A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
128 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Gallery 103, 104 & 105  (Read 74151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2014 07:05:55 PM »

oh my gosh!!  The cuteness is killing me!!!

That is a dead ringer for little Pete!! oh oh oh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
BriannaB03
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2014 07:14:51 PM »

OMG that min pin is super cute!

and I am totally in love with that steampunk bee charm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014 09:35:20 AM »

anna.wahnsinn claimed me for an embroidered pouch pendant and I absolutely love her take on them. I feel so well stalked. She did an awesome job of picking designs that are exactly right for me.

Here is a shot of the inside. I have never seen felt before like the felt that Anne uses. It is very thin and light weight, but seems more 'solid' than any felt I have used. There is a tiny snap that holds the pendant closed and that is a dime in the little itty bitty pocket.

Not pictured is yet more silk embroidery floss!!! I need to invest in a floss system just for all the silk I have now.

Thank you Anne!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2014 09:45:49 AM »

Me again! I got my super duper microwavable potholder bowls from rscowtown today! They are perfect, thanks so much!

Here is a group shot with bowls in them for size reference:

A closer shot so you can see the patterns (the yellow green one is turtles, claimed by the 2yo already):

And my favourite (with my favourite dinner bowl, for when I eat alone after the kids are fed and asleep):

Buuut - that wasn't all. This was what I pulled out of the envelope: They came in a bright and lovely fabric bucket!

(pattern shot)

Love them! Thank you so much rscowtown, this is just what I hoped for and exactly what I need! And thank you thank you thank you for the fabric bucket, also exactly what I need, but very much a surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2014 10:07:31 AM »

I need feedback from something so I can hop in and claim for 105! 

Whoops, this is what happens when folks post in the gallery and don't PM the organizer... She sees the post and it goes right in one ear and out the other. Totally forgotten when she is going through PM's later to update the claims list. Sorry Lindy, I'll get you some feedback tonight.

I hadn't received my last claim as of yesterday so I was really just complaining that I was still full up rather than hinting... but thanks for the feedback and I just happened to receive my last claim from anna.wahnsinn yesterday....

She claimed me for jewelry and sent the most gorgeous necklace.  I am assuming this is some sort of bead weaving??  Anyway I love it!  Thank you so much

Detail shot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014 10:33:33 AM »

anna.wahnsinn claimed me for an embroidered pouch pendant and I absolutely love her take on them. I feel so well stalked. She did an awesome job of picking designs that are exactly right for me.

Cheesy Well Ave, you are easy to craft for. You might have mentioned something about "anything Loki" once or twice, and I love that forget me not pincushion on your pinterest so much myself, I used that for the trial run, and I had this chain... That was the first time I tried this kind of embroidery, that was fun and very forgiving! But if you ever take that thing apart, you'll find a paper template in there. Next time I'll draw the design...

That felt should be 100% of some kind of acrylic by the way, I forget if this had a label, but that's just what you get here in the shops. You should see the white, that's practically see-through.

This is 100% cotton, do you recognize the fabric? Hanna likes it! And I have enough left over to line a little pencil case for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2014 10:45:06 AM »

So glad you like it! I found so much on you pinterest list, but I thought you might enjoy this, too.

I am assuming this is some sort of bead weaving??

I think weaving would need a loom, this is done with just a needle, fishing line and beads. You do row by row in a circle, a little like this ^^^. Very relaxing, and more or less portable. My favourite craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2014 10:50:25 AM »

What a beautiful necklace!  I got one in red...wear it out a lot and get tons of inquiries about it!

Also those felt little pouches are adorable!  I see more of those in your future...and MAYBE you can try out some wool felt as well... Wink...Grin.

I so need microwaveable bowl holders...I have had them on my to do list for at least one year...I should just add them to my wishlist and have one of you talented seamstresses make them for me! Grin  Nicely done, rscotown!

Good use of that cute fabric...I hope you are using up the stash of fabric that you have been getting in this swap! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2014 11:41:56 AM »

Oh that hat is too sweet!

So I have my own beaded jewelry by Anne with that interesting pattern and was wondering if you do all 6 strands at the same time or do you string a ton of beads on half the strings and then sort of add 2 beads to each of the other strings, joining them to the already strung beads then add 2 more beads and join to the other side?? What do you do with your starting point to keep it available for joining to the end when you are finished? am I overthinking it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa
Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2014 02:37:17 PM »

Heehee!  I love that last picture of the min pin ami with your doggie kittykill!  Too precious!

You guys are killing cuz now I want to add one of everything on this page to my wishlist.  Except for the baby hat, which is gorgeous, but I think it would look funny on me.   Tongue

The beaded necklace and bowls are awesome, but I especially love the little embroidered pouch necklaces!  I find myself needing one now.  In fact, I don't know how I've made it this long without one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...