A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
237 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173478 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2014 06:46:28 AM »

Prompt:  December - Flash Mob
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: -0-
Project Name: Tacky Light Shirt
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I am like a lot of people on here. I don't really have a "hometown". I grew up partially in Germany where I was born but we moved around a lot. Sometimes I consider Bitburg my home town because I was born there, sometimes Pittsburg because that's where I went to school and was on my own for the first time. Other times I consider Richmond, where my Dad retired and I have lived the longest. I decided to go with Richmond. We have a long tradition of super tacky lights here. We are on a couple shows for it and have tours and a bunch of hoopla surrounding it. Last weekend I participated in the Tacky Light Run and decorated up a shirt for it. Next year I will do more. Some people where insane. It was a lot of fun. I had on some tacky head gear too.  Tongue

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2014 08:39:14 AM »

Take the weekend off, and I come back to see all this bounteous goodness!  Adorable sheep (love the bow tie), lovely colors in that headwrap- and it sounds like you really put a lot of work into it!  The hat is pretty too. I never thought of actually TWISTING yarn as I knit.  It's a great effect!  And Gozer, your shirt looks so festive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2014 12:08:55 PM »

That's a tacky shirt, gozer! Grin But cute at the same time. Cute enough to wear but not all the time.
I only thought of twisting it because I like purple/black and have never seen purple/black self-striping yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2014 12:23:37 PM »

ArtsyCandice - Adore that Goldfish stuffie. Your Research Project is very vibrant and rich! Love your sons expression. Dangerous State, couldn't give that to a girl ( Wink) You made quite the fetching vest for him. The potatoes are awesome. The sheep has so much character too! Great job on it all!
 FreakieGeekie - I want to wear that stocking. It looks so warm and cozy. It would make a great set with the matching hat!
 Oddacity - I LOVE the colors that you chose. The gray and pinks and yellows all flow so wonderfully together. Beautiful. I love the way you weaved it together too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2014 12:45:38 PM »

Prompt: December- Flash Mob
Team: Fandom
Project Name: Nerd culture avie
Like roler, I feel that nerd culture is a big part of who I am. I like making references to my fandoms to see who can pick up on them and am sometimes pleasantly surprised. In honor of my love for nerd culture, I made myself a new avatar for here and DeviantArt. The Deadpool sprite came from here courtesy of dA user cx-asuka. The "me" sprite was made by carefully referencing two Pokemon Trainer sprites from Spriter's Resource and making a pixeled version of myself wearing red like Deadpool I then animated it via Photoshop Elements 7.0 and made it look as if I'm tagging along behind him. The two images on the right are the trainer sprites I used for outfit and hair references.

The images were zoomed in, print-screen copied, then pasted/cropped so you don't have to strain your eyes to see where I referenced. Tip: if you want to do this, borrow someone's digital art tablet because doing this with a mouse will make your hand/wrist hurt.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014 09:15:03 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2014 01:22:09 PM »

FreakieGeekie - You are breaking Darryl Dixons heart and making him jealous by following Deadpool around like that.  Wink  Cute new avatar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2014 03:12:55 PM »

Your avatar is really cute.

Even tho I have no idea what "sprites" are unless you are referring to classical mythology, or the soda.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2014 08:16:03 PM »

Thanks everyone!

I really love that headwrap, not sure if I could pull that look off but you are rocking it!

What a neat technique on the knitted cap too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
RedheadWithThread

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2014 09:41:13 PM »

FreakieGeekie - You are breaking Darryl Dixons heart and making him jealous by following Deadpool around like that.  Wink  Cute new avatar.

I was going to make a pixel sprite of Daryl but couldn't figure out how I'd do it and make him recognizable on that small of a scale. Huh So I went with Deadpool because someone was awesome enough to make him and offer him for use Smiley
I only learned they're called "sprites" because a friend led me to Spriter's Resource, telling me the little pixelated people would be good for cross-stitch or crochet patterns.
Ah, the cap is crochet. I can't knit. I've tried and failed several times before. Maybe one day though! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2014 10:40:17 PM »

Ah, the cap is crochet. I can't knit. I've tried and failed several times before. Maybe one day though! Cheesy

And look at that, it even says "crocheted" in the project name. *headsmack*. Apparently I am tired and distracted. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...