A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
287 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Gallery  (Read 52826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014 04:38:18 PM »

I'll be posting my goodies here!  This is my tree from last year.  We have to tie it to the wall because of the darn cats.

My lovely partner is stellato_escuro!!

My package arrived 11/24/14!
It was like a magic box:  I kept pulling packages out!

Here is my cat enjoying one of the boxes used to keep one of the packages safe:

Ready and excited for DAY 1:

DAY 1:

I got the cutest pickle to hang in my tree!  lol Our family is a bit nuts about finding the pickle.  We never had a prize or anything, but stellato's family did....a Toblerone candy bar!  I might start a new tradition this year! (or I might just eat it...)

I also opened up an extra...just in time for making some mulled cider!  mmmmm

Thanks! My day started off great so far.

Ready for Day 2!

DAY 2

Had to laugh when I opened these because I was just complaining to my mod buddies that someone is taking my coasters as fast as I can make them...(I suspect my brother and nieces...)...boy, did I need these NOW!  Lovely colors to use all year...and they even match my living room colors!  Love the different shapes!

This one is mine and all mine!

I also opened up an extra...Grin...new reeds for my fragrance bottle! How did you know I needed these? Shocked

What will Day 3 bring?

DAY 3
lol I think someone knows I collect stars...I was really sad that I did not receive any in the recent ornament swap... Cry
Now I have enough to string and make a star bunting!!!  I can crochet but have no patience for little items like stars and snowflakes...but I do have a lot of wonderful craftster buddies who send them to me...thanks!  Kiss

Testing the line up--- Grin

And, of course, excited already about Day 4!

DAY 4
I opened up Day 4 at midnight last night because I knew today was going to be so crazy busy!
I got a lovely wreath that I immediately hung on my china cabinet!  I appreciate that you respected my request to use what you had and recycled materials!  What a great idea for all of those bits of ribbon on packages! Grin

Just a little note since you are interested in Japanese culture:  the chrysanthemum red Noritake china tea set in my cabinet was given to my aunt by my parents when they were in Japan in 1952.  My aunt gave me the set last year.

I will get up a bit early tomorrow to open up Day 5!

DAY 5
My darn black cat woke me at 5 am...which is fine, because it gave me a chance to play a bit with my Day 5 gift: a hand carved stamp!  I use stamps like this for background for my altered art projects.  I have limited luck with carving stamps so this is greatly appreciated!

Ready for Day 6!

DAY 6

I found out over Thanksgiving that my two little great nieces have American Doll babies!  I wanted to make them something for Christmas but really didn't have doll clothes fabric...well, Day 6 solved that!  I am going to make them robes with this fabulous knit fabric and red flannel nightgowns that I have in my stash!  Perfect!  I love when that happens!  Thanks for saving me a trip to the dreaded mall!!! Grin

Edited:  There will be trip to the M-A-L-L after all!  Turns out the beautiful fabric is a beautiful infinity scarf!  ha ha ha The joke is on me and my fabric mind!!!  Picture to come!

Day 7--hurry up!

DAY 7

Sunday was the perfect day to open this next gift.  I hope I can post this without crying.  I lost my mother this spring and was not looking forward to the holidays at all.  However, with family and friends, I made it through Thanksgiving.
I find remembering the things my mom loved and the good times we had over the holidays really helps with the grieving process.

When I opened up this very personal and beautiful gift from stellato, I just cried.  What a special way to remember my mom!  I am going to leave this up all year.  It makes me smile and cry, but in a good way...thank you...if I get nothing else this swap, I would be happy with just this one special thing.  Thank you, dear partner!

There was a slot to put in a picture of my mom.  I put in her memorium info.

Can't wait for Monday evening to open up my next gift!

DAY 8

Once again, I left my camera at work!  But, I think Day 8 is going to be a favorite of mine!  I am an obsessive note taker...I got a beautiful notebook cover for my little memo pads (two were included!)...and, a little handmade journal for my crazy drawings and ideas!  I try to ask nicely for notebooks and notebook covers in swaps because I truly use them up quite quickly.  I am going to take them to work and take pictures there....plus, I need to start notes on what I need to get done before Christmas day! Tongue

Day 9 is approaching fast!

DAY 9

I got another Christmas tree to add to my collection!  This is one that has been on my Pinterest for some time...a yo-yo tree!  The fabrics are really nice and even match my living room curtains!  Can't wait to put it in with all of the other trees I put in the windowsill!

Day 10 ready to be torn into (gently!)

