A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Fall Nerd Battles: September 1 - November 30, 2014 ~Join Anytime!~  (Read 145149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2014 08:52:59 PM »

So I've been slacking on posting... so here's a small project dump... I really need to spend more time crafting and commenting on all the lovely projects! But big congrats to the nerds of the week!!!!

Prompt:  October Mob:  Trick or treat.
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name: Severed Fingers
Project Link: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/holidays/halloween-fingers/
Brief Description: I decided to go with a treat that also has a fun trick to it. They are basically peanut butter cookies but wrapped around a pretzel stick for a nice surprising crunch!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  September Yahtzee!
Project Name: 5 Magic Cards
Brief Description: There are five colors in magic and so I made 5 cards, one for each.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  September - Pong
Bonus Points: UFO
Project Name: Ironman Cutting Board
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435695.msg5243204#msg5243204
Brief Description: I can't believe I just now am getting to post this here. But I made this for bunny back in the IYP swap and just got it finished the first week in september! The pattern is based of a pixel art design of his face and the pieces are mostly squares/rectangles.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  October Battle - Halloween/Fall
Project Name: Yang Costume
Brief Description: I've been too busy to even think of christmas here but I was finally able to finish putting together my Halloween costume for this year. It's based off of the character Yang from the youtube show RWBY. Most of it was bought but I did sew the brown half-jacket thing, painted the symbol on the yellow shirt, and made the gauntlets out of foam mats. I'm very happy with how it all turned out Smiley
Project Picture:

Prompt:  October - Pumpkin patch
Project Name: Magic Pumpkins
Brief Description: I love carving pumpkins (mostly because I love pumpkin seeds Smiley and what's more pumpkiny than a jack-o-lantern! I based this one off of some Magic cards. And I love how it turned out!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  September - Solitare
Project Name: Stuffed Bear
Brief Description: I made this little guy out of basically just the most fuzziest fabric I could find! It was a pain to sew but he's worth it!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  September - Hide and Seek
Project Name: Temur Scarf
Brief Description: This just looks like an ordinary scarf but it's so much more than that. The colors represent three of my favorite colors to play in magic. Capt. Jack modeled it for me because he's just so adorable!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2014 09:01:12 PM »

Hello, Badwolf!  You've been busy!!  Grin

those finger cookies are awesome, as is your costume!  And the scarf looks warm and your model IS adorable!  The cards are great, but I have to say my favorite is the Iron Man cutting board.  I'm not biased or anything.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2014 09:05:50 PM »

Hello, Badwolf!  You've been busy!!  Grin

those finger cookies are awesome, as is your costume!  And the scarf looks warm and your model IS adorable!  The cards are great, but I have to say my favorite is the Iron Man cutting board.  I'm not biased or anything.  Roll Eyes

Of course not Wink besides the model I think it's my favorite too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
crazyda79
« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2014 11:19:34 PM »

I love love love that cutting board!  Those severed fingers are awesome!!  

I am loving all the projects!  They are all so awesome!  Great work everyone!

I have my final prompt finished and now will be waiting for new prompts!  YAY for a new month!

My last prompt:
Prompt:  October- Pumpkin Patch
Team: randomizer
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Teal Pumpkin
Project Link: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project
Brief Description: I heard about the Teal Pumpkin Project from a friend on Facebook so I looked into it and decided I could do that as well.  Basically, you paint a pumpkin teal in order to let people with food allergies know that you have non-food treats available.  I printed out the free poster that they offered on the website just to let people know what the teal pumpkin means.  I will also offer candy but I figured having some non-food items will be great in case we get any children with food allergies.  I had this Styrofoam pumpkin just sitting around so I painted it teal and added a cute lil face.  And now it will be available for me to put out every year from here on out Wink
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014 12:51:47 AM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
artsycandice
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2014 11:45:27 PM »

I've never heard of the teal pumpkin thing. That's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2014 02:12:51 AM »

I love the idea of that teal pumpkin! A couple of years ago we had a little boy (6 or 7) knock who said he was unable to eat sweets (allergy I think can't really remember ) so did we have any fruit. It surprised us both but of course we did not let on and promptly delivered the requested banana.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have an Etsy shop selling my genuine gemstone wirework jewellery - Pretty Twisted Gems
My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: October 30, 2014 06:21:01 AM »

BadWolf314 - You have been busy but I suspect that adorable little model of yours was lots of help. I am seriously in love with those cookies! I have plans tonight that I think I am going to have to wrap up early so I can make those for work tomorrow! Very fitting Magic "note"cards. I like the fire one best. I used to play and I was green & red WAY back in the day.  Wink Your Ironman is beyond... BEYOND... cool. I know Bunny1 LOVES it. When I look at your pumpkin I see an octopus returning to his magical cave.  Cheesy And again, adorable model. Capt. Jack is a fantastic model. I think that scarf and bear should be his reward for being so cute, that is if he isn't a chewer.
 crazyda79 - Teal pumpkins! I am going to have to keep this in mind for next year. What a great idea. Yours looks very friendly too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hesperornis
« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2014 09:35:15 PM »

Research Project Name:  TOS Starfleet Uniform Costume for Babs the Greyhound
Team:  Multimedia
Bonus Points: NA
Project Link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/405886985141267658/
Brief Description: Well!  I managed to finish the uniform, ribbed collar and all (although our dog has black fur, so the collar doesnt show up well in the picture).  The insignia is pinned on so that I can wash the uniform without destroying the more delicate insignia badge, which is a proof of concept/spare from when I was figuring out how to make them for my husband and myself.  The uniform hangs a little loose around her waist, but I like that it evokes the boxier shirts on the show.  it fastens on the top with velcro, and I ended up cutting armholes through the middle of the fabric and attaching the sleeves there, which seemed to work out fine.  Pro tipdogs dont really like wearing costumesbut Babs was lavished with treats for her (sort of) cooperation.  :-)  Getting a useable picture was the trickiest bit!
Project Picture:  In the link.

Complete, and just in time!  Alas, though, this scarcely made a dent in my spare fabric.  I still have nearly five yards of the stuff.  I might be begging for suggestions on how to use more of it in the future, once I get a few other projects wrapped up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GenesisAzrael
« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2014 11:58:24 PM »

Between a school project, work, and getting sick, I have hardly had time to craft this month.

All the crafts posted are so cool.

Prompt: October Flash Mob - Trick or Treat - Tasty Treat
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: n/a
Project name: Oatmeal spice muffins
Brief Description: I modified the recipe found here, http://www.bhg.com/recipe/muffins/cinnamon-n-spice-oatmeal-muffins/, to minimize the salt, remove the nuts and increase the flavor. Also, I made 6x the batter the recipe calls for as my mom asked me to use the Halloween cupcake wrappers we had left (I made 42 muffins).
Project picture: https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/338013_30Oct14_100_1922.JPG

Prompt: October Battle - Christmas
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: n/a
Project name: Giant Christmas Ornament - Snowflake
Brief Description: Knit following the Lion Brand Pattern, http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70735AD.html. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
Project picture: https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/338013_30Oct14_100_1918.JPG
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #449 on: October 31, 2014 02:13:04 AM »

Babs looks ready for action in her Starfleet uniform!   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...