A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
138 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lexophiles Unite! swap gallery  (Read 7187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014 03:29:55 AM »

Whilst my package meanders its way across the ocean to Magpirate (thanks so much for your patience!!) I will admire the fabulous gallery

crazyda79 - cool screen printing and great badge - defenestration indeed!
madcrafter - inspired use of scrabble board and so practical as well,
smeddley - gorgeous drawing and perfect stitchery - perfectly captures dreich!!
fancybutch - perfect string art for a perfect place!!

Not many packages to go now - c'mon postal service!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blasphemy the Blasphemer

Cats are my life.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014 09:28:30 PM »

Unfortunately, my partner dropped off the face of the earth, and I never took a picture of the package I sent to him.  =/

I will keep this up until everyone else receives their packages anyhow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is only one god, and his name is Java Update.
And there is only one thing we say to Java Update:
Not today.
Blasphemy the Blasphemer

Cats are my life.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014 09:41:18 PM »

Everyone has their feedback now.  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not today.
Smeddley
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014 09:57:19 AM »

I'm sorry you got flaked on, especially after going through all the trouble of organizing!  

I doodled you a word... It's not much, but I thought it might be a little cheering (who ever would have thought that about massive blood loss?!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magpirate
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014 05:20:26 AM »

Not many packages to go now - c'mon postal service!

I second this thought!  I love swapping internationally but the wait time is killer.  Great projects, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shiny.
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014 03:36:02 AM »

I am starting to get a bit worried Magpirate  Embarrassed I posted just over 3 weeks ago! I hope it hasn't gone missing in action. I really loved what I ended up making for you and hope it makes it. I have had other parcels take this long so I will keep hope *fingers crossed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014 11:12:49 PM »

Not to worry, whenindoubtsew, my package arrived safe and sound!  Everything in it is WONDERFUL.  We agreed to send each other extras, and boy did my partner spoil me rotten!

First off, we have a lovely printed shirt with a dozen words that all mean "nonsense" in one form or another.

This is great, I love words that are fun to say and all of these certainly fit the bill!

Next, whenindoubtsew made me a super cute felt badge featuring one of my favorite made-up words - pansnogs!  My girlfriend invented it to describe pancake-wrapped sausages.  Smiley

And finally, she made me this absolutely gorgeous messenger bag with lots of polysyllabic words and their definitions on the front!  I love this thing so, so much.  Everything about it makes me happy, from the rainbow strap to the obscure words to the brightly-colored zippers and the multitude of pockets.

The words are embroidered - here's a close-up of my favorite, "eellogofusciouhipoppokunurious," which means, simply, "good."  Smiley

The bag itself is amazing and very well-made.  The main compartment zips closed and there are two zipper pockets on the front, a pocket on the side, and two more pockets on the back.

It has an inset zipper pocket and a key clip inside and it's lined in my favorite shade of blue!

I can't get over this bag, you guys.  The craftsmanship is incredible and I am in awe of whenindoubtsew's skill.  Thank you so much for such a great swap package, I adore everything!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014 11:16:21 PM by Magpirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shiny.
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014 09:53:57 PM »

I received a package of wordy goodness that fulfilled all my dreams from Magpirate just before the weekend. I have to thank her for her patience as I took photos and forgot to take my camera when we left for said weekend. I receive all my craft swap packages at work and squealed in delight at what Magpirate made for me - wait till you see it  Cheesy

First - I am reading through all the books in the Outlander series at the moment by Diana Gabaldon and being a redhead of Welsh descent and loving words I had a list of Gaellic words for red or red haired etc that Magpirate kindly embroidered for me in a celtic image. The stitching is exquisite - I tried to get a good photo but my camera was not up to the task - trust me the stitches are so tiny and so neat - beautiful.

We also agreed on extras and Magpirate included some amazing ones - an extra image of Gaellic words in a celtic image, an awesome Harry Potter TM patch (love the spells, fonts and gold thread on red material) and a tiny leather bound book with punny jokes!! As well as a small Gallifreyan charm (my most favourite fandoms covered  Grin)

And lastly - a picture of it all together - I have been spoiled big time!!

Thank you so much Magprirate for swapping with me - I am in awe of your embroidery skills and chuffed to own one of your crafted pieces  Smiley

Thanks too Blasphemy for organising - I know your swap angel will be spoiling you too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014 02:53:21 AM »

Those last two packages are AWESOME and well worth the wait for sure!  Great wordy goodness everyone!  I am loving it all!!!  I loved this swap so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
Blasphemy the Blasphemer

Cats are my life.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014 09:56:57 AM »

I just received from my wonderful angel Koreena!

First, I got this fabulous embroidery hoop!

I also got these wonderful greeting cards.  =)
'Shittastic' is probably my favorite non-word. 

Thank you, Koreena!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not today.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...