DAY 10

Ok, Day 10 is my new favorite!!  First, it is recycled, second, it is colorful and fun, third, it is nicely done!  It is a salt box shrine!  Stellato--you need to do a separate post on how you did this!  I love it and now I am can't wait until our salt box is empty so I can try! lol and this is what the teaser picture was!! The berries and ribbon on top! Grin

Day 11 feels soft and squishy!

DAY 11
I got enough napkins for my whole clan!  These will be really nice for when we all get together for dinner!  I had been using so many mixed match ones so it will be nice to have some that are matchy!  Love the little trees...the plaid ones can be used all year!

Day 12---oh no! The last gift!

DAY 12 The Final Gift!

My final gift was exactly what I requested!  A piece of art for my CRAFTSTER ARTISTS ONLY wall! YAY!  love the theme (birch trees) and the colors!

We are having dreary weather so it is hard to show off the beautiful bright colors!

Thank you for a wonderful holiday swap!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014 03:21:39 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014 12:54:28 AM »

I asked Sheridan if she could package my stuff in as many different papers as she could, without forcing her to buy 12 different rolls of wrap. She managed 11 different. How f**king awesome is that?

Day One: I got supplies!

Day Two: A pretty pale green and blue plaid necklace, and it came in a silk snap bag!

Day Three: SO MANY FREAKIN SOAPS

This one's called Tabula Rasa

four lime bergamot scented soaps carved into the shape of limes Cheesy

Day Four: ornament!

Day Five: kickass toque with what I call hair-holes. I only wish I'd opened it before I went out, because it matched my outfit perfectly.

Day Six: Today my gift came in a pretty box:

A messy multistrand yellow bracelet. I love it, it's a great accent on all my Hufflepuff themed clothes.

Day Seven: All the supplies needed to start embroidering!

Day Eight: it's all over my craftster account and pinterest that I love zombies. And one of the possible things I asked for was a custom painted nutcracker because my family collects them and we have most of the "normal" themes. She put these together and made me an undead nutcracker!

Day Nine: Four beautiful pairs of earrings in a jewelled case.

Day Ten: I got two HUGE teesha more patches, they're both the size of my hand!

Day Eleven: a kickass embroidered Big Bang Theory hoodie for my mom (thank you, this'll make her Christmas)

Day Twelve: a Monty Python hoodie for my dad. It's actually a hunter green colour, and my dad will LOVE it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014 04:19:39 PM by gala_apples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014 06:34:51 AM »

My partner was zigg13pra.
Extras: Chapstick, magic towel, poinsettia stamp, foam ornament kit.  
Day 1: a charm bracelet.  I put a charm on each day before Christmas.  Brilliant!

Day 2:Christmas count down chalkboard.  

Day 3:glitter, reindeer ribbon, reindeer and Christmas tree buttons, and Christmas stickers

Day 4:Candy!  All mine!!!!

Day 5:Ornaments

Day 6: 2 book marks

Day 7: I spy ornament

Day 8: Christmas scratchers

Day 9: One of my absolute favorites, batiks!

Day 10: 3 hand carved reindeer stamps.  Absolutely LOVE these!  I'm going to make some ornaments w/them.

Day 11: 4 Beautiful bright and colorful yarn floral coasters.  I'll use these year round.

Day 12: Kit to make reindeer ornaments.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014 11:14:43 AM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SheridanLA
Something Sparkly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014 07:49:54 AM »

My array of packages from gala_apples!

So I have decided my morning routine will now be eat breakfast, open present!
Day One is what I am calling crack in a bag... I'll admit it, I ate some with my cereal - like a tasty dessert. nomnomnom  it's sweet and crunchy and DELISH.

Day TWO - beautiful handmade cards for writing letters and thank you notes! SO pretty!

Day THREE - pretty little wreath ornaments.

Day FOUR: I am SO excited about this! I lost my sleep mask in my many moves and have been waffling about getting another one.. and now I have one even more awesome than the ones I've been looking at!!!

Day FIVE - sweet little TM patch ornaments!! (I LOVE that gala_apples understands my looooove of Christmas ornaments Cheesy )

Day SIX: Correction: TWO fabulous drawstring bags (shoe bags for travel.. will SO get used!)

One of the "extras" she included (I'm spacing them out for extra enjoyment!)

Day SEVEN: A stocking!! I loves me some stockings!

