38:57 AM »

I've always thought pink camouflage was a bit silly because, unless you're hiding in a flock of flamingos, it's rather useless.
Hahah!  I seriously pictured someone with your bag on their head sitting with a bunch of pink flamingos. Smiley

I'm behind on commenting on all of the projects here, so I'll start now with this page:
Ludi - I applaud your effort and patience in web design. Your interest in different people or characters makes me research them and always expands my horizons. I even won a trivia question the other day because of all of your posting about Mervyn Peake.
FreakieGeekie - Free and cheap yarn is always the best. Love that bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...