A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,237
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R2- Gallery!  (Read 39424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Watsonc7
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2014 06:59:14 PM »

I am loving this gallery, so many patches to oogle over!  I've got a few more awesome patches to add to the pile, from one of my partners Cabaute

First, check out this cool packaging, I love the little fabric scrap bow

Ok, so my partner was a little nervous about making me patches because she hadn't seen many of the shows I had in my list but man, I was squealing happy, you did an awesome job!
I got two Arrested Development inspired patches
First, a Gob patch.  I love looking at that man's hilarious face and the quote is hilarious!

And then, a Tobias "I just blue myself" patch that cracks me up!  How creative to use a blue fabric silhouette and metal circles for glasses.  Are those snap buttons or grommets or something else?  Love!

Thanks for the hilarious patches, I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014 11:14:06 AM »

Now that I have relaxed a little it is time to see what great patches everyone has made!

crazyda79 - lovely patches!  I especially like the Doctor Who patch.  I want to do a TARDIS patch but it is so much to embroider.  The solution of just doing the outline is brilliant!  It also make the TARDIS look like it is in action.  Using buttons to make a polka dot effect is very clever.  The sewing black/white looks like lots of fun.  Congratulations on such great patches.

GoldenSunshine - Very striking patches.  Did you print the Hufflepuff out on your printer?  Also the beads around the Hufflepuff badge is a nice touch.  The Deathly Hallows has a nice background fabric.  I have some fabric just like it and now I know how to use it!

It looks like the you cut strips of felt and straight stitched them in the shape of the deathly hallows.  I would have been driving myself crazy trying to cut the Hallows in one piece.  Very smart!  I want to do a Harry Potter theme TM patch tote bag.  If I decide to use the Hallows symbol I will definitely use you technique.  But I think instead of using felt it would be fun to use fabric and chenille it.

As for the other two patches I don't know which they are but both really pop out!  The round symbol is very nice and I love the turquois background fabric.  As for the helix it is very striking.  The background fabric is helps to set off the helix.  Are the dots beads?  Nice job.

DaphadillyArt - Wow!  The Badger symbol for Hufflepuff is nice and the picture shows your lovely quilting around it.  Was the badge a print or did you use your printer?

The Dead pool patch is really cool and shows some nice quilting.  How did you get the sparkly effect, it looks like the person is crying.

The "Don't Open Dead Inside" is really cool.  I like the multicolored threads that you used around the outside.  Very good contrast.  Does the patch really open?  That would be amazing or a creepy hand coming out.  It is a great patch.

The fist patch is great and I love the motion you got with your quilting.  Did you actually put a piece of organza over the fist?  Good colors on the front and back they really are nice together.  First class patches.

Second set of patches by DaphadillyArt

Absolutely love the Alice patch.  Lovely quilting and bead work.  Did you color in the patch?  Because it look like it start out as a black and white drawing.

"I am Star Stuff" has great quilting on it and very clever using amino acids to spell it out.

The Disney patch is so cool love the image you selected and as always lovely quilting.  Wonderful patches!

crazyda79

Well I am going to show how stupid I am because I'm not sure what the patches are.  The patch that has the smiling face is lovely.  I like the contract of the strong colors against that pastel background.  Your stitching is lovely.  Very cute!

The unicorn is fun!  Love that you used multi-colors instead of the traditional white.

As for the last patch I have no idea what it is but I like the stitch and colors.

smileyyogini

Such nice patches.  The butterflies and owl is really fun, I wish I could see the stitching better.

The flip-flops are cute and I like how you used random stitches around the patch.  Love the x shapes in the corners.

The dandelion is very nice and the background fabric was a great choice.  Very sweet patches.

goatgoddess

The bird patch is perfect.  The choice of image and fabrics is amazing.  Lovely stitching!

The fox patch is beautiful.  The colors and textures of the fabric is wonderful.  The appliqued fox with detail is just lovely.  The composition is great. 

If you had another month to make these I don't think you could have improved them.

Cabaute

I don't watch "Arrested Development" but that doesn't stop me from appreciating your wonderful patches.

The first patch is amazing!  Doing faces and lettering are very difficult in embroidery and you did an amazing job.

The blue man is very funny and creative.  Great stitching and fabric choices but the humor makes it even more special.

Great Gallery!  It is fun seeing all the great interpretation of themes into TM patches!