Day EIGHT: some lovely stamped leather bracelets Cheesy

Day NINE is this adorable Christmas bunting! It's a fun assortment of Christmas fabrics and I can't wait to hang it up properly Cheesy

Day TEN: A set of wonderful Christmas cards - now I have no excuse for not sending out cards this year!! Smiley

Day ELEVEN: This beautiful garland. It's a silver chain with round charms on them in different shades of blue with snowflakes glued on the larger ones. It's just lovely!

Then (I am glad I had saved these) I was having a crappy day which was brightened by these two lovely ornaments that were part of my "extras" Cheesy Aren't they adorable??

And DAY TWELVE:
Gala_apples somehow knew I needed an actual set of napkins (rather than my normal hodgepodge that I've got going) and made me this bright, cheery, colorful set to add to my collection! Don't they just make you want to have a party?

Thank you SO MUCH gala_apples for all my wonderful goodies and for making my holiday cheerier!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014 07:07:00 AM by SheridanLA » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014 01:10:34 PM »

Thimbles71 seriously spoiled me and it's only the first day!  She sent me two packages with wrapped goodies then sent a 3rd box with some goodies since she didn't feel like the first two packages were enough... Let me tell you know the goodies in the 3rd box would have been enough so I know my future days will be awesome!  

Here is a photo of the wrapped goodies.  I love the way the packages were numbered

Day 1:
My own little Adipose!  He is going to hang out by the TARDIS

Extra: These sweet ornaments!

Day 2:
My son received a crochet Minecraft ornament!  He LOVES it!

Extra:
SQUEEE a reversible Kitchenaid cover.  I LOVE the fabric!

Day 3:
My daughter received an Elsa ornament!  She is just beautiful and another great addition to our tree!

Extra:
Lovely reusable snack bags

filled with treats!

Day 4:
OMG it's BABY GROOT!!!!!!!!!! I am in LOVE!  He is currently hanging out with Santa and a snowman until I can get him his very own pot.

Day 5:
Straight off my wishlist is an Arizona Cardinals Earwarmer!!!!!! So excited to rock this on Sunday for the game.  Maybe it will bring us some good luck.  Excuse the horrible selfie....

Extras:
A plush snowman family!

and an amazing zipper pouch with the cutest Alice in Wonderland fabric (seriously Thimbles has THE best fabric!!)

Inside I found mini hoops!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting these FOREVER so I can make some stitched jewelry.

Day 6:
I found a lovely crochet infinity scarf.  It reminds me of a candy cane.  Now if only our weather would cool off enough for me to wear it....

Day 7:
A wonderfully cute penguin mug rug!

Day 8:
Two hoops!  French Toast and English Muffin.  I have a spot in my kitchen for these guys

Day 9: Super cute wall quilt with an Elephant!!! Love it

Extras:
Tons of ornaments.  Love them all!  My kids especially loved their Minecraft and Frozen ones.

Day 10:
An amazing fleece poncho!!! It is finally going to be cooling off here this weekend and I shall be wearing this for the first time!  Sorry for the not so great picture..

Last Extra of the bunch:
A super cute kitty pencil pouch I had pinned.  My daughter promptly stole this.

Day 11:
A wonderful pillow.  It's fits in perfectly with my other holiday pillows but will be out year round.

Here are all my Christmas pillows together on the bench where they live.

Day 12:
This is amazing and was on my wishlist along with the poncho.  I cannot even say how much I love this!!! Beautiful, wonderful peppermint blanket!

Thank you so much for a wonderful Christmas swap Thimbles!!! I loved every single thing and I hope you liked your package too!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014 07:56:54 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014 01:40:49 PM »

Staking my claim NOW THAT I HAVE MY PACKAGE!!!  YAY!!!

Here we go - items courtesy of LadybugsandBumblebees:

Day 1 - a lovely little wreath with neat rainbow buttons and a cute focal 'imagine' button!

Day 2 - a little teacher-themed wreath for the hubs!!

Day 3 - a third crocheted wreath for my pups!!

Day 4 - a DELICIOUS chocolate toffee bar which may or may not have been immediately consumed

Days 5 & 6 - an assortment of little goodies!!

Day 7 - a remembrance plaque for our baby we lost in a miscarriage <3

Day 8 - a wood plaque with a picture of the hubs and I from our wedding - it's been 7 years and it's still my favorite picture of us!

Day 9 - a set of moose in winter placemats! I love moose and real reindeer as holiday subjects!

Day 10 - a whole set of 10 cards!  I hate paper crafting and it's easy to get cards for women but tougher for men so LB&BB whipped these up with some awesome marbling and stamps!!

Day 11 - a tree and moose tablecloth!!  All these neutral colors are perfect in my livingroom and this tablecloth is actually already in use for my coffee table, tying Christmas in with my other decoration-less living room!

