A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,624
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 175621 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2014 05:36:21 PM »

Challenge: Bean--Envelope Glue...bleh!
SPEW: NA
Quidditch: Score for SLYTHERIN
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Easter Bunny Easter Cards
Project Description: I bought a HUGE stack of children's books from our library a few years back.  I had this wild idea that I would take the illustrations from the books and use them to make greeting cards.  Well. I dismantled the books and carefully stored all the pictures and then never returned to finish the projects... BAD ERIN!  Well. I finally bought some cardstock so that I can make the card blanks.  My first set of cards came from a cute Easter themed book about a bunny family waking up and going on an Easter hunt for their Easter baskets because the oldest bunny hide them.  I don't remember the name of the book or the artist (I was silly enough not to keep that information!  Tongue)  So here they are.  Six cute Easter cards made from a thrifted children's book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2014 05:51:55 PM »

okay...so here is a link the the Yarnbomber website...

http://www.yarnbomber.com/

The deadline for the next yarnbomb is APRIL 15TH!  So hurry if you want to join in the fun...he also needs help with installation the last time I heard...So if you live in the Santa Barbara area you may want to try to do that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2014 07:23:47 PM »

Quick Flyby Posting:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Envelope Glue
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wands
Brief Description: I used a lot of hot glue to whip up some new wands!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
WhistleFish
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2014 09:11:35 PM »

Gryffindor Tower, Muggle Studies, and History of Magic are now updated!

There's been some great crafting lately! I've got some projects to turn in as well, hopefully I can get pictures taken this week and turn them in. Smiley Hope everyone is well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladychris2010
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2014 10:20:26 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons March Challenge
SPEW:
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Uniform Ear Warmer
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Well after I did my sailor moon themed headband (separate thread) my mom asked me to make one in the colors of her work uniform. Now it's fairly simple to make but I started it soon after she asked me to make it and then put it down for other projects and finally finished it earlier today
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2014 07:46:22 AM »

Sorry for being totally absent! I'll update the Quidditch pitch...soon. At least before the term is over? I plan to have a surprise for my Quiddtich players and Flying students, but what? Smiley

I'm having quite a weird spring, actually. Still not looking like spring outdoor, more like December. I spent the day at the hospital yesterday for the first time in my life (didn't even go to give birth!) I passed a kidney stones. I hurts. so. much. But now it's gone, and I'm kind of trying to rest (yeah, the kids are listening telly!) so to celebrate lets turn in some assignments!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy / Bludger to Slytherin
SPEW: n/a
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Fire boots for Victor
Project Page Link (if available): http://demilunes.co/2014/04/02/experiences/
Brief Description: I've been wanting to try wet soap felting for a while now and finally got to it.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA / bludger to Ravenclaw
Project Name: Spring spinning
Project Page Link:  http://demilunes.co/2014/03/27/je-suis-allee-voir-andre-stern/
Brief Description: Last year, I started working on some cute colored yarn (for what was left of the felted MLP I did) but didn't know what to do with it so I offered the result to a lovely new friend here, the first real friend since we moved! Smiley She was really happy, told me it's not something that happens often, knitting with some yarn you know who spun it!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Charms
Project Name: Tooth fairy Chart
Project Page Link (if available): http://demilunes.co/2014/04/04/la-carte-des-dents/
Brief Description:  My daughter lost a baby tooth! Can you believe it? She's growing up so, so fast! For the tooth fairy to keep track of lost tooth I made a chart using pen and watercolor (technique 1), and shown it on my blog. Several mamas requested one for themselves their children, so I took a picture and edited it (technique 2) so it could be printed:

Feel free to use it too!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfigurations /  bludger to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Quack-quack pants
Project Page Link (if available): http://demilunes.co/2014/03/28/les-pantalongs-coin-coin-et-le-the-dostara/
Brief Description: as a little gift for Spring, I made my children those supper comfy knit pants. I had that fabric stored for about 3 years, wondering what to make of it! Well, I decided to use every last of it, even if it means my daughter have "yoga" pants (her words!)
Project Picture:

Since it's a all in one post:

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Astronomy
Project Name: e-Book of Shadows (The little guide of the Agnostic Pagan Family) Illustrations
Brief Description: It's a huge project I've been willing to make for a long, long time. I want to write a little book for each seasons and each sabbath, about how we celebrate the year and how we heal ourselves naturally. In French...because there's nothing much in french for those living in our Qubecer weather. I want to illustrate it with watercolor, so that's the NEWT part for you!
I choose Astronomy as a subject for this since The Wheel of the Year is based on the Equinoxes, Solstices and medianes (Samhain, Imbolc, Betaine and Lughnasad) and those are the 9 (I'm adding the Wheel too) I want to make absolutely.  I guess I'll start with Beltaine since it's the one comming up.

few. So there you have it!
I'm going to update my pitch now. *fly to the pitch in shame*

Can't wait to have my our finger puppets pottermouth!!! They are awesome!!