Madcrafter.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

Re:
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2014 01:25:16 PM »

"Goatgoddess"  love the bird & the stitches are very good.
The fox is so pretty & the stitches are very delicate! Cheesy

"Calbute"
I don't watch these shows either, but to make a image on the fabric & then  embroider it is amazing & the blue guy is cute. The rings for his eyes are ring fasteners to connect jewelry together I think. I have some of that black & white fabric it's cool!  Smiley
Great job guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2014 05:14:42 PM »

Yesterday, I received two fabulous patches from goatgoddess! She used two very different techniques on them, and I am wowed by them both! And, her edges are so neat and the patches are so nicely rectangular (I need to figure out the secret...).

First, a fish fossil patch! It's hard to see in the photo, but she printed the fish (on perfect, rock-colored fabric) and then embellished it with a little paint to give it some texture.

Next, an erupting volcano! This one is pieced fabric, and I am impressed with the detail!

Excellent additions to my rapidly growing collection of science patches! Thanks so much goatgoddess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

Re:
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014 07:04:00 AM »

"Goatgoddess" those patches are so cool!  I love both of them. The volcano erupting is very cool!  Awesome patches!

I received also & will put pics in soon!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
goatgoddess
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2014 07:05:56 AM »

Wow Wow Wow - LOVE all the patches posted - just so very cool - they are all so creative!

Watsonc7  - love that little gnome! the dove is so graphic! and the quote by Thomas Edison that is cool, and the plant cell - that is so inventive. Very nice.

jkaywiz - lovely patches - the sticthing is so nice on the awareness patches and norwhale - very nice. that little robot - too cute, the wheat - wonderful work!

Fancybutch  -  that is the cutest bunny! and love the movement in the dots patch!

crazyda79  - very cool patches - love the doctor who, the beads for poka dots very creative, and the black and white is so nice! love the little face so nice, and the unicorn very cool.

GoldenSunshine - love the fandom patches - very nice! Harry Potter is always a fav.

DaphadillyArt - such cool patches - more fandom - spiderman is most cool and harry potter - also like the other two although not as familiar with them.  Alice is beautiful! and amino acids - had no idea you could use them to spell out a quote - how very perfect! and disney/haunted mansion - Love it! got to go a couple of years ago very cool.

smileyyogini - such lovely patches - love the stitching and the colors of the fabric!

Cabaute  -   very nice patches for Arrested Development (which I don't watch but that is a cool patch) and Tobias "I just blue myself" how funny not sure who Tobias is but love your take on this one.

Speaking of which I have some ultra cool patches from Cabaute myself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chunky halloween houses
my blog ***http://pinterest.com/debraleach/pins/ ***
goatgoddess
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2014 07:14:43 AM »

got these wonderful super cool patches from Cabaute!  The stitching the concepts - love them both!!

Spock!!! and so nicely done! Just love this one! was waving it around and saying look honey it's Spock!! of course my dear husband hasn't a clue who or what a spock is but that is ok <G> I do and I love this patch.

Then I look at the Second one - it's a Wookie and not just any Wookie - it's Chewbacca! So I wave this about and yell Honey Honey it's a Wookie!  he just looks at me - sad husband just has missed so much in life <G> love them both - thank you so much Cabaute - you knocked my socks off I must say Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chunky halloween houses
goatgoddess
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2014 07:16:53 AM »

Cabaute - so glad you like the patches you got from me Smiley

craftADDchick - happy you like the patches you got from me Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chunky halloween houses
madcrafter
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2014 08:27:20 AM »

goatgoddess - Amazing patches!  When I was younger I was told that people use whole fish and imprint them on fabric.  I have always wanted to do this and also fossil fish.  Your patch has given me some creative ideas this morning!  Wish I could see the fabric you used for the background.  The whole patch is beautifully done!

Love the colors in the volcano patch!  Beautiful work!  I can tell that you put a lot of thought and time into the volcano patch.  Both of your patches are incredible!

Cabaute - Wow!!!  Great spock!  Even without the ear it is easy to tell that patch was of Spock!  What strikes me is all the little flowers embroidered around him.  I am sure that Spock is not enjoying them at all!

What an amazing Chewbacca!  I imagine that working with all that fur wasn't easy.  Love the bead nose!  I'm working on a furry patch also, any hints would be appreciated.

All I can say is that if I received these patches I would have run out of the house and screamed "I got a Chewbacca and Spock!"  Great self control goatgoddess .  Sorry to hear that your husband is a bit on the "mundane" side.  I suggest a comfy chair, ropes and a Star Trek marathon!

Madcrafter

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
fancybutch
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014 08:50:50 AM »

holy craftster its Spock and Chewie TM patches!  I love them.  Well done.  I also feel that somehow this mix of geektastic themes and quirky craft mediums is the perfect representation of the Craftster site lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...