A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 187189 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: April 09, 2014 09:58:47 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Thank you for your patience friends!  I was able to complete updating OWLs & NEWTs this morning.  That means that the House Point totals are truly up to date, and include all submitted classes, challenges, beans, OWLs and NEWTs. 

If you have proposed an OWL or NEWT this semester, please check the list on the first page to make sure it is correct. 

If there is a mistake, do let me know.  But please, for the love of my sanity, send just one message each, and be sure to include actual information in your message.  A note that says "My OWL isn't there", is not actually helpful.  Undecided  Please include the name of the subject you are missing, and a link to the post in which you created your proposal, or your completed project post.  Your help on this is greatly appreciated!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calliemae
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2014 10:10:05 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Quidditch: Bludger to Gryffindor
Project Name: Last Minute Blanket.
Description: I hate having to do things last minute, I am the queen of planning, anything else makes me crazy stressed. So when I found out about a last minute baby shower I was not a happy Slytherin. However, knitting makes me very happy, and I loved the way this little blanket turned out, and it only took me 5.5 hours to start and finish.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Quidditch: Bludger to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Stork Brings A Baby
Brief Description: I looked up into the sky and I saw a cloud shaped like a stork, guess that means a new arrival is on its way. What better way to welcome than offering up this gift.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
Moonflame
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2014 10:44:39 AM »

Sammylouse40 Lovely card!  I've wanted to try paper moulding, but I've never done it.  

ErinAquahearts  Love the upcycled Easter cards!  Cool idea!

BadWolf314  Awesome wands!  I've been too intimidated to try my own yet.  Great job! Smiley

Ladychris2010  That's a great earwarmer!  I bet your mom loves it!

MamanTattoo  Those flame boots are fabulous!  And I love the yarn you made.  Do you spin on a wheel or drop spindle?  Your tooth cart pictures are agorable, and the pants are, too! Smiley

Brinkmeknitting8 Nice job on the space clearing!  And your thread catcher turned out lovely!

FiberAlchemist Great space clearing!  And that hat is sooooo cute!  The postcard is beautiful. Smiley

Nicajeanie I love your squares!  

Jellybean89 The cards are such a great use of an old calendar!  Sweet!  And those scares are great! Smiley

Gaudiknight I love your socks!!  Dumbledore would be jealous! Smiley

Calliemae  What a beautiful blanket and sweater!  Great job!

One more from me!

Class: Divination / Challenge: Quidditch - Bludger to Slytherin (all stash)
S.P.E.W. n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Flair book with Flair!
Project Description:  Today I was cleaning countertops and came across a bunch of stickynotes with ideas for flair written on them.  I wanted to throw them away, but in typical ADD crafter style, I suddenly HAD to make a notebook to write the ideas in.  Roll Eyes  Anyway, I thought this would make a neat divination project, so I looked into the sky for inspiration, but it was COMPLETELY CLOUD FREE!  Huh  That just doesn't happen here, LOL!  Especially not lately.  So I took that as a sign that my horizons were unbounded, and the sky was the limit.  Grin  I also saw a crane flying this morning, so I was inspired to do something about flight. I've had this $1 notebook in my stash for several years  Undecided so it was time to upcycle it into something I actually WANTED to use. Smiley  I wanted to put a button on it, but couldn't find one that worked, but then I had a sudden inspiration to make a flair button and use it.  Very apropos, I think. Cheesy  
Project Pic:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014 07:57:17 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2014 12:00:21 PM »

Thanks ladies for the ideas, I think I might be on the right track... Cheesy

I spun with a drop spindle Smiley Someday I will have a wheel!!