I'm so late into the craftalong I can't comment on everyone... but there's so many great projects.

ETA: You can head to the Quidditch Pitch to see the current score!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014 08:25:55 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
BringMeKnitting8
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2014 09:41:28 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Muggle Studies
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Craft Room Cleaning
Project Page Link:https://www.flickr.com/photos/kayovel/sets/72157643593040084/
Brief Description: My boyfriend and I decided it would be nice to have my crafting things all in one space so we took on the challenge of clearing out our junk room and redoing it all.
So instead of having an unsightly corning in the living room, now we have another nice room to hang out in.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014 01:57:31 PM by BringMeKnitting8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2014 10:36:51 AM »

gaudiknight It turned out really nice! Very nice!
netchez Thats clever! I love that you dyed it pink! Awesome!
coulsenl I love the color! And what a great thing for a teething little one!
ErinAquaheart Awesome granny squares! I love the colors! The easter cards are absolutely adorable!
TechnicolorAquahearts The notebooks are fantastic! The chaos and bear drawing are amazing! The panda is so cute and your shoes turned out awesome!
Moonflame Awesome Spew squares! I think my favorite is the phoenix one, I love the colors and the pattern!
sammylouise40 Again I love how the card turned out. Purple is the perfect color for it!
ladychris2010 The ear warmer looks so toasty!
MamanTattoo The shoes look awesome!!! And I love the yarn colors! And the fabric for the pants is adorable! And I love how the tooth fairy chart looks! Cute! I cant wait to see your finished ebook!
BringMeKnitting8 Welcome to Hogwarts!!! Wow! It looks great! I love the wall hanging thing, so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Naantje
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2014 10:48:40 AM »

Advanced studies update: I've finished my sweater's body! I just seamed up the shoulders and finally had my first fitting. I did so much better than with my first sweater (that one ended up 3 sizes to big and received a new home with a friend) because it totally fits like it should! I'm so happy, because there were LOTS of conversions and alterations involved.

Pattern had 5 sizes, so XS-S-M-L-XL and this is how my measurements stacked up:
Shoulderwidth = XS
Waist = M
Hips = L
Bust = XL and a half

Sorting out the alterations from the bosom to the shoulders was the toughest part. I had to move the armholes back so as not to have the sweater be baggy in the back and stretched out in the front, and I had to smuggle with my stitches to go five sizes down. And naturally, I had to compensate for gauge as well. I was really nervous about that part, but the alterations to the pattern really work! Being larger chested, it can really be a pain to get clothes to fit properly... I betcha I'd still be showing cleavage wearing a turtle-neck!  Undecided

So now it's on to the sleeves. The pattern works with flat knit set-in sleeves. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks: I hate seaming knitting up! I already changed the body to knitting in the round, and I'll be changing the sleeves as well. I've found this great tutorial to knit set-in sleeves seamlessly from the top down and decided that I'll be trying that technique. If I mess it all up, no harm done, I'll just frog the sleeve and follow the pattern. Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
BringMeKnitting8
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2014 02:04:19 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Herbology
Project Name: Thread Catcher
Project Page Link:https://www.flickr.com/photos/kayovel/13701721533/in/photostream/
Brief Description:
This duo thrash and pin cushion was so fun to make. I also used up some of my stash to make it. This will be so helpful because I don't have a trash in my sewing room yet. Made with help from this nifty tutorial from the polka dot apron http://mypolkadotapron.blogspot.com/2011/05/thread-catcher-tutorial.html

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DADA
Project Name: Kitty Cat Blanket
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:
I started making these squares with the assumption that it would become a nice double sized blanket for my bed. Little did I know that it would instead become a cuddly topper to my new cat's bed.  made with the Weekend in Stockholm pattern hear http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/weekend-stockholm"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014 02:05:22 PM by BringMeKnitting8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...