A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015  (Read 173479 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geek , nerd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roler
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014 09:12:18 PM »

Thanks, everyone!  I'm going to try to make another craft with the machine today, also for a swap.  Hopefully with all this practice I'll improve fast! Smiley

jillybeans - Glad to have you back!  And those shoes are incredible!  I can't believe how clear and crisp and vibrant you got it all!  Now I'm craving a pair of shoes like the striped one.  Too cute!!

oddacity - Welcome to the Nerd Battles and to Team Multimedia!  Looks like we're shaping up to have another large team this season!  And I loooove your merit badges.  So glad you're sharing some here!  The silver and black look super cool together with that fern. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014 03:05:23 AM »

Prompt:  December - Flash Mob
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: UFO
Project Name: Jean-Luc the Frog
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: This is a frog I free handed about a year ago, but never quite finished. I finally finished it yesterday. It fits the prompt because growing up, I was an air force brat. Every base I ever lived on and every city there after has always had frogs. I used to catch bullfrogs all the time, and little grass peepers. We have a frog that lives in our front yard currently. I've never seen him, but he's there every evening croaking away. I love listening to him! Frogs have always been a constant in my life. Smiley
Project Picture:

And here he is hanging by a hook on the wall to see how long he is. I just measured him. He's 32 inches from head to foot. 33 inches if you include his eyes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014 06:07:30 AM »

And another project done! At least insomnia is good for crafting time!

Prompt:  December - Battle - West
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Scotty the Moose
Brief Description: Living in the state of WA, we don't see a ton of moose (I saw a lot more when I lived in Alaska. They were always in our yard), but they are here. I just had to pick west since I live on the west coast.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014 07:38:27 AM »

What an adorable frog and moose!  And the badge turned out great - how perfect that we had a New Zealand prompt!

Prompt:  December Flash Mob
Team: WORDY!!
Bonus Points: UFO
Project Name: Christmas wreath
Project Link:
Brief Description: For years I've been using a willow wreath with holly, ivy, evergreen, and white poinsettias on it. In addition, there was a little creche with tiny peg people- Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus - in it.  Well, baby Jesus has been missing for about 5 years or more, so it's pretty pathetic, and the whole thing is looking pretty darned sad.  Well, about a month ago, I found a ribbon wreath at a yard sale and bought it with the intention of jazzing it up with bright ornaments.  Which I finally did last night. I'm originally from Canada, where there's lots of ice and snow especially at this time of year, and my wreath reminds me of that.  I occasionally miss the snow this time of year, but then I remember shoveling, and black ice and blizzards and I'm thankful I live in Arizona!
Project Picture:

The ribbon on the right side is poufier and makes it look lopsided so I think I will put that extra poufy part at the top, do a little adjusting.  I didn't really notice until I took the pic!  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014 10:58:02 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014 07:47:16 AM »

I think it looks great but isn't it funny how things look different in a photo? I always take pics of my sketches so I can see all the really obvious follies. I love the colors of the wreath though. Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014 10:59:36 AM »

Thanks, gozer!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014 09:16:47 PM »

I think it looks great but isn't it funny how things look different in a photo? I always take pics of my sketches so I can see all the really obvious follies. I love the colors of the wreath though. Very pretty!

Ooh, another good technique for checking a drawing... look at it in a mirror, and even upside down. Seeing it this way can make trouble areas really glaring.

Love the frog, love the moose, love the patch, love the wreath!! Squee!! I love the Christmas season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014 11:17:29 PM »

I love that wreath! It's so festive!

Prompt:  December - Egypt
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Eye of Ra
Brief Description: I free handed this onto plastic canvas. It looks a little sleepy, but it's super hard to make a curve on plastic canvas, so I did the best I could!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014 06:34:35 AM »

Excellent giant long frog.  And that moose is great!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014 08:39:11 AM »

I was busy last night working on some Christmas gifts so I have a mini project dump:

Prompt:  December Battle - North
Team: WORDY!
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Frozen Dress
Brief Description: A friend of mine was having a hard time finding Frozen stuff for her 2 yr old and I offered to stencil this little dress she bought.  She's loving it!  And I figured: North=ice & snow=Frozen.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  December India
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Bacon!!
Brief Description: I honestly don't know if they eat a lot of pork in India... are pigs as sacred as cows?  But -- Red is a color that is often found in sari silks, so I'm going with that.  I made this for my son for Christmas; he is on that bacon kick that seems to be so popular currently.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  December Egypt
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Egyptian god
Brief Description: Ok, if the Egyptians had any notion of Iron Man, you KNOW he'd be in their pantheon. Like so:

(Just to be clear: I DID NOT MAKE THIS ^^^ but I wish I had coz it's awesome!)

So I made this in his honor!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014 08:55:38 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...