A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 6 Gallery  (Read 76313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: October 27, 2014 06:44:36 AM »

I love reading about your traditions, melladh!

We sort of have a similar thing at our office:  we all usually have yogurt at 10 am and then at 3 pm, we have some sort of snack before going home...fruit, crackers, tea, or even left overs from our lunch.  Our office definitely believes in food breaks! Grin

food breaks are the best breaks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
stellou
« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2014 07:43:45 AM »

I love reading about your traditions, melladh!

We sort of have a similar thing at our office:  we all usually have yogurt at 10 am and then at 3 pm, we have some sort of snack before going home...fruit, crackers, tea, or even left overs from our lunch.  Our office definitely believes in food breaks! Grin

food breaks are the best breaks Cheesy
Grin Absolutely!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #292 on: October 27, 2014 02:25:35 PM »

Greetings Everyone,

It looks like all the blocks are shipped on. Some are waiting on them to come, but all have been sent out.

If you have received blocks and I do not have them checked off on the list please let me know.

Once everyone is checked off I will start doing feed back.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2014 08:10:05 PM »

Mine looks good, Carol!  My international packages have to get there and I am waiting on just one from international!  I hope they get here before Thanksgiving...I could use the time to put the blocks together! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: October 27, 2014 10:47:34 PM »

Homerof2, we've swapped enough times that you should know I'd never intentionally be mean.  Angry   Grin I haven't posted photos of your blocks for several reasons: 1) Haven't been able to get decent photos due to lighting issues, 2)My mouse died and my laptop doesn't like manual manipulations (it keeps deleting my reply posts - -aargh!), and 3) your blocks are some of the worst I've done, so I'm more than a little embarassed to post them. But since you're making such a fuss (LOL), I'll go post them now or at least I'll try. BTW I was tempted to just send you the extra fabric and let you make your own because I was so frustrated by the blocks. Can't tell you how many times I ripped out the seams.
Posted and they don't look bad, but a lot of corners are going to get chopped off when you try to join them to other blocks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014 11:03:42 PM by kbrison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
190/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2014 02:24:44 AM »

Good Morning,

I started to feed back for those that have sent and partners have received the blocks. If all four were done in your group then I went ahead and did your feedback.

So please if I have made a mistake in the tally of who has received please do let me know

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2014 06:54:28 AM »

kbrison--don't feel bad...I was not 100% pleased with those same blocks...I did not notice until I took pictures that some of the points will be chopped off when joined as well...grrrrr....I wonder now if the measurements were a bit off since we both had the same issue...

You know, with that said, I will say that when I started joining this swap, I knew that with so many different levels of experience, that I would receive some blocks that would not be done the way I do it...and vice versa....but I have learned to adapt and seeing how well everyone else's mish-mashed quilts turned out really inspired me...

I love all the blocks with all of the little "quirks"...they are my favorite types of quilts...made with love and fun!

aw geez---I just looked at your blocks, kbrison...and they look darn good! Grin  I wish I had thought to mix the colors up more! geez--I am so uncreative!  I made all of mine the same! you guys really rock!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014 06:57:28 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
Homerof2
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2014 07:25:38 AM »

kbrison, if those are some of the worst you've done, I'm impressed how bad you are  Tongue   Cheesy   Grin  They look great!

Lesson learned - never, ever, ever pick this block again in this swap!  Sorry everyone!

I'll use the ones I'm receiving for a small quilt and find something different for upcoming rounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2014 07:34:04 AM »

homerof2--I thought it was a lovely block!  I think when we get things off the internet, it is a crap shoot!  I like to try new things but sometimes you don't know how it will turn out!  I make notes on the patterns to adjust for next time...I think you can make a lovely quilt with those blocks!

I noticed that they look good against the Halloween blocks that cursive_queen is getting...so maybe you can combine blocks as well?

I know for myself, I am not skilled at triangle making...I need more practice doing the diagonal stitching, so I would go at that block again if you picked it! Grin

I think kbrison is brave for picking stars...lol...I bet you will have many with cut off points! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
Homerof2
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2014 07:40:03 AM »

homerof2--I thought it was a lovely block!  I think when we get things off the internet, it is a crap shoot!  I like to try new things but sometimes you don't know how it will turn out!  I make notes on the patterns to adjust for next time...I think you can make a lovely quilt with those blocks!

I've made this block for myself and really liked it, that's why I chose it but I don't like being the one that you'll all talk about the next round..... remember that horrible block Homerof2 chose last round  Cry       Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...