A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
244 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 19- Gallery!  (Read 143078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

artsycandice
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2014 09:54:10 AM »

So....bad news. Yesterday morning, on his way to work, my husband got into a serious car accident. HE'S OK. But the car is totaled. ...

I am sorry to heart that! You know, yesterday I was rear-ended pretty good too. Scary with my son in the car. Two days ago a friend of mine was hit hard enough that her car spun and is totaled. Scary, scary. Hang in there! I am really glad that he is okay. Can people just be aware? Driving is scaring, even if you're a good driver because random things happen from others that you have no control over. Rest, take some time to be together. Just breathe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2014 10:40:51 AM »

Best wishes to you all who've been in scary accidents!   Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2014 10:55:47 AM »

I haven't posted in a loooong time. I haven't disappeared, just running around like crazy. I had a major upset a few days ago...my stupid phone for no apparent reason decided to go into "recovery" mode and I lost about 6 weeks of photos. I tried everything to get them back but nope. I lost the ones of Jawwwhn at a Puscifer concert and when we went to see Tim Minchin. I also lost all the photos from my sons Lego party. Thankfully I did upload some of Jawwwhn's photos to photobucket. We still have many more adventures to go including sequoia on the 11th.

Here's Jawwwhn checking out the treat table at the lego party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2014 11:47:36 AM »

Oh my, I'm glad everyone is ok from those car accidents!

Blue Bubun went on a quick trip to Baltimore last week after work.

The American Visionary Art Museum (highly recommend) has free movies on the lawn during the summer. We went to see "War Games":

After the movie it was late, so Blue Bubun got a quick tour of Federal Hill, where he could see the Domino Sugars sign in the distance

He also had some tasty frozen yogurt at a cafe

Today he is helping with at home with some sewing projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2014 11:54:22 AM »

phoenixfiredesigns, I read your blog entry. Geesh, what a morning! I'm sorry that happened. If the car was at fault I'd hope that you'd see more money than that. And ouch! What a bruise. I hope that he heals quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2014 01:04:17 PM »

Yikes!  Please keep safe everyone!!  And it's always sad when photos are lost : (

Since I've been back from England, it's just been work work work like crazy... So here's a pic from one of our favorite nearby restaurants, Big Kahuna Pizza, because we at least have to eat sometimes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #476 on: August 02, 2014 02:33:02 PM »

phoenixfiredesigns, I read your blog entry. Geesh, what a morning! I'm sorry that happened. If the car was at fault I'd hope that you'd see more money than that. And ouch! What a bruise. I hope that he heals quickly.
Yeah it was a hell of a day yesterday. Cry Unfortunately, my mechanic thinks that given it's condition and the fact it can't be driven any more, it's unlikely at this point that they can track down what the originating problem was since it'll be basically impossible to replicate it.

He is SO SORE today. His whole body hurts even just breathing. The ER doc said it would be like a MAC truck hit him today so not unexpected but a lot to endure for sure. Of course, he's hurting so he's having a hard time thinking that he came out really unscathed from the accident right at this moment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2014 09:02:19 PM »

Unfortunately, my mechanic thinks that given it's condition and the fact it can't be driven any more, it's unlikely at this point that they can track down what the originating problem was since it'll be basically impossible to replicate it.

He is SO SORE today. His whole body hurts even just breathing. The ER doc said it would be like a MAC truck hit him today so not unexpected but a lot to endure for sure. Of course, he's hurting so he's having a hard time thinking that he came out really unscathed from the accident right at this moment!

phoenix, I'm so glad you're hubby isn't badly injured.  You may already be on to this, but get your insurance company to investigate; if there's any proof of mechanical failure your husband oughtn't to be held liable for the accident and ought to be able to have the ticket dismissed.  He should certainly ask for a court date to explain what happened, and if an investigation is underway the case will likely be postponed pending the outcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #478 on: August 04, 2014 10:12:48 PM »

Ratfinkz, Kahiki and I send our best wishes to your Grandma.

One of Kahiki's recent outings was to the Getty Villa, a museum in Malibu that specializes in antiquities.  The property is up a hill and has a tantalizing view to the Pacific ocean:

The Villa itself has a fascinating history, and one of the main outdoor features is the Peristyle Garden, which is based on a building found during excavations of Herculaneum, a town that was buried during the same eruption of Mt. Vesuvius that destroyed Pompeii in 79 A.D. (in the background is the first of the museum buildings).

The covered walkways of the Peristyle Garden are painted with trompe l'oeil columns, floral banners, masks, and charming details of birds and insects, just as were found in the towns that were buried by Vesuvius:

And here's just a tiny sampling of what we saw of the museum's collection....

A bust of the Emperor Augustus:

Painted terra cotta vessels:

A trio of bronze horses decorating the top of a folding tripod that likely held a large urn of some sort:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014 12:53:22 PM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2014 08:44:23 AM »

My kids start school tomorrow so our summer adventures are coming to an end.  We have one more small trip to take in the next few weeks that we will bring Marty on but that's it for us!  I am going to start working on the photo album soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...