A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 107, 108, & 109 Gallery & Discussion  (Read 105608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
schnerby
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2014 12:01:45 AM »

Oh my gosh, Schnerby. That is EXACTLY the problem I have had with my last three machines. Bunching underneath the work. I know its a tension issue. I can sometimes sew for quiet a while without the issue. But if there is any problem that creeps up that is the one. So frustrating. I'm sorry its happening to you. Sad

I have noticed its worst when I am using a bobbin that is getting close to low (not empty...but a bobbin that is like under 1/4 left full of thread). Oh and the thread matters, too. I cant use low quality thread that comes in combination packs with lots of colors. Its just a mess in my machines. And dusting the bobbin area has worked out, too. But nothing has been able to end the issue for me completely. If anyone here has ideas I am all ears.

Gah! It still won't work properly. I wound the bobbin on a different machine (theory was that it might be too loose) but that didn't totally fix it. I used my grandmother's 50 year old machine to make Jemimah's parcel but the binding just would not behave! I had to sew it on both layers at once rather than from the underside and hand sew the back. Ridiculous machine! Although I think that one just needs a service and I doubt mine will be functioning in 60 years time. I will make something little extra for Jemimah because the binding really does look like a bodge job  Roll Eyes

Lovely stuff so far! I look forward to seeing more things appear. I might just have to sign up for the next round Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2014 03:34:30 AM »

The bunching was the same problem my old singer had. Some days it would sew and sew without a problem, then the next day I would only get a few stitches and the top thread would come unthreaded from the tension guide. So very frustrating when it happened over and over. Other times, rethreading the top thread worked for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2014 10:33:05 AM »

I still use my Mum's old Elna from the 80's. I was having tension problems recently and getting it serviced worked miracles. It's so frustrating having to keep stopping and starting all the time!  Undecided  I'm sure I'll love whatever you make schnerby Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014 10:33:42 AM by jemimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014 10:58:44 AM »

Signed up for the next round too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylvan
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014 12:55:05 PM »

Hooray for Elnas! I use the Elna Supermatic Star that my grandma bought in the 70's and passed to my mum.
You just can't beat those old machines for power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2014 01:15:14 PM »

i had purchased a kenmore in 83 when we got married, it lasted till last year when it more or less froze up on me. i had already bought a brother with 100+ stitches and that sat in the box for 9 months cuz i was intimadated by it and when the kenmore finally died, i got the brother open and love love love it! I also got a vintage treadle machine from the late 1800s or very early 1900s at a rummage sale about 2 blocks down the street from me, paid $60 the original price it sold for when new. the gal said she has several others, this one runs, i have not tried it, but its cool.

here are a couple pix of the old girl.....

some day I'll have her up and running Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
zombiecazz
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2014 02:18:32 PM »

Love Vintage sewing machines....I have 4  Grin

Here's the fantastic, wonderful art that schnerby made me.

Can't wait to get it on my wall
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitterp
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2014 02:27:12 PM »

I got an awesome package from our fearless leader! I was so excited when I opened this surprise because I have loved this basket for such a long time! Get a load of this beauty:

I am so so happy! Thank you so much laurel! You were much too generous! Any suggestions on what goodies I can keep in it?? Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2014 03:38:40 PM »

oh my gosh! that elephant is wonderful!

We have our first claim made for Round 108!!

WHOOOO-HOOOOOO!   YIPPEEEEE!   SUPER DUPER!!!!  HERE WE GO!!

been updating my list adding new stuff in anticipation to claiming. and now with the claims starting, i love to read everyone's list and look at their links cuz im always finding cool stuff I want too Smiley

The basket would make a good magazine holder or you could start collecting something new that is LARGE lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
schnerby
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014 04:34:02 PM »

Love that basket! It looks so sturdy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...