A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet Mini Swap Round Six (SU April 25-May 2,2014/SO June 9,2014)  (Read 17692 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pjr107
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014 11:53:23 AM »

I would love to make more poppets but if its now and an official swap I'm at my max. Unless I finish this poppet asap (promise, I won't sew drunk!).

So depending on when it is I would love to join up Smiley

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2014 04:50:40 PM »

I would be up for another Poppet swap when this one is finished - just throwing that out there Smiley

Awwwww, thanks. I'll probably just leave it to next spring, mainly because it's become a tradition that I think most people are use to. Plus, I think that that way it decreases the likelihood of being "poppeted" out (if possible)- leading to one swap with LOTS of participants, rather than lots of swaps with few participants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angielou1
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2014 07:39:30 PM »

Okay well so far I've done Ralphie" hair and have to work on re-tightening his joints. At the same time I've cut out fabric and sewed the pieces together.  Fingers are so hard for me but I did It . Grin  I used a little glue to keep from tearing at the seams while turning.Much better! Need to stuff and join. Gotto warn you I overstuff  Grin Grin Grin.
How's everyone doing? Anybody running into problems? Sending good vibes to all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2014 07:44:09 PM »

I'm still here, I have a things in my head & will be cutting out the Poppet pattern here soon. I'm pretty sure what I'm going to make. But ideas are still coming in my mind so will see. I need to start drawing my Ideas down & to see what it will look like. All these decisions HA but so fun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
angielou1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2014 07:50:46 PM »

Poppets are not really hard to make.It's narrowing down the ideas and sticking with it Grin And then getting down and dirty with it. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2014 06:48:26 PM »

I'm having huge problems but its my $!#@ sewing machine!!!!  UGH!!!!  Because of that, things are going slower than I wanted.  Made things worse because it was a boys free weekend and I ended up cleaning up our puppy yard.  *SIGH* it will be done eventually.

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angielou1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014 08:01:37 PM »

HaHa I had the same problem but it was for another swap. My machine doesn't like certain fabrics Huh. Just walk away for a day or two. And go slow. Grin there's still plenty of time. I'll probably take a few days off too.
Grin YOU CAN DO IT Grin I have faith in you Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobbysgirl
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2014 06:39:50 AM »

I think all sewing machines get temperamental at times. Sometimes I have to put mine up for a couple days to let us both have some breathing time lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennythor
crafty where it counts

crafting and swimming will save the world

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2014 07:48:39 PM »

OK so after a crazy busy weekend. We had family in from Toronto, a funeral for my gran in law, paintball for my little BILs birthday and tried to celebrate my birthday as well... On top of all of that I caught a wicked cold/cough. I think I have all my plans. Hopefully tmr I should have the house to myself and a full day of crafting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love to take part in personal swaps, I would love a poppet of my very own, or a doll like the ones made by Poppets & Lace
angielou1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2014 10:48:12 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley. I'm hoping everyone's doing good and "jennythor" is doing and feeling better.
Just a progress report.I am trying to put together all my other poppet parts and then decide whether I want to make crocheted wig caps or weave some hair wefts for them and for "jenythor"'s poppet too.After that then I can concentrate on clothes. Haven't decided on the colors or look I what to go for yet  Undecided. I got a couple of ideas just have to set my mind on one and go for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...