Day 12 - a crocheted blanket!!  LB&BB calls it a lap blanket but it's bigger than that and we love it!!  It has perfect colors for our livingroom and as you can see, Gus is already a big fan  Wink

It's a shame that we didn't get everything that was sent and LB&BB can't show off more of her awesome work but we do so love what we got!!  THANK YOU LADYBUGS&BUMBLEBEES!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014 09:31:40 AM by rockmygypsysoul » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Helena Puck
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014 04:14:29 PM »

Look at this! Isn't everything beautiful. This is my package from dinkime.

Day 1: Advent Calendar box- we draw a little containers of candy from the decorative container and follow the directions on the slip of paper. Today, we are to read a Christmas book.

Day 2: Snowflake hoopla!!!

Day 3: Whimsy Ornament ball- so freakin' cute!!! The ornament is filled with little Christmas minis and embellishments.

I'm such a bad partner. I'm a little behind. I totally love everything. It's just been a crazy week.

Day 4: Christmas plates- Exactly what I wanted for a future Christmas party

Day 5: Cookie baking kit with gingerbread house wall cookie cutter, two mixes, and recipes

Day 6: Origami kits for my boys

Here are all the cool extras that were include. I also received an Olaf cup but my husband already ran off with it. He loves it!

Ugly sweat frame with stickers!

A Nativity Ornament Smiley

Nativity Ornaments to color, mini nativity ornaments, and erasers. I'm going to use these with my Sunday school class Smiley

Day 7: Infinity Scarf! Just my color. Looks great on me too but the picture turned out really blurry. It's hard to take a picture of yourself.

Day 8: Ribbon Christmas trees!!!

I love these so much because this year, we decided that because of lack of room and the cat who is terrified of the tree we were not putting up the tree this year.

Day 9: Owl needle felting kit Smiley Yay! I can't wait to start!!

Day 10: Santa Belly Hoop Smiley LOVES!!!

Day 11: Shirt making kit (a shirt for each family member)

Day 12: A beautiful scrapbook/photo album. I love it so much. We are really big into photos at our home. I have stacks that need a place. This is so perfect Smiley

Thank you for being my partner. Your selections for me are so incredibly thoughtful. I really loved everything!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014 03:40:55 PM by Helena Puck » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014 07:49:12 AM »

beautiful (and so tempting!)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014 10:30:22 PM »

On the first of December holistic knitter gave to me...
a really pretty bookmark. =)

On the second day of Christmas my partner sent to me a pretty purple pendant

On the third day of Christmas a lovely lady sent to me a fab painted bag

Really love the bag and it will be perfect for doing christmas shopping in! Smiley

On the 4th day of Christmas Holistic sent to me a felted festive flashing fingy!  Is an electric Tealight with a felted surround and is so me!

I have put a vid on my Facebook wall so you can see it working as a picture doesn't show the magic of it!

https://m.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fh.facebook.com%2Fhr%2Fr&_rdr

On the 5th day of Christmas I got a knitted washcloth with a funky star

On the 6th day of christmas holistic sent to me some yummy smelling (never heard of the scent before its called petigran but will be keeping an eye out for some) sugar scrub =)

Seventh day I re cried a crafttastic christmas cross stitch card cit (yeah I know sp but kit doesn't work!  )

On the 8th day of christmas my partner sent to me. ..A mini hot water bottle with an awesome case

I use a hot water bottle almost every night and had been planning on getting another to keep my feet warm. This does so perfectly and is in use as I type this!

Day 9 a lovely scarf..is it crocheted?

Day ten a massive bag of gingerbread cookie dough mix, a gingerbread man cutter and a Wooden spoon that has happy birthday wood burned into it =) I am struggling to work out how big the 'jar' should be though...help? Smiley

Day 11 knitted socks! I am SO excited about these thank you so much  Grin

Today when I woke up I was sad it was the last day. But then I opened my parcel and it was so amazing I am not sad anymore!

I received a beautiful purple blanket. I absolutely love it! Will be posting pics tomorrow! Thank you Holistic Knitter you have been a wonderful partner! =)

Sorry it took so long to post this I have been unwell the last couple of days!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014 04:35:53 PM by Ratfinkz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have an Etsy shop selling my genuine gemstone wirework jewellery - Pretty Twisted Gems
My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014 10:35:40 AM »

oh my goodness!  That fudge looks so yummy!

It never occurred to me to send perishable foods as extras so they could be open early!  That kbrison is a smart one! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...