A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,895
Currently Running With Scissors:
321 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 103
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games: June 1, 2014 - August 31, 2014 ~Join anytime!~  (Read 283792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
calliemae
« Reply #920 on: August 23, 2014 08:42:27 PM »

Research Project Proposal

Research Project Name: Eagle Rug
Team: Wordy
Brief Description: I will be knitting an eagle rug. The base will be knitted and then I will be using felt to add some feathers and I will be making a 3d stuffed head, either knitted or from felt. I'm estimating 3 weeks of knitting the main part of the rug, 2-3 weeks for the felt feathers and 2 weeks for the head.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014 12:07:59 AM by calliemae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #921 on: August 23, 2014 10:21:30 PM »

That Batman car mat is cute! Grin I adore the fabric! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cryssoleil
« Reply #922 on: August 23, 2014 11:51:15 PM »

Prompt:  August - version 2.0
Team: Randomizer
Event: Paperology
Bonus Points: (include which bonus points you think you've earned, e.g., Giver, Engineering, UFO)
Project Name: Deer 2.0
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: A couple months ago I made a deer for Artsycandice in a swap. My dad was quite upset with me for giving away a piece of art he wanted. SOOOO...when I went home to Canada this summer I made Deer 2.0 for my daddy. I used less raspberry and plum colours, more reds and oranges. He was thrilled!! ^_^
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #923 on: August 24, 2014 07:34:00 AM »

[quote author=artsycandice link=topic=433539.msg5235063#msg5235063 date=1408767330

I really enjoy your handmade cards Bunny. Such a sweet sentiment. I think it's wonderful that you celebrate your humor.
[/quote]

The funny card he gave me was even better!  I laughed so hard!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the deer, Chryssoleil!!  I need one of those!  I'm not sure yet where I'd put it, but I need one!  Cheesy 

Vincent you have been super busy!  Great altered puzzle pieces!   And good for you learning to crochet... I need to take some of those classes, too.

Yay for research projects!  I like your fabric choices, too, calliemae!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: August 24, 2014 09:33:16 AM »

Ooh, Cryssoleil, I really like that new dear painting. I am glad that your dad was happy with it. I felt a little guilty having the other one when he wanted it. Now I feel better.  Smiley It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #925 on: August 24, 2014 12:02:21 PM »

Prompt:  August Secret Stash
Team: WORDY!!
Event:  Craftology
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Kitchen accessory
Brief Description: This is a swap project for Gozer, so NO PEEKING!  Grin  Made entirely from my stash. My first attempt at sculpting anything other than clay (and I'm not the greatest at that, either), but I'm pretty happy with how my efforts turned out.  I think it may still need another something in the center... any suggestions? (From anyone but Gozer - LOL!!) There are a couple other little touches I think I may make, but if it had to go out today, I think it could.
Project Picture:

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/272973_24Aug14_IMG_0164.jpg

Prompt:  July Photogenic
Team: WORDY!
Event:  Fabricology
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: wedge pillow
Brief Description: It has pictures of money on it!  Woot!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014 01:02:59 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #926 on: August 25, 2014 03:56:55 PM »

calliemae - Congratulations on finishing your research project!  You certainly found some appropriate fabric for it! Smiley  It looks all ready for lots of fun play time!  Good luck with the eagle rug!

Cryssoleil - Awesome 2.0!  I'm sure your dad is going to really treasure that beautiful deer picture!

bunny1kenobi - Super cute money pillow!!  And I like the secret project for gozer as well! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Ezri_B
« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2014 08:19:05 AM »

Prompt:  AUGUST Version 2.0
Team:Multimedia
Event:  Fabricology
Project Name: Waldorf Doll
Brief Description: I had made a curly haired doll for one of my nieces and her older sister then asked for one too. I had thought she'd think she was too old, but to my surprise she didn't think so. Here is her version. I made it slightly bigger (she is the bigger sister.)
Project Picture:

Prompt:  August String Theory
Team: Multimedia
Event:Yarnology
Project Name:Crochet Doll Blanket
Brief Description: I crocheted a blanket to go along with the doll I had made. It's made out of cotton/wool with puff flowers in the center of hexagons.
Project Picture:

Prompt: August Secret Stash
Event: Fabricology
Project Name: Piggy Reading Pillow
Brief Description: For my niece's birthday I made her a reading pillow. She LOVES pigs, so the embroidery had to be of a pig. There is a pocket to hold a book when not reading it and elastic to hold the book open while you're reading.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  July User's Manual
Event: Foodology
Project Name: Sibling Rivalry Pretzel Bites
Brief Description: I have always been intimidated by the mixing, boiling, baking, etc... needed to make bagels and pretzels. So I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw this prompt. I of course decided on one of the hottest, most humid days that I should do this  Roll Eyes I made these beer pretzel bites with Sibling Rivalry Beer ( we didn't care for this beer, but it was so good in the pretzels!) Served with some queso.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  August FLASH MOB HAPPINESS
Project Name: Pretzel Dogs
Brief Description: So my wonderful husband surprised us by stopping home for lunch when I made the pretzel bites. He said the only thing that would make it better is if it had a hot dog in the middle. So after he left again for work I got to work making supper of Pretzel Dogs. He loved them and they made him VERY HAPPY!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  July Photogenic
Event: Craftology
Project Name: Senior Pictures
Brief Description: I don't know if photography counts, so if it doesn't please disregard. My son is a Senior this  year, and has NEVER taken a good professional picture in his life! The best pictures ever taken of him were by me, so instead of spending a fortune on pictures we decided that I would do them myself. Not being a professional I'm totally scared to do this! Here are some preview pics, I have more editing to do, and I want to get a few more locations, but I'm fairly happy with them so far.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  August Taste The Rainbow
Bonus Points: Edible
Project Name:Egg Salad Boats
Brief Description: I live in Wisconsin. We basically bleed green and gold around here. To help in limiting my clothing color palette our local school's colors are also green and gold. So here we have yellow egg salad and green cucumber boats. They were delish! My son had friends over and they loved them so much they asked me to make them again for them. (That is pretty high praise from teenagers!)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2014 08:54:04 AM »

Ezri, I especially like the pig pillow and I think the photos of your son are great, particularly the sleeping on books one!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2014 08:58:12 AM »

So digging the pig pillow and the pretzel bites now have me craving pretzels in the WORST way!  So much for the diet!  Wink  And my fave photo is the one with the books and the hat. So unique and full of personality!  Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 103 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...