A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173480 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
crazyda79
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2014 11:03:00 AM »

Those TM coasters are great!  Never thought of making them coasters.  Hmmmm maybe some quick little presents shall be created now.

I am still around, lurking, not really crafting, I should be crafting but mainly just sitting LOL.  Hope to get my prompts done by the end of the month. We'll see how that goes though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2014 02:20:22 PM »

I'm here too! Just busy with Christmas stuff. But, look! I have some pics ready  Smiley

Prompt:  December Battle - EAST!
Team: randomizer
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: plain macaron coin purse
Project Link: -
Brief Description: One of my favorites places is Eastern Washington, that is, east of the mountains that divide Washington State (Hello to all you other PNW'ers!)
When I went over there as a kid, my Auntie would make sugar cookies (a dessert like macarons) and my older cousins would help me and my little sis frost them while we were eating the frosting Grin Best times!
Project Picture:

Prompt: December Mob
Team: randomizer
Project Name: popcorn baubles
Brief Description: Corn has an interesting history. It may have originated in Mexico which is where one side of my family is from- the side with the ancient cookbook I tweaked the recipe from even! It was my mom's side of the family that got me hooked on popcorn balls to begin with, but, hey, these still fit the prompt!
I wrapped them up and tied them for co-worker gifts.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2014 02:59:49 PM »

I'm loving all the TM patches. I might have to start making some Smiley

Those popcorn balls look delicious! And Eastern WA is awesome. I actually live on the Palouse currently. It's so pretty here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2014 03:35:11 PM »

This is my first Battle! Let me know if I forget something.

Prompt:  December Flash Mob
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Madonna Matchbox
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is a leftover box from my projects for the recent matchbox swap. The central image is from a Canadian stamp. I am part Canadian which is how it fits the prompt. Most of the papers are reused from junk mail. I wish the beads turned out a little better.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014 12:36:31 PM by rockingbearranch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2014 08:28:56 PM »

Those popcorn balls look delicious! And Eastern WA is awesome. I actually live on the Palouse currently. It's so pretty here.
Thanks and EEEEE! The Palouse is my absolute favorite! It is so beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2014 02:38:42 AM »

Congratulations to artsycandice, jilllybeans, and Ludi on their Featured Projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2014 12:35:08 PM »

Research Project Name: Bookshelves
Brief Description: I have some of the wood left from my last bookshelf project sitting in my living room. There is always something quicker that needs done, or something that takes up the space to create them. I am going to use this as motivation to complete my shelves and get my books safely put away. There are piles of books everywhere and I hope this will be close to the space I need for them. As you can see this area is quickly becoming a catch-all which is not good for the wood. My goal is to replicate the finished one you see here. I will need to make two so they will fill the entire wall. I will have to shorten the width since the room is not standard. I will paint them with the same oil paint which takes about 3-5 weeks to cure before you can place anything on them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2014 01:42:51 PM »

That's an ambitious project, rockingbear!   Shocked 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
roler
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2014 01:57:50 AM »

Hi there, and Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it! XD

I am having a super busy year-end right now and don't really have time to comment yet (although I've seen all the awesome projects), but I just wanted to squeeze my battle entry in before the end of the month, since I'm not sure I'll have much time to post between now and New Year's.

Prompt:  December Battle - West
Team: Multimedia
Project Name: Batman Stocking
Brief Description: I made this for vincentvanbuck in the the stocking swap, and since he's received it, I can post it here now!  Despite living here in Japan, I am still very influenced by western pop culture, as is evidenced by this western comic reference.  That's not to say that I don't appreciate Japanese pop culture as well (I most certainly do!), but I'm also from the west coast of the US, and Osaka is sort of the western capital of Japan as well, so... West!!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014 02:00:09 AM by roler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
rockingbearranch
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2014 12:29:13 PM »

Prompt:  December Challenge - New Zealand
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Llama and Alpaca
Project Link:
Brief Description: These are artist trading cards that express my love of all things fluffy and farmy. There is a Bed and Breakfast in New Zealand that is a working llama farm that I would love to visit. This is from a series I am still doing but I've lost all of the pictures after these two fellas and I've already mailed them. Sad
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014 12:53:48 PM by rockingbearranch - Reason: correct title » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...