I don't remember who asked but yes, anything project turned is okay to hit or score.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2014 11:17:07 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Hello friends!  Yes, I fear I have yet another announcement. I feel like I've been overburdening you all with them the last few days, but hopefully this will be the last one for a bit.  I want you all to know that the post on the first page of OWLs & NEWTs has been broken up into 2 separate posts.  One for OWL's, is in the same space.  The post for NEWT's is 2 posts below that.  I'm sure you've all noticed pinkleo & my comments about just how big a project tallying House Points is.  I felt that part of the reason for that is just how dense the OWL & NEWT post was.  Editing the text every time someone had a new proposal was like wading into the jungle with nothing but a large knife.  Daunting to say the least.  Undecided

So, we're going to try this for a little bit and see if it works.  Hopefully it will help us keep Advanced Studies updated in a more timely fashion.  Thank you again for your continued patience while we work to make this wonderful place run even better!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2014 03:22:42 PM »

gaudiknight, that's a great looking sock! I think you've inspired me to finally try them. Smiley

I hope it's OK for me to propose a NEWT - I did complete an OWL, but my name isn't on the list of eligible students yet.

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Herbology
Project Name: Spring veggie & flower garden
Brief Description: I will demonstrate my mastery of many varieties of plant (mostly muggle), by constructing and planting a raised garden in my yard. I will consider the project complete when I have filled all the space with plants, and they are all well established.
Timeline and materials:
Week 1: Plot out and mark my space. Build the raised beds from cinderblocks.
Week 2: Fill beds with soil and compost (many trips to the town compost site). Sketch preliminary plan for where veggies will go.
Week 3: Start planting things!
Week 4 onward: More planting! General garden maintenance, weeding, pruning, staking, watering. Maybe some kind of decorating?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2014 06:23:42 AM »

calliemae - You finished a baby blanket in under 6 hours?  Wow!  I usually take weeks to finish anything that big.

moonflame - What a pretty notebook!

NEWT Update - I am pretty much still in square one as far as sewing my seven dresses.  I got as far as prewashing all my material and cutting out two patterns, but then real life got in the way.  I hope to finish at least one this evening after work.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Goal for Hufflepuff (Thrift Store Yarn)
Project Name: Teeny Tiny Sweater
Project Page Link: Made using Wovenflame's "Knitting Patterns to Fit Pukipuki" available on ravelry or etsy
Brief Description: One of the hazards of being a crafter is that people keep bringing you things that they think you can use.  A friend found two lovely skeins of lace-weight yarn from the 70s or 80s in a thrift store, and brought them home for me.  While winding them into balls, I found moths had gotten at one of the skeins, so I had lots of short lengths of yarn.  Not so good for shawls, but perfect for doll sweaters.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014 02:00:06 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2014 08:00:52 AM »

Acadian Driftwood Love your proposal! Smiley 

GaudiknightWhat an adorable sweater! 

MamanTattoo I changed my notebook from a goal for Huffle to a bludger, because I was thinking about it, and though I upcycled an item, it wasn't already used, so I think bludger is probably more appropriate.  It was all stash supply, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2014 07:52:21 AM »

The Quidditch is up to date!

I should have put it the other way around! We're all in the minus... next time I'll know Tongue

Gaudiknight- That sweater is just so cute! I love tiny things.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014 07:55:16 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2014 08:59:53 PM »

Class: Astronomy
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Baby Everett's Baby Blanket
Project Description:  My cousin had a baby.  He is so cute!  So I made him a baby blanket.  It's a lot like the first one I made but its a little bigger and has a solid blue stripe around the edge and a little loopy finish. It took the horrible recovery time of laying in bed and gave me something to focus on other than the pain after my surgery.  Definitely a positive object from my negative time in bed.   Cheesy

Challenge: April Detention
Quidditch:  Goal for Slytherin
Project Name: Upcycled Children's Book Cards
Project Description: Continuing  with my thrift book transformations.  I made a set of six cards with bunnies again.  These are home togetherness themed.  Dinner with family and hanging out after together.

Quidditch: Goal for Slytherin
Project Name: School Day Bunny Greeting Cards
Project Description: Another set of cards made from old children's book pictures.  These are more school day/ mischief making themed. Four in the set.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds
November 6, 2019 Featured Projects

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...