A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
247 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173477 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2015 10:27:12 AM »

Thanks bunny! (Do you want a Ninni? Do ya? Huh, huh?) Grin

I love The Big Lebowski!! That hoop is wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
rockingbearranch
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2015 11:38:47 AM »

Heehee. I'm thinking about doing a nihilist or Mr Lebowski for another prompt.

I will not abide another toe, sir!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2015 03:10:27 PM »

artsycandice- I love the fabric origami idea. I am definitely going to try it (and if we have a "weather day" on Thursday, it could happen!).And, your Ninni heini is adorable! And the Winniebago is the perfect touch!

Ludi, what a great cat igloo? I agree with artsycandice- I'd love to curl up in a bigger version, myself!

rockingbearranch, I love Ninnies! And, yours is adorable! And, thanks for the added info about the cowboy coffee! I love your Lebowski hoopla and I'm impressed with your stitching.

kwality570, Adorable narwhal! I saw it in the "recent with pics" and knew it was yours right away!

storerboughtcreations- cute magnets! I just got some new whiteboard space in the front of my classroom, and they are magnetic, so I think I need some new magnets, myself Smiley

Tanath, thanks for the info and tutorial link about the stars. I think I might try it with some larger beads to get the hang of it before I go small scale Smiley

gozer, LOL on the nostrils! And, finding the right buttons was one of the things that held me up with the finishing. And, anytime I can help out a fellow book junkie, I'm happy to do it Grin

LovelyMiss, you've been productive! I really like the idea of non-paper towels, but I'm worried I'd have to make a ton of them because I wouldn't get the laundry done often enough Smiley Adorable candy sleighs, especially the clever Santa! Rice packs are something that would come in handy around here. I have some brown rice that I could use... because I can never cook it correctly. And, the cinnamon sticks do sound delicious, so it's too bad they weren't. I think of birds when I think of the Galapagos, too and your ornament is excellent- I like the fabric placement! And, the owl is excellent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2015 03:48:38 PM »

Super rug hoop, rockingbear!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2015 07:23:25 PM »

Beautiful not paper towels and rice packs, LM! Your candy sleighs are very cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2015 08:18:49 PM »

LovelyMiss - do you have any words of wisdom for those of us planning on making our own reusable kitchen towels?  They've been on my to-do list for a long time, and one of my crafty resolutions this year is to do a lot of fabric stash busting.  (Would you happen to have a pattern to share?  Or for the rice packs?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    LovelyMiss
    Craftalongs Moderator
    Crafting for Good Moderator
    Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2015 09:37:13 AM »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019 02:31:13 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
    If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #237 on: January 07, 2015 10:07:57 AM »

Storerboughtcreations Those magnets are fantastic. I especially like how you made them themed to the bank. The Money tree is awesome.
     Tanath Those stars are great. I love pink so I am glad we got to see that one.
     Artsycandice that is one of my all time favorite ninnis. You and Ludi are taking them to a whole new level! Absolutely adorable!
     LovelyMiss the reusable paper towels are great. Every time I see them I feel guilty for not making a set. The candy sleighs are adorable. You found the perfect candy of Santa for the front. And I love the rice packs. I am a rice pack fiend. I especially LOVE that fabric on top in the first picture. Who makes that fabric? I might NEED some!!! NEED! I have a bunch of rice packs and they are fantastic. I have one at work I keep in my lap on super cold days and a couple at home that I heat up and my cats will lay on if they get chilled. Ooh. Love that pink and gray fabric on the top and bottom of the second picture too. Very pretty fabric choices. Sorry your dessert didnt turn out. It looks yummy. And I think those bird ornaments are fantastic! I love the way you did the edges! I may have to try that for next year.
     Rockingbearranch Hilarious hoopla! Cant believe you free handed that! Great job!!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
    Craftalongs Moderator
    Crafting for Good Moderator
    Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2015 11:28:48 AM »

LovelyMiss And I love the rice packs. I am a rice pack fiend. I especially LOVE that fabric on top in the first picture. Who makes that fabric? I might NEED some!!! NEED!

I bought a lot of my fabric as remnants, so I don't always know who makes them.  I checked the paisley one and all the selvage says is "Exclusively for Hancock Fabrics," but my section doesn't have the designer/manufacturer.  Sad  The other one doesn't have any info, but was also purchased at Hancock.  Sorry I can't be more help!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
    Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #239 on: January 07, 2015 11:34:20 AM »

LovelyMiss - do you have any words of wisdom for those of us planning on making our own reusable kitchen towels?  They've been on my to-do list for a long time, and one of my crafty resolutions this year is to do a lot of fabric stash busting.  (Would you happen to have a pattern to share?  Or for the rice packs?)

Ooh, I have some advice too! Don't forget to pre-wash all the fabrics you'll be using! I used an old towel for some. Cut it up into nice little rectangles then stitched it to some sections of cotton fabric I had in my stash. I thought the cotton had been washed already. Nope. First time through the laundry and the little towels had warped. The cotton side shrunk. They still work but now are all wonky and don't fold well. I've been considering cutting the edges off and re-stitching them because it drives me nuts when I fold the laundry! Learn from my mistake. Grin
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
    50 in 2014
    50 in 2015
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search
    Crafting Ideas
    Crafting How-Tos
    Crafting Ideas
    Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
    Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
    Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
    Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...