A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,686
Currently Running With Scissors:
230 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Open House  (Read 2171 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
shadojake
« on: October 21, 2014 12:49:16 PM »

I am not sure this topic is appropriate for this forum.  If not, one of the mods can delete it.

I am thinking of having an open house to sell off some of my work.  I am thinking of setting it for the first Saturday in December for a couple of reasons ...

1) Don't have to compete with Black Friday/Saturday
2) The house will be decorated for Christmas by then.

I thought I'd set up my tables, complete with table covers, and all the stuff I use on my tables for craft shows.  I would have all my stuff displayed and ready for purchase, which is my preference .... or I could take orders.

I thought I would have discounts for mutiple purchases that are cash and carry ...

1) 2 sets of coasters for either $40 or $45 (normally would be $48).  Can't decide on the amount.
2)  2 plaques for $18 or 3 for $25 (normally sell for $10/each)

Orders placed that day would have to be paid in advance and would receive no discount.

What do y'all think?  Have you ever done an open house?  I plan on advertising it through friends and family and on my facebook page.  I would like to hear your thoughts.  TIA
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014 04:13:48 AM »

Go for it.

If nothing else you can get feedback on your work, quality, prices, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
shadojake
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014 06:14:16 AM »

Chris,

I think I am going to do it.  We have to decide when our store Christmas party is so I don't try to do this on the same day.  The decision on the party will be made today or tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Chris in VT
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014 04:16:49 PM »

Christmas... We've been so busy I forgot it's coming.
I made a 3/4 scale cutter sleigh and put it on the front porch and decorate it with packages, etc. Looks like I'm gonna have to find it in the shed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadojake
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014 05:16:14 AM »

Yeah, I make stuff too and then have to figure out a place to store it or use, though usually not on that scale!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

CraftyCouple
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014 04:05:23 PM »

Just an idea.....

So I understand the not wanting to compete with Black Friday-Weekend rush, but this year, the Saturday after Thanksgiving (11-29) is being branded as Small Business Saturday.  If you were to hustle now, maybe you can play off of that with your open house idea?  A few craigslist ads, maybe a few fliers posted out and about around town, and you could potentially get a decent turnout.

Also, why just limit yourself to the one weekend?  Run it every weekend up until Christmas!  Take advantage of the holiday season, and play up the fact that you offer gifts that no one can get anywhere else.

Best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014 04:11:46 PM »

Cindy might be doing a few shows between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I sure know I am.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadojake
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014 04:39:52 PM »

Chris,

Yes, I am doing one on Saturday of Black Friday weekend.  Our store is having its Christmas party on Dec. 6 at our home and I don't want to attempt a show on the same day.  I may do another one on Dec. 13.  Will see how much stock I have left.

Many coaster sets will be 25% off and the rest will be 50% off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

CreativePile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016 09:48:06 AM »

That's a great idea!! Do it! Try to have a price list or flyer so that they can also take home with them. This way they can help spread the word and show it to their friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CREATIVE PILE | DESIGN & MARKETING
www.CreativePile.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...